Kilkenny signs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats everyones pairing for the middle then?

At the moment wouldnt mind KK and Kalala.....battles well Kalala (essien!!), think hes compliment KK well.

Great signing that is. And as of moment i agree with the KK/Kalala pairing but i cant see us stumping up a fee for allott for him to sit on the bench.

Im sure shez will have a play about with the pairings in upcoming friendlies!

Fantastic signing if he's has good as last time.

Well done TTA because I bet he hasn't come cheap. Would have liked to have secured him for the full season but hopefully that might follow if we are near the top come Christmas.

Fantastic news, this is a real capture for us. We have now replaced Wellens with a better player who will add guile and craft to the midfield and can score a few as well. Really excited about this it could be the final piece of the jigsaw.Hopefully we will sort out the left back spot this week too.I reckon we have class and experience in every area of the team now. Could be a cracker of a season.

Robert

I'm pleased, but not creaming my pants. We don't know how good he is these days but I think there will be games where we'd be better suited to two solid players. For this to be a really great signing, I'd be thinking that we weren't playing a 4 in midfield. Either way, McDonald looks some way down the order. That said, if KK adds some goalscoring to our midfield it won't go amiss.

I'm pleased, but not creaming my pants. We don't know how good he is these days but I think there will be games where we'd be better suited to two solid players. For this to be a really great signing, I'd be thinking that we weren't playing a 4 in midfield. Either way, McDonald looks some way down the order. That said, if KK adds some goalscoring to our midfield it won't go amiss.

All the noises from Shez is that he intends to play 4 in midfield, at least at the start of the season. Its also an option to have KK play on the right and give Liddell a breather every now and again.

I've just seen his picture on the main site and to be fair he looks like he's been taking his pies and creatine. If he's got a bit of muscle to throw around he could be a different proposition to the player we had, who I thought was a luxury at times after his initial amazing start. Time will tell! Only thing we need now is the man who can get the best out of him. BBBT!!!

Agree with Butter that I think this pretty much means the end of Neil Wood.

Pecking order goes from what i've seen.

Kilkenny > JP Kalala > Allott > McDonald

Not a bad bunch of centre mid's at this level. More than necessary strength in depth for the middle.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

To be honest unless Birmingham have some rotten injury look they could very well let us have him for the season. They are newly promoted to the Premiership, they have brough in loads of players, Ghaly today.

Neil Danns

Hossam Ghaly

Sebastian Larsson

Fabrice Muamba

Patrick Kavanagh

Mehdi Nafti

Damien Johnson

Mathew Birley

If they have allowed him to go out on loan then he is clearly surplus to requirements this season (as they'll want proven Premiership talent to re-establish themselves in the Prem) and I don't see how that would change in January unless they had serious injury problems. They'll probably want him back next season to nurture him more into the Premiership game, they don't want to take that risk this season though.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies