Just back from Clyde

Derek i presume the Deano you are referring to is Dean Holden not some random latics fan that people off here know? Good to hear him and Will was up there, they in the crowd with the other tics?

Good pics Maddog :)

Ainkoo! Have decided action shots are not my forté, so have decided to try stationary shots instead.

It was Dean Holden. I didn't see him, but Will was just sitting in the stands with a young boy (nephew / brother?) a block back from us.

I never thought it was likely that at an away friendly there would be singing, standing ovations, players clapping the fans on the way off, etc etc.

What a good do! :)

Ainkoo! Have decided action shots are not my forté, so have decided to try stationary shots instead.

It was Dean Holden. I didn't see him, but Will was just sitting in the stands with a young boy (nephew / brother?) a block back from us.

I never thought it was likely that at an away friendly there would be singing, standing ovations, players clapping the fans on the way off, etc etc.

Top stuff MD. Is it me or is Mark Crossley looking quite svelt?

I agree Rocky .. very good flags, not a great tubby face though i must try harder with the diet (Magdog you shouldn't have posted the pic lol)

Quick take on the players

Crossley, was and still a little worried but came out well to block one shot and force another wide. Not regular player for a few years so needs a little time and all will be well

Lomax - start him a left back shez .... steady and much more to come. although I do understand the need for a experience LFB but i like him

Eardley - needed a rest and looks good for it, steady and some excellant through balls

Gregan - still waiting to see him find the form he had when joined. Obvious choice at captain ... do not get in the way of one of his headers they are like rockets

Thompson - indifferent start so far but after the past 12 months he as had I expect his confidence still needs building. No doubt he WILL come good.

Allott - fantastic start and will so have the doubters loving him. Show the touches and strong tackling he made against us twice last year when he was one of the stand put players. When Clyde did break free he stopped them dead with a couple of crunchers

Kalala - together with Allott they will make one of the best (if not the) central midfield partnersships in the league. Moved forward in support very well. His pooest game so far i believe

Davies - fantastic!!! ran well onto some excellant through-balls (pick of which came from Gregan) and 9/10 he left defenders for dead the other occasions when the defenders got the ball he forced corners / throw-in or errors. Made / took his goal well.

Ricketts - is there anyone bigger thn this guy in Div 1?? and I don't mean fat. If he produces only 60% of what got him into the England team he will one of the best sginings .. one full flow he will scare the hell out of defenders. What he also brings is an excellant awareness of the game, several occasions when he had the ball he pointed to Taylor were he wanted him and created chances for others.

Lidds - unfortunately the weak link of the team now. No doubting his crosses, worried that his pace will find him out just like towards the end of the season .

Taylor - BLONDE??? Still much to learn but again will benifit from a rest and playing behind the experience of Ricketts and Hughes.

Stam - again like the other two center halves needs to find his form after a injury hit season. Can cover FB

Young guns - the three boys up front bring great joy when I think of the future of Latics ..... we will see one / two of the young 'uns taking regular starting places this year much like Eardley / Taylor last year

There is some concern that we are missing a creative midfielder ... but looking at the style Shez is trying to play we don't need one. Davies / Ricketts sweep wide onto through balls on many occasions which brought up the midfield support and the wingers in which created many chances. To many times last year Wellens demanded the ball back and play slowed allowing defenders to re-group behind the ball. This year everyone is looking to creating the chances .... with Hughes to come and a few players to find their feet things are looking very good

Have decided action shots are not my forté, so have decided to try stationary shots instead.

maddog, I was wrong to believe others who criticised your photographic skills. These pics are excellent and have captured not only the match and the OWTB attendees, but also the journey to :Scotland: . Well done! :applause1: Also I don't think I've ever seen a better picture of furry dice!! :grin:

It was good to hear such positive comments about the players and the odd rickett :wink: by a player here and there was hardly commented on (apart from the *comedy of errors for the Clyde goals). Allott is determined to do his best to lead by example and his efforts were appreciated by everyone.

* Will Haining must have been surprised that Shez seems to have found a replacement 'Chuckle Brother' so easily! :jester::clown:

The singing proved that a lot more work needs to be done on the der, der, dering of The Guns of Navarone for the goal celebration. :disappointed::shy: Colin Hendry's acknowledgement of the "No nay never" chant, and his explaining of it to those in his dugout was worth the trip - priceless! :laught16:

For those who got lost walking through Cumbernauld looking for Clyde's stadium, tune in to BBC2 at 10.30pm tonight to retrace your steps in the film Gregory's Girl, filmed in Cumbernauld in 1981. :mmm:

Even if you didn't go to Clyde and you've never seen the film, it's worth watching. It's a story of boys, who are keen on fiootball and girls, coming of age. It stars John Gordon Sinclair, Dee Hepburn and Clare Grogan. Grogan's role helped promote her career, as she was in the band Altered Images at the time of the film's release. Veteran comedian Chic Murray plays the school's laconic headmaster.