Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, youngen said:

The article about Macc cant even be seen on the BBC website.

 

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

That (in bold) is shocking.

 

But it isn't true though. In fact it was trending a little after lunch time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Isn't youngen in Scandinavia? Pretty sure the beeb serves up different articles if you're not in the UK.

 

Aye, the BBC sport and football page didnt even so much as glimpse it. I saw Kowenickis post, but assumed that was from a local BBC page or the lower league page.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, al_bro said:

Southend also given a bit more time to pay the tax man just short of £500,000. If they can't pay it now, they aren't going to be able to pay in a months time.

It's £1.75m. for Lineker and £490,000 for Shearer, plus all the other ridiculous salaries. They have plenty of sports presenters who can do Lineker's job for much less. Why they they think he's so great I don't know. He earns more from outside the BBC.

Hasn't Lineker accepted a pay cut from £1.75m? Or is £1.75m his new wedge after the cut? I stand corrected on Shearer. What a waste of money the pair of them are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Hasn't Lineker accepted a pay cut from £1.75m? Or is £1.75m his new wedge after the cut? I stand corrected on Shearer. What a waste of money the pair of them are.

You are correct. He may earn less than Zoe Ball now, who's pay has gone up by £1m FFS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, al_bro said:

You are correct. He may earn less than Zoe Ball now, who's pay has gone up by £1m FFS.


It’s obscene isn’t it - Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer get paid those vast amounts for literally sitting and talking about their greatest passion.

 

Vast amounts for doing what each and every fan does up and down the country in the boozer - a lot of it after slogging away for 40 plus hours a week for a pittance that just about pays the bills and leaves them a bit for the pint

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


Vast amounts for doing what each and every fan does up and down the country in the boozer - a lot of it after slogging away for 40 plus hours a week for a pittance that just about pays the bills and leaves them a bit for the pint

 

Yeah, but you wouldn't turn the box on to get Tom O'Dea's views on Palace v Leicester, would you?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

 

Yeah, but you wouldn't turn the box on to get Tom O'Dea's views on Palace v Leicester, would you?


I don’t turn it on for Gary’s on that - I haven’t watched “the shit games” that come on last since Latics were on the show! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


It’s obscene isn’t it - Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer get paid those vast amounts for literally sitting and talking about their greatest passion.

 

Vast amounts for doing what each and every fan does up and down the country in the boozer - a lot of it after slogging away for 40 plus hours a week for a pittance that just about pays the bills and leaves them a bit for the pint

 

Its the going rate for football pundits ITV Sky (which costs significantly more than the BBC) and BT all pay those kinds of salaries great work if you can get it. None of those channels had anything on Maccs demise either more interested in regurgitating the same old drivel.

 

I also quite like the BBC mainly for the type of people that they upset. Although granted whoever was responsible for commissioning Mrs Browns Boys onto the public should get in the sea 

 

Edited by GlossopLatic
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

See my earlier comment in reply to Big Dog.

 

Yeah, I read that - but it looked like you were really angry about something so I just left it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I also quite like the BBC mainly for the type of people that they upset.

 

I like the BBC too, I think it does a great job of offering a lot of different entertainment genres on the various platforms. It does seem to piss off a certain group of folk, and I have no idea why - however that's not why I like it.

 

On Sky, they've just got rid of Charlie Nicholas - thought that was a move long overdue, the others were okay though - Phil Thompson was probably one of the best in my opinion. They've got a great new team on there now, and it's probably reinforced Sky Soccer Saturday's hold on the Saturday afternoon teleprinter crown. Elsewhere I could listen to Micah Richdards and Roy Keane go back and forth all day long, great duo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I quite like the Banter between Keane and Richards. Elsewhere alot of pundits seem fairly generic as are alot of the discussions and few if any know about the world outside the premier league. I doubt any of them will discuss anything that has gone on at Macclesfield.

 

Recently I watched a few old episodes of Saint and Greavsie on youtube both seemed to understand the game and have a proper knowledge of what was going on outside the top flight doused with a good layer of banter and not taking the whole thing too seriously. Maybe it was me being nostalgic but it just seemed refreshing.

Edited by GlossopLatic
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...