Morecambe (A) League Cup

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Dearnley one of the worst for me. Mcaleny and grant look like conference players. Rather have segbe on the last 2 games showin

And fage the only player who could beat his man. Didn't misplace a pass. Can't tackle or get back but going forward the only one who looks slightly like he can do somethin

If Fage is the answer we are asking the wrong question.

1 minute ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

so lawlor kicks a ball 30 yards to one of theirs on the touchlinev to  and so we allow 2 of theirs to be unchallenged at the edge of our box .....Where where Pidge and Jamboti

Expecting him to launch it upfield as he should have done.

5 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Gutted we've missed the chance to play in the inaugural UEFA Europa Conference League but at least a 2nd tier North Macedonian team won't have to get the map out whilst muttering "who the f**k are Oldham Athletic?" in Macedonian

Imagine how many players we’d recruit though 

Just now, BP1960 said:

Because the ball is no problem when it's on the edge of the opposition penalty area rather than our own.

Come on BP....you know the game....the centre halves split to give the keeper the option of passing to them or to the midfielder who comes to collect in the centre.....not because they think the keeper is going to launch it

More like 50yds...admittedly it was a poor clearance but we had more than enough time to defend our goal, if you look at Pidge he was ball watching plain and simple!! Rowe made a difference when he came and surely has to start the next game. We have a team full of lightweights and desperately need a proper captain and   

Leader. I would sign Peter Clarke tomorrow!!!

1 minute ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Come on BP....you know the game....the centre halves split to give the keeper the option of passing to them or to the midfielder who comes to collect in the centre.....not because they think the keeper is going to launch it

Get back to goalkeepers preventing rather than gifting goals.

I'm a dinosaur I know, and glad of it watching this lot.

18 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

More like 50yds...admittedly it was a poor clearance but we had more than enough time to defend our goal, if you look at Pidge he was ball watching plain and simple!! Rowe made a difference when he came and surely has to start the next game. We have a team full of lightweights and desperately need a proper captain and   

Leader. I would sign Peter Clarke tomorrow!!!

Answer this, if the ball had been launched 80 yards rather than half that what's the likelihood 

Morecambe would have scored from it?

I agree about the rest.

3 minutes ago, Luis Enrique said:

This thread seems to be 50% complaining our only tactic is launching long balls up to short forwards who can’t win it and 50% complaining we shouldn’t try to play out from the back and should launch it instead. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Divisive is, as divisive does...

Archived