Streaming live matches

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Lags said:

A bit contradictory. The headline states every game, but in the story it says until 50% of fans are allowed into stadiums. If a vaccine is found, (which could be soon) all fans will be let in again.  As I said in the other thread. Ifollow is increasing to £140, but if Sky have exclusivity, then Ifollow cannot stream the game live.

The cheapest option for live coverage is a season ticket. Would more fans buy one under this deal?

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

A bit contradictory. The headline states every game, but in the story it says until 50% of fans are allowed into stadiums. If a vaccine is found, (which could be soon) all fans will be let in again.  As I said in the other thread. Ifollow is increasing to £140, but if Sky have exclusivity, then Ifollow cannot stream the game live.

The cheapest option for live coverage is a season ticket. Would more fans buy one under this deal?

I think you're putting way to much faith in a vaccine being available very soon 

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Maybe the club could introduce a "streaming" ST for £220 to non concessionary adults (22 games at £10) who want to stream and then they pay an additional fee, maybe a fiver on the gate, if entry allowed as restrictions ease.  Priority for entry will remain to those who have paid the full ST amount initially.

21 hours ago, Whitts said:

Maybe the club could introduce a "streaming" ST for £220 to non concessionary adults (22 games at £10) who want to stream and then they pay an additional fee, maybe a fiver on the gate, if entry allowed as restrictions ease.  Priority for entry will remain to those who have paid the full ST amount initially.

Streaming by Sky, and later by Ifollow would cover away games as well.

21 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I think you're putting way to much faith in a vaccine being available very soon 

I really hope not, there are two which could be given the go ahead this year. The Oxford one and a German one.🤞

10 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Streaming by Sky, and later by Ifollow would cover away games as well.

I really hope not, there are two which could be given the go ahead this year. The Oxford one and a German one.🤞

Am I the only one that is slightly concerned at vaccines that have been developed in less than 12 months? Britain have ordered 5 different kinds, are you mean to have them all?

14 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Am I the only one that is slightly concerned at vaccines that have been developed in less than 12 months? Britain have ordered 5 different kinds, are you mean to have them all?

They are hoping that one of them works which just goes to emphasise that there is no guarantee that any of them will 

36 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They are hoping that one of them works which just goes to emphasise that there is no guarantee that any of them will 

Not sure I see the benefit in being an early adopter unless you're in a high risk group. Forced vaccination of areas where lockdown was reimposed first please, so we can do some mass testing for adverse effects :chubb:

Latics supporters will have the option to stream matches via iFollow whilst access to games is restricted.

"Access to streams for Season ticket holders are by way of a season ticket holder who has purchased a seat in the stadium and is unable to attend the match for purpose of reduced attendances."

"League One and Two are able to stream any match not shown live on Sky to fans who purchase individual match passes for £10."

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/august/26082020-ifollow-passes/

Sounds like a workable solution during Covid restrictions. Get something  to watch on home games for my season tickets and can buy the game pass for away matches if required.

This is likely to be in place for some time (well into  2021) whilst an effective vaccine is worked on and adequately tested. Anyone wanting to boycott  watching their team due to their views on the guy who pays all the bills (usually) can do so, although paying for a game pass for home games will be sending money to the club to meet their running costs.

This will help in keeping a lot of clubs afloat and less going the way of Bury.  Let's hope it works! :)

13 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It would be interesting if they could register viewing figures for games, I wonder if we've reached the point where we have so many exiles that it could count as our highest (sort of) attendance??  😄

Depends if you include pirated streams...

3 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

EFL have informed me today that they've just taken €166  off my credit card for this season's ifollow video pass.

A significant increase on last year. Coupled to this, us foreign residents won't be able to watch the Carabao Cup game this weekend.

That's quite a lot of money. What was it last season?

58 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

EFL have informed me today that they've just taken €166  off my credit card for this season's ifollow video pass.

A significant increase on last year. Coupled to this, us foreign residents won't be able to watch the Carabao Cup game this weekend.

54 minutes ago, Lags said:

That’s roughly £7.22 per game. Nearly as cheap as an over 65 season ticket 😀

1 hour ago, Lags said:

My basic non video renewal quote in Oct was £45 incl VAT, it was the same amount in 2018, and 2017. It's still £45 on thr website, if I wanted to rejoin.

Not sure of the TV level subscription is, but it's still £10 per match.

2 minutes ago, singe said:

My basic non video renewal quote in Oct was £45 incl VAT, it was the same amount in 2018, and 2017. It's still £45 on thr website, if I wanted to rejoin.

Yes my renewal yesterday was £45. Basic audio subscription.

10 minutes ago, singe said:

I don't think you have to pay for Ifollow to get the match pass. It seems to be just £10 per game, if you click on subscribe on Latics web site.

5 hours ago, Lags said:

Around €130. But it's an even worse deal as I can't get the Carabao cup games, and I'll miss the games that Sky televise, as unlike last year we'll be battling for promotion.🙂

Archived