7 hours ago, League one forever said:

What do you mean? Under pressure? 

Don’t want to make too much of it, I was just looking for other opinions. He’s never been particularly chirpy in his interviews, coming across as a serious type who doesn’t want to give too much away, unlike for example Wellens who’d always throw out at least one curved ball in case the opposition was watching.

Just looked tired. Perhaps the pressure of the first league game?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

Don’t want to make too much of it, I was just looking for other opinions. He’s never been particularly chirpy in his interviews, coming across as a serious type who doesn’t want to give too much away, unlike for example Wellens who’d always throw out at least one curved ball in case the opposition was watching.

Just looked tired. Perhaps the pressure of the first league game?

The appointment a new youth team coach who was previously head coach of a Polish top flight team might ring alarm bells.

6 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Let’s stop all the arguments and focus on today’s game lads. predicted line ups? 

lawlor

Hamer

Carl

Jombati

CBJ

Garrity

whelan

Grant

Dunn

McAuley

Dearnley 

Think the first XI looks reasonable on paper, particularly like the fact we look like we have goals in us. 

Still concerned about the defence - CBJ is one-paced, Hamer better at CH and Jombati a bit casual but gifted. 

Midfield has ability but looks a bit weak physically 

I personally think we will struggle badly this season, more for pressures aside from football but I hope the lads can deliver on-the-field 

25 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Let’s stop all the arguments and focus on today’s game lads. predicted line ups? 

lawlor

Hamer

Carl

Jombati

CBJ

Garrity

whelan

Grant

Dunn

McAuley

Dearnley 

Bit confused re Grant. Thought he was a striker. 

33 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Think the first XI looks reasonable on paper, particularly like the fact we look like we have goals in us. 

Still concerned about the defence - CBJ is one-paced, Hamer better at CH and Jombati a bit casual but gifted. 

Midfield has ability but looks a bit weak physically 

I personally think we will struggle badly this season, more for pressures aside from football but I hope the lads can deliver on-the-field 

Was talking through the team with some mates last night. We are very top heavy, big confusing really! But how long has it been since we had goals in our team ? I think a number of these lads can score the goals we need. 

21 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Attacking midfielder

Think this is correct, he drifts out wide and forward, preoccupied with scoring, that's a good attitude to have.

From the showing so far, I see Ben Garrity having to hold the midfield together, with some help from Callum Whelan.

Still dont think the midfield is close to the calibre of a strong L2 side.

What's the story with David Wheater, surely somebody on here has the inside track?

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Was talking through the team with some mates last night. We are very top heavy, big confusing really! But how long has it been since we had goals in our team ? I think a number of these lads can score the goals we need. 

Remember the last time we won our opening league game, 7 years ago 4-3 at Stevenage (should have been about 10-3).....

We had 4 forwards in our squad that day - Rooney (came with big rep, didn't work out for him), Philliskirk (decent till got injured and lost a yard of pace), Charlie McDonald (scored a bagful for teams in the South, didn't quite work out at OAFC) and Johnson Clarke-Harris (big raw-boned lad who looked the part but was in his infancy as a league player so we only had glimpses of his best). 

Behind that we had Jose Baxter, Montano as an out and out winger and Braveheart, James Dayton who was unstoppable on the day but flattered to deceive. 

Great day out, great looking attacking side - would love all that feeling again one day. Like the look of a couple of this team for goals 

7 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Remember the last time we won our opening league game, 7 years ago 4-3 at Stevenage (should have been about 10-3).....

We had 4 forwards in our squad that day - Rooney (came with big rep, didn't work out for him), Philliskirk (decent till got injured and lost a yard of pace), Charlie McDonald (scored a bagful for teams in the South, didn't quite work out at OAFC) and Johnson Clarke-Harris (big raw-boned lad who looked the part but was in his infancy as a league player so we only had glimpses of his best). 

Behind that we had Jose Baxter, Montano as an out and out winger and Braveheart, James Dayton who was unstoppable on the day but flattered to deceive. 

Great day out, great looking attacking side - would love all that feeling again one day. Like the look of a couple of this team for goals 

When a team plays like they did that day it enthuses your passion for football, you couldn't take your eyes off the game. Seems like it has been turgid ever since. 

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

lawlor

Hamer

Carl

Jombati

CBJ

Garrity

whelan

Grant

Dunn

McAuley

Dearnley 

Surely we haven't done a Mike Bassett and signed McAuley? He's 40yo and was a defender at that?

For us exiles who just want the commentary (yes, I'm a skinflint who isn't coughing up a tenner today) there isn't a 'Listen Now' option on iFollow, just 'Watch Live Now'. So it's either ten quid a game or keep up with Flash Scores or similar, I guess.

Archived