Oldham v Carlisle

I enjoyed the game. The side played through the lines well when we did. Carlisle didn't try footballing, in the main they passed midfield by. 

Some shocking defending by Carlisle but you have to put the ball away, which we did. Take chances that come your way. You'll win more than you lose. 

I thought all 3 up top played well and fought from the front, which is good. Gerrity looks a decent addition and if he improves then we've got a player that will have the scouts watching ( I know he's not ours) 

Definitely something to work with and certainly expect top half as it stands. A few more good additions and who knows, play offs. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Lags said:

I just can't take a burberry clad hooligan serious 😂😂

This cock was right though, oddly more agreed than didn't. Different media different reception 

Not sure if that's referring to me, but never worn burberry in my life! My brother maybe...

I just don't see why you (and others like you) are celebrating the splits in the fanbase at the moment, helping widen them. Seems contrary to your stated position.

23 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Not sure if that's referring to me, but never worn burberry in my life! My brother maybe...

I just don't see why you (and others like you) are celebrating the splits in the fanbase at the moment, helping widen them. Seems contrary to your stated position.

Au contraire, elle est extraordinaire.

So, in your world it's OK to peddle your narrative at every opportunity or even none opportunity, yet someone with opposite opinion is a cock!!!!

I firmly believe the current split in the fanbase is not good. I also firmly believe that those of opposite opinion could be brought along if protest was in the ground and not egging the none attendance. A win win situation for all.

This is my final point, less of the slurs and you and I will live a more harmonious life. You don't need to like me, you don't have to agree with me, but you do have to respect my ability to my own opinion. By all means debate where you believe I am wrong, I've yet to see many change their mind on a message board unlike in real life. Still you could try.

Still not sure what you're banging on about I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

I firmly believe the current split in the fanbase is not good. I also firmly believe that those of opposite opinion could be brought along if protest was in the ground and not egging the none attendance. A win win situation for all.

You posted this:

"One win doesn't make a season, but were you watching losers?"

It's grandstanding, and makes you look like a cock. You were called out on it in the comments on the post, and I'll call you out on it here. Don't act like a cock and you won't get called out. Easy really.

6 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Still not sure what you're banging on about I'm afraid.

You posted this:

"One win doesn't make a season, but were you watching losers?"

It's grandstanding, and makes you look like a cock. You were called out on it in the comments on the post, and I'll call you out on it here. Don't act like a cock and you won't get called out. Easy really.

Fine, easy it is

4 hours ago, Lags said:

I just can't take a burberry clad hooligan serious 😂😂

This cock was right though, oddly more agreed than didn't. Different media different reception 

At least get the right brother you silly twat.

One is well educated and inoffensive. The other is the runt of the litter. Lairy and contrary. You're as bad as Barry Owen, who still calls me Alex to this day.

As for Burberry, I'm no pov, it was clearly Aquascutum and it's no longer 2005. I'm about 5 stone fatter and no longer clad head to toe in the stuff. Didn't stop you giving me a lift down Bristol way for a game though did it, or did you just need the petrol money? Bellend.

1 hour ago, Omar Don't Scare said:

At least get the right brother you silly twat.

One is well educated and inoffensive. The other is the runt of the litter. Lairy and contrary. You're as bad as Barry Owen, who still calls me Alex to this day.

As for Burberry, I'm no pov, it was clearly Aquascutum and it's no longer 2005. I'm about 5 stone fatter and no longer clad head to toe in the stuff. Didn't stop you giving me a lift down Bristol way for a game though did it, or did you just need the petrol money? Bellend.

Easy mistake to make given the username. However accept my apology on getting the wrong person. 

As I recall that game in question, you had a match ticket and I had a car. It seemed to work out. Plus I'll help anybody out, that's the bellend I am.

34 minutes ago, Lags said:

Easy mistake to make given the username. However accept my apology on getting the wrong person. 

As I recall that game in question, you had a match ticket and I had a car. It seemed to work out. Plus I'll help anybody out, that's the bellend I am.

I'm more concerned about how you chose to label me when you don't even really know me.

1 hour ago, Omar Don't Scare said:

I'm more concerned about how you chose to label me when you don't even really know me.

Put it down to me allowing social media to get the better of me. I can echo that sentiment. 

I've a hard day's graft tomorrow and here I am, awake. Time I took some advice and stepped back and reflect. It's all too toxic right now. 

So, to all those that's stayed out and had to endure the toxic. I apologise. 

To those that disagree with me, peace out

every social media platform is hostile at the moment see shit like this on any forum especially if politics is discussed from photography to Morrisdancing .People are bored people are fed up and they are venting there anger at each other .

16 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

every social media platform is hostile at the moment see shit like this on any forum especially if politics is discussed from photography to Morrisdancing .People are bored people are fed up and they are venting there anger at each other .

This place gets toxic when things aren't going well which is why it has been that way for quite some time now. 

21 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

True, but this is on a thread for a game where we thumped the opposition 3-0 for our first opening day win in 7 years!!!  😱

Wow, I hadn’t realised it had been seven years since our last opening day win!

I guess when you win so few games generally it does make it less likely.

Archived