Song when we score? Your ideas

I would dearly love to hear either "Wake Up" by the Arcade Fire, or "I Am The Resurrection" by the Stone Roses as the players approach the pitch. They're both pitch perfect as a) being :censored: great songs and B) slow-buildups which are sure to get the crowd going.

So, slow build-up songs for pre-match.

And for scoring a goal... something punchy and distinctive like "Move on Up" by Curtis Mayfield, "Louie Louie" by the Kingsmen, "Standing In The Way Of Control" by The Gossip, or "Blue Orchid" by the White Stripes. Especially the last one as it has such an infectious and distinctive opening riff. And it has Blue in the title!

Edited by Inspiral_Carpet
Bad language

I've voted for 'Guns of Navarone' even though I've never heard of it before It's a quality song to be played after we score. Especially as it's unique compared to the usual rubbish they play! As for coming out 'Welcome to the jungle' is good, at Salford City Reds they have a war siren playing over the speakers then 'Ignito' the club mascot runs out with a flare- Looks good and is a great entrance! Didn't we argue about the entrance music last year and ended up with Fanfare?

I would dearly love to hear either "Wake Up" by the Arcade Fire, or "I Am The Resurrection" by the Stone Roses as the players approach the pitch. They're both pitch perfect as a) being :censored: great songs and B) slow-buildups which are sure to get the crowd going.

And for scoring a goal... something punchy and distinctive like "Move on Up" by Curtis Mayfield, "Louie Louie" by the Kingsmen, "Standing In The Way Of Control" by The Gossip, or "Blue Orchid" by the White Stripes. Especially the last one as it has such an infectious and distinctive opening riff. And it has Blue in the title!

Some great ideas there FMS. Louie Louie would be class, easy to sing to and very catchy. Move on up would be a good one as well especially with that opening line 'Hush now child, and don't cry'. That has to rub the salt in! I don't understand what all the fuss is over 'Guns of Navarone', I think it's a terrible song in all honesty. I get the feeling people are being pulled along by the crowd.

i dont know what its called but its the tune used at boro and when ever iv gone there it always gets all the fans going and gives such an atmos its the only song on hear http://www.myspace.com/middlesbroughfootball

Yea QPR also have that...dont you remember when we lost in the playoffs sang it for about 20 minutes! In my opinion pigbag aint original enough...

I like your thinking, if not "I am The Resurrection" how about "This is the one" or would that be copying Man Utd?

Any of them get my vote.

Love Spreads by The Roses and Chemical Brothers-Song to the Siren, would be good tunes for the players to come out onto the pitch

Edited by Butter