Now former MD Karl Evans

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

As an aside, what an absolutely ridiculous thing to write. He watched the groundwork laid for a similar club to us going to the wall. The red flags are all over the place at Latics and the Trust should be absolutely shitting themselves about the same happening to us. The events and stories are not entertainment and, though I accept it may just be unfortunate phrasing, the levity insinuated is really worrying and symptomatic of why so many fans have so little faith in the Trust however well meaning those involved are.

Agree 100%, was very disappointed when i read the Trust notes on their meeting with Karl Evans. I didn't expect much but to dismiss the events at Bury as stuff for after-dinner speaking is unfortunate given Latics are displaying many of the same distress signals. Accept may be poorly phrased but really was desperately disappointing.   

21 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I respect you and the work you do. 

But hasn’t the trust attempted to be the nice guy to many times and failed ? It’s time to actually change stance and pressure apposed to be told what you (the trust) want to hear and nothing actually happening. 

I get it, but the new Trust team are not in place until after next weeks AGM

Yesterday was an opportunity that came around quickly and we decided it is better to at least to make a start

The MOU is specific on the information Trust/fans want the frequence of the meetings and the quality of information to be published. We I originally resigned it was 4 pages long 

This document is the gauge on the how happy/not happy 

28 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I’ve worked with a few CEO’s in my time. The best ones get up to speed very quickly, especially if they are properly briefed. A week is long enough for him to grasp the main issues within the club and to form an opinion and a plan of action. 

Agree to a point BigDog but a CEO would normally be the role setting out his strategy for the business and would be ultimately responsible for the financial performance with his chosen Financial Director

Our CEO is unlikely to be doing that and I suspect more taking up a Managing Director role 

He should have been updated on key issues but that will be ‘in the opinion’ of the owner.

He will need time to form his own opinion on matters but the key question will be, if he is any good, will he have the authority to make improvements 

Talking early doors to the Trust and PtB is a positive 

Just now, tGWB said:

Agree to a point BigDog but a CEO would normally be the role setting out his strategy for the business and would be ultimately responsible for the financial performance with his chosen Financial Director

Our CEO is unlikely to be doing that and I suspect more taking up a Managing Director role 

He should have been updated on key issues but that will be ‘in the opinion’ of the owner.

He will need time to form his own opinion on matters but the key question will be, if he is any good, will he have the authority to make improvements 

Talking early doors to the Trust and PtB is a positive 

I am amazed that the former “board rep” openly minuted as not being trusted by the trust board web Darren was chosen to attend this meeting...

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I’ve worked with a few CEO’s in my time. The best ones get up to speed very quickly, especially if they are properly briefed. A week is long enough for him to grasp the main issues within the club and to form an opinion and a plan of action. 

Likewise. But they'll have done some of the old due diligence before joining. By definition nobody who takes a role here has done. 

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I am amazed that the former “board rep” openly minuted as not being trusted by the trust board web Darren was chosen to attend this meeting...

To be honest it came around so quickly we did not expect any sort of response until after the AGM and we  knew PTB had a confirmed meeting too.

I said lets touch base with the new CEO, Mike said he sort of knew him and would plant the seeds of the Trust.

Paul in Philippa's absence as leader, said he would make formal contact by email/letter over the weekend. A welcome to our club any chance of meeting kinda thing

and I think this was originally Darren's own meeting booked in at the club and it morphed into this more or less overnight.

A first tentative step for the new Trust board to take off from.

I thought it was good that it happened and it showed the new CEO was engaging with the relevant supporter organisations

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

To be honest it came around so quickly we did not expect any sort of response until after the AGM and we new PTB had a confirmed meeting too.

I said lets touch base with the new CEO, Mike said he new him already and would plant the seeds of the Trust.

Paul in Philippa's absence as leader, said he would make formal contact by email/letter over the weekend. A welcome to our club any chance of meeting kinda thing

and I think this was originally Darren's own meeting booked in at the club and it morphed into this more or less overnight.

A first tentative step for the new Trust board to take off from.

I thought it was good that it happened

“Mike said he already knew him”

”Already Darrens meeting with the club”

oh dear 

15 minutes ago, underdog said:

Maybe I am missing something here and apologies if I have

I thought it would be well received that some sort on contact had happened by the CEO with the two supporter organisation and within a week

Mike “AL is my long lost lover” Haliwell already knew him

and Darren “I block any fan who dares call me out for being a parasitic prick and the trust unanimously don”t trust me” Ratcliffe already had the meeting planned no doubt to line up some pies for his sticky fingers.

It stinks - I bet they had a lovely time agreeing the fans are cocks and it’s our own fault cos we won’t pay £270 for 22 versions of Tuesday night 

27 minutes ago, underdog said:

Maybe I am missing something here and apologies if I have

I thought it would be well received that some sort on contact had happened by the CEO with the two supporter organisation and within a week

It's the tone. What's to lose at this stage by going in all guns blazing and leaving him in no doubt a all about the state we're in?

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's the tone. What's to lose at this stage by going in all guns blazing and leaving him in no doubt a all about the state we're in?

I get that too

But remember the two who went in yesterday, might not be part of the Trust after next weeks AGM.

There is also the members survey to consider 

Now the MOU does set the tone. I should know I drafted the 4 page document and the FSA signed off on it at the time I left.  I believe the MD did sign off on it, but was waiting final approval from the club board.

Advising the new CEO that there is one tentatively in place gives and we don't have to start from the very beginning. it just needs that last sign off 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Where was it openly minuted that Darren attended, i can't see that in the update??

6 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Where was it openly minuted that Darren attended, i can't see that in the update??

apart from it being “minuted” by the trust themselves on social media when asked who attended and UD on here 

so no conclusions jumped to - you probably have first hand knowledge who was there anyway 

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

Agreed, i was just responding to somebody saying it was minuted who attended and i hadn't seen that.

I didn’t say it had been minuted who attended - that’s been confirmed in the places I stated above.

I stated it was openly minuted at the trusts meeting that Darren Ratcliffe was not trusted by the majority of the trust board.  Those minutes can be found on the trust page from the Home page of this site posted by underdog 

The Trust meet with the new CEO. PTB meet with the new CEO. So far he thinks it's all ok but PTB will no doubt make sure he knows it isn't. What can he do about it? He's AL's employee, and if he steps out of line we all know what happens. 

17 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I think he knows what state we are in, but will do as the owner decrees or be swiftly booted out like many before him.

Archived