Stuff about that transfer thingy

Tonight's rarely wrong Chron says :

Chief executive Alan Hardy said: “We’d like to get the whole thing finalised before the game against Macclesfield because this is our last pre-season friendly. Ideally Neil will be available to play, but I need to keep in touch with Birmingham and check their situation with Ghaly’s work permit.”

I was just out in the car listening to 5 Live and they made reference to the on/off transfer saga of the summer reaching a resolution this afternoon. I was getting all excited then it turned out to be about some gezzer called Tevez signing for Manure :grin:

Now the heading of this thread has been changed from dodgy deal, there will be no confusion with the Tevez deal. :grin:

Bruce has already decided he needs a new midfield player and the Blues Board have shown they are prepared to splash the cash. Maybe with the new investment, he is aiming his sights higher than Ghaly? I am sure he will bring someone in shortly and I'd be surprised if it affects our Loan signing of KK.

I'm just not having it that the loaning of a player to a third division side from a Premiership one could be screwed up by them pulling out of a signing. They plainly don't think Kilkenny is close to good enough at the moment, not getting Ghaly in isn't going to change that.

The official site has not posted the news about the squad for Macclesfield, so they must be waiting for the Kilkenny loan to be finalised, before naming the squad. No news is good news at the moment.....I hope! :peepwall:

It's dead mate that's from official texts. I was so confident too after the lad in the shop told me he'd collected his training gear and stuff. Buggar :mad:

Oh well, move on. Next target please!

I thought it had all dragged on too long at first - that we would never sign him. Now after this latest set-back, is it worth pursuing our interest when Bruce clearly isn't keen on sending him here? Maybe we'd be better off looking elsewhere? Also for someone who'll be here for longer than 6months?

I feel that if Kilkenny IS a revelation (if he arrives, that is) he'll just clear off in January, leaving us high and dry at the most crucial time of the season.

Maybe I'm just too pessimistic?

Keep the Faith

Edited by seasidelatic