Song when we score? Your ideas

We do seriously need a unique song for us to sing when we score, its always impressive when you hear the likes of Blackpool with 'glad all over' and Forest with ' Lost that loving feeling'? is it....anyways anyone willing to put forward ideas to the club so they could set up a vote??

Post you ideas below and we'll see were this goes .....

Post you ideas below and we'll see were this goes .....

Never heard this song before but can imagine it would sound pretty good as someone posted before a catchy easy tune...Plus you can bounce around like the idiots in the video...

Edited by Blue_Guru

know what you mean! it sounds top and can remember how gutted i felt at QPR in the playoffs when the whole ground was singin that song (cant remember the name!) and same at forest!! got to be the right song for us though or else it will just sound bobbins!!

know what you mean! it sounds top and can remember how gutted i felt at QPR in the playoffs when the whole ground was singin that song (cant remember the name!) and same at forest!! got to be the right song for us though or else it will just sound bobbins!!

Tried to block that memory out! Was it pigbag?

I stand corrected..... this version of Guns of N was by the specials, I think I may start this one going in the paddock this year. Party all time NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought your favourite song in the Paddock was gonna be Rhianna and Umbrella...???

or is that just what you will need... :grin:

Edited by BigfinLatic

In reference to mouldy old dough You cant really sing to it can you thats my only grumble with it. I just think the songs all bar wigans 'you are my starshine' or whatever it was sound good when the whole crowd sing. It just rubs the salt in a little deeper when you score. I for one always remember goals based on this,

1) Cardiffs welsh national anthem -

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zYnhDrVEZA

2) Blackpool glad all over -

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtiwmZ9pq64

3) Forest Lost that loving feeling -

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUb3gdo6sjA

I think they sound impressive just gotta make sure its an easy song that can be chanted nothing too complicated...

Edited by Blue_Guru

I like Boys in Blue.

I think we should blast this out just before kick off each game as the players have come out and are waiting for Kick off, for all to sing along too, just like Wolves do (HiHo) West Ham (Bubbles) Chelsea(Blueisthecolour) Leeds etc

Id go for Guns Of Navarone to be played after a goal, but i definately agree we should play Boys In Blue just before K.O. and have a good sing-a-long, it only seems to get played when were trooping out after the match at the moment

Never heard this song before but can imagine it would sound pretty good as someone posted before a catchy easy tune...Plus you can bounce around like the idiots in the video...

This is an absolute classic :D:D:D:D:D , i'm with you Blue Guru, The Specials bring back soooooo many top memories. It's simple and catchy.

Someone get in touch with Franny at the club and make sure Tics make this THEIR goal celebration song before some other team nicks it.

This is an absolute classic :D:D:D:D:D , i'm with you Blue Guru, The Specials bring back soooooo many top memories. It's simple and catchy.

Someone get in touch with Franny at the club and make sure Tics make this THEIR goal celebration song before some other team nicks it.

i was gonna suggest contacting the club, but maybe have a vote on here first to determine the favourite?

If we're going to go for something like 'Guns of Navarone' maybe 'Here Comes Your Man' by the Pixies would be a good choice as well. Easy riff for people to join into so fits into that category. Personally I would prefer if all teams just dropped the songs and we all just celebrated like the 'old days' but if we must have a tune I guess we might as well be original.

Edit: Just to add to that whilst i'm thinking about Pixies songs maybe 'U-Mass' would be good as well. Not really one to sing along to but it would sound cool when it kicked in everytime we score and people could clap along. Thinking about it actually singing along to it would probably work as well just to the guitar riff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GthrebK0Vak

No idea what is going on in this vid but I just found it for the song....

Liquidator is on my pre-game playlist on the ipod, to many other clubs use it ie; Chelsea, Yeovil etc . Can't say i actually ever hear or listen to the music when we score....

Best PA at a ground ... Warrington Wolves, they play music not only after scores, but things like 'I thought the law' when oppo players get sent off, pea-take songs when the oppo teams run out, don't know how they get awqy with it but funny!!!

I like Boys in Blue.

I think we should blast this out just before kick off each game as the players have come out and are waiting for Kick off, for all to sing along too.

It's usually played on Latics World before live commentaries, so why not as the lads run out.

How about Tina Turner's "Simply The Best" or "Hi Ho Silver Lining" when we score.

Whatever we choose, get plenty of copies made, 'cos we're gonna wear 'em out in no time.

:bounce::bblue2:

Programme Editor, Gordon Lawton, has his own views on the debate.

He feels that the lads should run out to the non-vocal version of 'Jump' by Van Halen, and says that 'Another One Bites The Dust' by Queen should blare out after the lads find the back of the net.

A good enough reason to throw the vote open to the fans if one were needed.