Genuine question

1 hour ago, oafc 123 said:

Having yourself and Lags together would be great entertainment 😊

You could be Latics version of Ant and Dec

:lol:

Ive heard from several people who have met Lags that he's decent fella and I can believe that, I do believe he cares as much about the football club as me if not more so. I just disagree with him on a few issues at the moment.

Its one of those things this message board or any social media can often encourage very robust debate. If we all met each other face to face we'd probably all get along fine and probably findout we are not all as different as we think we are.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Ive heard from several people who have met Lags that he's decent fella and I can believe that, I do believe he cares as much about the football club as me if not more so. I just disagree with him on a few issues at the moment.

Its one of those things this message board or any social media can often encourage very robust debate. If we all met each other face to face we'd probably all get along fine and probably findout we are not all as different as we think we are.

Lags is a top bloke and any opinions he has are very much grounded in his love of the club. He’d be terrific on the radio too. 

On 9/12/2020 at 12:29 PM, oafc 123 said:

I think if the club advertised for fans to volunteer their time to travel the country watching Latics for free.  They could probably do much better.

He does far more than that.

On 9/12/2020 at 2:08 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Always thought there should be "meet" at a boozer somewhere where everybody wears a name badge. Know a fair few off here but would make for a good night (even if a bit geeky).

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

Always thought there should be "meet" at a boozer somewhere where everybody wears a name badge. Know a fair few off here but would make for a good night (even if a bit geeky).

Back at the start of OWTB when we had things like hope and aspirations we did use to have the Beardy Bus which alot of us did go on to away games. They were great fun regardless of the result and many people on here or who used to post on here did go on them.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Back at the start of OWTB when we had things like hope and aspirations we did use to have the Beardy Bus which alot of us did go on to away games. They were great fun regardless of the result and many people on here or who used to post on here did go on them.

what happend on the beardy bus stays on the beardy us 

11 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I had the pleasure a couple of times. 

On 9/12/2020 at 11:52 AM, GlossopLatic said:

Well i'm not expecting Gary Neville and Martin Tyler end of the day he's a volunteer and a fan, its kind of down to earth the way he does it. Its kind of endearing.

Roys better than Martin Tyler. At least he says whats in his head, and not just words from a football cliches book.

3 hours ago, youngen said:

Roys better than Martin Tyler. At least he says whats in his head, and not just words from a football cliches book.

Surely the point is to say something relevant, not just what's in your head at the time.

He does tend to go off on a tangent quite a lot nowadays or harp on about things pretty irrelevant to the action.

Perhaps he's missing Gordon to keep him on point.........I know I am.

45 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Surely the point is to say something relevant, not just what's in your head at the time.

He does tend to go off on a tangent quite a lot nowadays or harp on about things pretty irrelevant to the action.

Perhaps he's missing Gordon to keep him on point.........I know I am.

The fact Roy does nothing but praise Hamer is just boring. 

Archived