2 hours ago, al_bro said:

The players brought in on trial were from Mo's agent mates. The choice is therefore very limited. Mo and HK discuss them and Hk agrees with Mo about which players get signed.

Don't think there were many agents when big Joe brought in some gems.

They have too much say now and its certainly not working for us.

The danger sign was as owner who was an agent himself which has led to this IMO.

• Like 1
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread seems to be 50% complaining our only tactic is launching long balls up to short forwards who can’t win it and 50% complaining we shouldn’t try to play out from the back and should launch i

Can we please stop with these fake accounts, which ever one of al's little bum boys u are, it's boring.

Strange little man you. 

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Don't think there were many agents when big Joe brought in some gems.

They have too much say now and its certainly not working for us.

The danger sign was as owner who was an agent himself which has led to this IMO.

World's changed but there are good and bad agents just like there are good and bad sporting directors

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

World's changed but there are good and bad agents just like there are good and bad sporting directors

The football world has changed for the worst for lower division clubs since the inception the greedy league. 

Then again I'm a dinosaur and have to accept this is evolution.

I'm just glad I lived in a world before the parasites took hold.

Edited by BP1960
18 hours ago, BP1960 said:

The football world has changed for the worst for lower division clubs since the inception the greedy league. 

Then again I'm a dinosaur and have to accept this is evolution.

I'm just glad I lived in a world before the parasites took hold.

Yep. The greedy league, Bosman, transfer windows and the inability to sign loan players outside the windows, has had a very detrimental effect on L1 & 2 clubs.

43 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Yep. The greedy league, Bosman, transfer windows and the inability to sign loan players outside the windows, has had a very detrimental effect on L1 & 2 clubs.

All true but it's impossible to put up any sort of argument against Bosman. 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Presume that won't apply from 2021, given the UK is no longer signed up to EU freedom of movement

Doubt it. Some changes on free movement, but clubs still have to play nice with their European counterparts. Plus if the ethical angle means anything, if it’s not right for clubs to hold player registrations and demand fees after contracts expire then that would remain true regardless of Brexit.

https://footyanalyst.com/bosman-ruling-brexit-and-the-impact-on-football/