Rochdale scoreline

Guest oa_exile
Any news on the game so far? Are we playing well?

As i said game is a bit slow ! , Newbies : Wright is doing OK and Ricketts look's a bit "Rusty".

As i said game is a bit slow ! , Newbies : Wright is doing OK and Ricketts look's a bit "Rusty".

i do hope that isnt a racist comment,hahahah

always tentative affairs these games,second half we will be all over them like a cheap suit

Guest oa_exile
Not the best game 'mighty Atom' Wardle just told me ..... saving it for Thursday I hope after I'm making the 840 mile round trip

Well after the Barrow game that makes it "Not the best game and a half" ..........as you say Mark room for improvement but that is what friendlies are all about.

Well after the Barrow game that makes it "Not the best game and a half" ..........as you say Mark room for improvement but that is what friendlies are all about.

As is always said... the opposition brings you down to thier level....

Rochdale - Pub team in stripes....

:wink:

Guest oa_exile
Shocking I know. I blame my sources!

OS "Ricketts looks lively up front" , my source "Ricketts look's a bit Rusty". :unsure:

<_< Someone isnt telling the truth :o

losing 2-1 i hear

OK we lost but the scoreline doesn't tell the

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

story. We played some good stuff and Ricketts on that showing may prove to be a very astute signing. Kalala, Thompson, Crossley, Allott and Davies all impressed too. It was only when Ricketts and Davies exited and the three young lads came on that we stopped holding the ball up front and imo a goal was probbly inevitable, even then god only knows how Macca missed that free header from 3 yards out!

Crossley - Looked hesitant on crosses but one brilliant save and very good kicking

Lomax - Steady

Gregan - Loooked very rusty, good in the air but passing way off

Thompson - Classy, good in the air, good on the deck with a slight turn of pace

Wright - Tidy player, hardly wasted a ball, good crosser - worth a 12 month deal imo

Liddell - DId what he does

Kalala - Everywhere, very busy player

Allott - Tidy passing, ok some go astray but keeps it simple. Shooting hasn't improved!

Taylor - Looked rusty, but will get sharper. Couple of good runs

Ricketts - Hope Senor was watching that, a class apart. Great touch, ,chased lost causes and almost a couple of assists. Maybe would've had a brace if he'd been greedier.

Davies - Warneyesque, in the way he chased everything. Hell of a shot on him. Could be a class signing - real promise.

Subs: Macca - Only the second outing of Pre-Season I know but needs to improve and quickly. Looked powder-puff and missed a real sitter, perhaps he knows he isn't first choice.

Eardley - Usual steady self

Stam - Looked rustiest of the lot, Dale's forwards rang rings round him. Clumsy challenges culminated in him conceding a pen and diving in along with Thompson led to the winner. But bearing in mind just how little football he has played since November, the sharpness and class will return. Scored from a corner.

Smalley - Initially looked good out wide. Faded when Ricketts and Davies went off.

Wolfy - Looked a handful

Alessandra - One real guilt end chance. Bit of a rabbit trapped in headlights moment.

All in all Shez in the way he used his subs treated the game as three matches of 30 minutes. The first two thirds were very good, the final third not so. However, the sharness will come and the from what has been on show tonight we can all be encouraged.

Lost 2-1...

It wasnt a great performance but there were afew bright spots....thought Davies played well, he and Rickets linked well. Ricketts was alright, his first game in quite a while people need to remember. Lomax was awful for me..We looked reallu dangerous after our goal and i think if the front two had stayed on wed have probably won, but its only a friendly and the kids needed a chance....was quite funny to see Kalala and Thompson come back on..

Was a good atmosphere today with a cracking following....with a couple getting chucked out and a fan running the pitch.

why were people abusin him it was funny :S. the police were totally OTT throwin people in our top corner out for standin up absolute disgrace specially as most were youngsters aswell it was only a pre season friendly ffs. impressed with the fans and the players werent too bad.

Quite an enjoyable game, despite the result. :)

I thought Liddell looked very lively when he was on. Looked to have lost some weight over the summer. But then I'm not one of those who gets on his back anyway... Ricketts DID look rusty, but got better. Still carrying a bit of excess weight, but very promising at this level. Davies looked good, as has been said already. Wright seemed to do OK, but he is VERY small! Our movement and possession was excellent at times, although the game seemed to die out a bit in the middle of both halves.

Rochdale seemed to play as they will start the season - tonight was their 4th pre-season game, so they should be better prepared than we are at this stage. I think we have PLENTY to be optimistic about for the coming season! :D

The policing was a disgrace. Even more so if they don't charge the knob who ran onto the pitch. :angry:

Edited by Luke Becketts Anchor