5 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Most managers say quite openly in interviews, papers etc that there isn’t much difference between L2 and the national league so this he has only played x amount of league games doesn’t wash. 

Having said that I genuinely think him changing his play slightly to adapt to L2 by playing that little bit further forward would massively benefit his goals record for us. 

Correct! 👋

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Most managers say quite openly in interviews, papers etc that there isn’t much difference between L2 and the national league so this he has only played x amount of league games doesn’t wash. 

Having said that I genuinely think him changing his play slightly to adapt to L2 by playing that little bit further forward would massively benefit his goals record for us. 

Play him somewhere else defence again......Murphy Duffus and Wilson score for fun in the national league....we moved them on because they were hopeless with us .  .

as for “most managers” ...they last about 11 months in a job on average....i would be very wary of using them as my research

13 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Play him somewhere else defence again......Murphy Duffus and Wilson score for fun in the national league....we moved them on because they were hopeless with us .  .

as for “most managers” ...they last about 11 months in a job on average....i would be very wary of using them as my research

On the other hand you have Peterborough and Exeter who regularly sign players from the lower leagues and sell on for a substantial profit. 

We are talking about Experienced managers who have managed in these leagues John, whether is 11 months or 5, not those who just talk about. 

2 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

On the other hand you have Peterborough and Exeter who regularly sign players from the lower leagues and sell on for a substantial profit. 

We are talking about Experienced managers who have managed in these leagues John, whether is 11 months or 5, not those who just talk about. 

How many 31 year olds have Posh and Exeter signed and moved on for money......do you think only Oldham Athletic looked at a player scoring every week In non league

we must have outbid and out waged everybody else ?

34 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

There is no point flogging a dead horse and playing a dead horse further forward won’t be that effective either 

Sounds like you’ve wrote him off already without even trying him further forward. Great policy that!!

6 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

How many 31 year olds have Posh and Exeter signed and moved on for money......do you think only Oldham Athletic looked at a player scoring every week In non league

we must have outbid and out waged everybody else ?

They take players with potential, not ones like Rowe that’s the point I’m making. I doubt many sides would have been in for a 31 year old from non league. If a team hasn’t taken a punt on him by now don’t you have to question why? For Fylde 24 goals in 17/18, 27 in 18/19 and 6 in 19/20. If he was worth big money clubs since 2018 would have been paying it. But they haven’t.

Create chances he’ll finish them.
Surround him with players with pace and half a brain, he’ll also create.  This is clear from watching him.  It doesn’t matter whether he plays as a number 9 or a number 10 (that will depend on how we play and the opposition etc).

No, he’s not going to beat three and four men nor are we going to sell him for a substantial profit but, he is a lot better than any attacking option we’ve had this season or last.  

I’d be more worried about whether some of the other players are good enough. 

On 9/12/2020 at 8:27 PM, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I’m sorry but Keillor-Dunn was terrible, beyond terrible in fact. I don’t understand how anyone can say he wasn’t. Doesn’t matter if it was his first game or not, a shit performance is a shit performance.

I’ll be the first to come on here next week and praise him if he plays well, but the topic of this thread is today’s  game, and today he was fucking shite!

On 9/12/2020 at 9:09 PM, TheBigDog said:

And yet according to the match report he was involved in our two best attacking moves:

Harry Kewell’s side created a fantastic opportunity in the 61st minute as Keillor-Dunn played a lovely weighted through ball in behind to Conor McAleny. The attacker couldn’t quite control the pass which took him wide but from an angle, he struck low and hard at goal, but Lawrence Vigouroux denied him with his legs.

Latics went in search of the winner and came close when Keillor-Dunn had the vision to play Zak Dearnley through down the right and the striker pulled his pass back to Danny Rowe inside the penalty box. Rowe turned and shoot at goal, but it went straight at the goalkeeper.

🤔

On 9/12/2020 at 9:30 PM, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I’ve not read the match report, does it mention the 46 times he gave it away? Does it mention how a 38 year old ran quicker over 20 yards than he did over 10? 

If DKD gave the ball away 46 times then 41 of them must have been in the first half.

Here’s the stats from the second half for Keillor-Dunn:

Touches/Passes - 28

Touches/Passes completed - 23

Ball given away - 5

Clear chances created - 3

We all see things differently and whereas I believe that you are entitled to your opinion, to call his contribution ‘beyond terrible’ and a ‘shit performance ‘ is embarrassingly incorrect.

On 9/13/2020 at 2:35 PM, Mayfield said:

Very balanced assessment.

The creative threat of Jonny Smith is removed, Chris McCann isnt there to put his foot on the ball and link play. Few are surprised by the effect of losing them.

True to say other aspects have improved, if the back four had DW in it, I would be relatively happy.

Writing off Dany Rowe, for those who maybe, is daft.

Some argue he isnt worth a place, but I saw very encouraging performances last season, but under Dino, he had to drop too deep.

Clearly Danny needs to play in the right system, which is likely to yield goals.

I also think we will be having to fight to stay out of trouble, dont have enough battlers or class in the middle at the moment.

If Pidge were injured, big problem.

Not been reading threads much lately but writing off Danny Rowe?

Not seen him pre season but last season prior to it being cut short i thought he was a breath of fresh air. A few decent goals and some much needed physical strength.

Talking of physical strength, nothing personal but whats Fage doing back in the team? 

6stone wet through and last time i saw him all i saw was a trier but nothing more.

4 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Not been reading threads much lately but writing off Danny Rowe?

Not seen him pre season but last season prior to it being cut short i thought he was a breath of fresh air. A few decent goals and some much needed physical strength.

The puppet accounts are out telling us that he's ineffective and not worth playing, in advance of him being moved on no doubt.

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

If DKD gave the ball away 46 times then 41 of them must have been in the first half.

Touches/Passes - 28

Ball given away - 5

We all see things differently and whereas I believe that you are entitled to your opinion, to call his contribution ‘beyond terrible’ and a ‘shit performance ‘ is embarrassingly incorrect.

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Touches/Passes - 28

Ball given away - 5

I stand by what I said, his passing was an embarrassment and he’s rightly been dropped. You can throw all the stats you like at me, I witnessed an awful performance with my own eyes.

I’d also find a new site to get your stats from because there was no way on this earth there were three clear chances in the game, never mind three created by DKD.

2 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I stand by what I said, his passing was an embarrassment and he’s rightly been dropped. You can throw all the stats you like at me, I witnessed an awful performance with my own eyes.

I’d also find a new site to get your stats from because there was no way on this earth there were three clear chances in the game, never mind three created by DKD.

I hope you saw Garrity tonight - no way is Dunn the worst passer of a ball after that showing

11 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I hope you saw Garrity tonight - no way is Dunn the worst passer of a ball after that showing

No I didn’t watch it, not too bothered about the league cup.

Looking at some of the comments on here, it seems worse than Saturday.  Did anyone come out of it with any credit?

1 minute ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Looking at some of the comments on here, it seems worse than Saturday.  Did anyone come out of it with any credit?

Dearnley tried to make something happen and Whelan was tidy - other than that I think I’ve seen better watching my little cousins team... hes 6 

6 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Whelan and to some extent Dearnley, who for some strange reason best known to the manager isn't playing alongside Rowe in the promising partnership of last season.

The lightweight McAleny on his own up front is beyond belief.

Kewell needs to sort this out or he will be soon gone and another probably more disastrous appointment will be made in his place.

21 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

For the short time DKD was on he wasn't bad at all. His passes were all completed. Hamer had a better game, but CBJ was hopeless. The fact is they are all erratic. Decent one week, rubbish the next.

Archived