Kilkenny coming home ?

I'm a fan of caution, but BF is right SW... you are in a glass-half-dead mood today!

IF we get KK it will be on our terms. We have seen players (Porter, Wellens, Greer) all go elsewhere becuase we've not been willing to break the bank to meet their demands, and there is no reason to think that TTA / Shez is suddenly going to change that now, for (as you say) a young lad on loan.

KtF matey! :)

if we bring him in it will be as he is in budget as Corney says... Shez said on friday he wants a LB and CM - thats it... feeling his cards have just been revealed in Boertien and Kilkenny....

What was it Shez said before the start of last season? As I remember, his philosophy was 'you can't have too many midfielders' or along those lines. So, working on that principle, Kilkenny (who would only arrive if we can afford him - remember Mr. Corney's statements re budget?) could go into a midfield of, say, Kalala - Kilkenny - Allott - Taylor (yes, I'm happy with carrot-top on the left) with McDonald, Wood, Liddell etc to come off the bench. Lidds can also go up front if needed, Gary Mac could start in place of Allott etc etc. What possibilities. What a supply line to Ricketts/Davies/Hughes and, yes, even Wolfy. Positively mouth watering.

If we throw Crossley & Boertien into the mix, we have a team that would be afraid of no-one in this division. If Boertien doesn't make it throuh his trial, I still have no real problem with Stam or Lomax filling in until a genuine left back comes along.

Ooh, I think I've just about picked a starting line up. :blink::omg:

What was it Shez said before the start of last season? As I remember, his philosophy was 'you can't have too many midfielders' or along those lines. So, working on that principle, Kilkenny (who would only arrive if we can afford him - remember Mr. Corney's statements re budget?) could go into a midfield of, say, Kalala - Kilkenny - Allott - Taylor (yes, I'm happy with carrot-top on the left) with McDonald, Wood, Liddell etc to come off the bench. Lidds can also go up front if needed, Gary Mac could start in place of Allott etc etc. What possibilities. What a supply line to Ricketts/Davies/Hughes and, yes, even Wolfy. Positively mouth watering.

If we throw Crossley & Boertien into the mix, we have a team that would be afraid of no-one in this division. If Boertien doesn't make it throuh his trial, I still have no real problem with Stam or Lomax filling in until a genuine left back comes along.

Ooh, I think I've just about picked a starting line up. :blink::omg:

Absolutely spot on....

Midfield of: Taylor, Allott, Kalala, Kilkenny. Now that, my friends is promotion material. Rock solid in the centre, with Pace, trickery and the ability to interchange out wide... Lids and Macca providing a great opion if needed... you also forget that Lids played on the left under the Moore-on ....

Cannot wait for this season!

Guest sheridans_world
I'm a fan of caution, but BF is right SW... you are in a glass-half-dead mood today!

IF we get KK it will be on our terms. We have seen players (Porter, Wellens, Greer) all go elsewhere becuase we've not been willing to break the bank to meet their demands, and there is no reason to think that TTA / Shez is suddenly going to change that now, for (as you say) a young lad on loan.

KtF matey! :)

We'll see, everyone here knows i will cheer any player with a latics shirt on, unless they dont prove themselves.

Roll on August 11th!

Absolutely spot on....

Midfield of: Taylor, Allott, Kalala, Kilkenny. Now that, my friends is promotion material. Rock solid in the centre, with Pace, trickery and the ability to interchange out wide... Lids and Macca providing a great opion if needed... you also forget that Lids played on the left under the Moore-on ....

Cannot wait for this season!

Neither Kalaa, Kilkenny or Allot are wingers though, all can do a good job in the centre of midfield but out wide they will not be as effective. Taylors balls into the box aren't always that good. 9 times out of ten Liddells crosses are spot on and with Rickets in the box we have someone who will thrive on good balls being played in

Taylors balls into the box aren't always that good. 9 times out of ten Liddells crosses are spot on and with Rickets in the box we have someone who will thrive on good balls being played in

That's the point BF and I were making - it's the options it gives us. Even if Lidds doesn't start, (and he may well, who knows?) he's available to change things about. Chrissy T can switch wings at will. Let's not also forget how Neal Eardley is improving. His overlap play is excellent and he's no numpty with crosses either. A marauding left back as well, whether it's Boertien or not, and there's your supply line with back up. :OASISscarf:

I Dont No If This Has Alredi been Mentioned But I Have Herd from a good Source that he Is a Bad Influence In The dressing Room

On The Outside Of The dressing Room I Would Gladly Like to see Him mIn A oldham Shirt

(Just Wish Croft Was Aswell)

I Am Sure Shezza Will Sort Him Out

Cant Wait 4 The start Of The Season

LP