Has anyone on here?

Yes I have. It was in 1982 or 1983 ??? We played carlisle in front of about 3500 spectators.

My favourite player was Darren Mcdonough. I had my photo took with him, which is framed

and next to my one with Roger palmer at his testimonial.

My mate was mascot away at Huddersfield when we lost 5-4 that must have been mid 80s.

He missed 2 goals as it was 1-1 before he got changed!!!!!!

We were in the junior latics and they used to draw your name out at the meetings !!!!!!.

I were the mascot for an f.a cup tie against mansfield which i think we drew 2-2 then beat them at there place. Also if it counts, ive also been a mascot in a scottish fa cup tie for airdrie utd and it may have been against clyde, not to sure as it was at clyde but they did a groundshare for a while :) i wonder if im the first to do both fa cups???

i started watching latics in 1977 and those days up to about 1980 or so there used to be only one mascot that was a lad called micheal docherty, not usre why it changed but then they started drawing out names at junior latics, i never gone drawn out

ps for lieutenant pigeon dont use being 13 as an excuse! it s like your dad being to old to have ever got the chance

no excuse

Exeter Vs Oldham 1st August 1997, I remember actually seeing Colin smile (photo to prove it), being refused an autograph by Andy Ritchie jokingly, Dux being a top bloke and Lee Sinnott smoking numerous fags while talking to my dad. Best memory was when I was shooting weakly against Gary Kelly in the warm up when he said "C'mon, shoot properly lad!" So I blasted my last five shots past him which properly jinxed him because less than a minute into the match he was picking the ball out of the net! We won 3-1 in the end with McCarthy scoring and Barlow getting a brace so all smiles! :)

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

If you really have nothing better to do,i think the picture was in the next home programme in the league,or it may have been the reply......I don't do lofts after 9pm....

But if i remember i haven't changed a bit,and Denis Irwin even smiled on the photo..............With a 13 year old boy :unsure:

.... probally haven't got it, when you mentioned the game it rang a bell as I came across this programme whilst having a little tidy up at the w/e

Someone will have it............... :exile:

Was mascot against AFC Bournmouth in the league in the Littlewoods cup season. Won 4 nil. Have a camcorder video of me kicking the ball around with rick holden before the match. Fantastic day. The atmosphere of the players and big joe in the changing room was brilliant too (not suprisingly having already got to wembley). Still have all the autographs somewhere.

Burnley at home August 1994 just after we'd been relegated from the Prem,

One of the most memorable days of my life, won 3-0 Stitch got 2 and Super Sean (or Super Sean got 2 and Stitch 1, cant remember!!) it was the day Super Sean did a cartwheel in front of the Burnley fans and gave them the finger - good man!!

I couldnt decide on my favourite player so had my photo with Rick Holden and Super Sean (what was I thinking) picture was taken in the dressing room and to this day there is a mystery third leg between tricky Ricky's, to this day I have no idea who it belonged too - scary! It may have even been Rick's, it's a mystery!!!

Burnley at home August 1994 just after we'd been relegated from the Prem,

One of the most memorable days of my life, won 3-0 Stitch got 2 and Super Sean (or Super Sean got 2 and Stitch 1, cant remember!!) it was the day Super Sean did a cartwheel in front of the Burnley fans and gave them the finger - good man!!

I couldnt decide on my favourite player so had my photo with Rick Holden and Super Sean (what was I thinking) picture was taken in the dressing room and to this day there is a mystery third leg between tricky Ricky's, to this day I have no idea who it belonged too - scary! It may have even been Rick's, it's a mystery!!!

When you say "mystery third leg" ahem, no lets not go there eh? Tbh I never noticed it and it were on display at yer Grans for long enough, along with the one of noddy being mascot at York. I think I can very easily lay me hands on that picture Mac though so I'll check it out.

Mighty Bosh, that Exeter game was it a pre season friendly on a Friday night? We played Torquay earlier in the week part of Colins South West tour. There was about 20 Latics fans there.

Edited by StipeTripe

i started watching latics in 1977 and those days up to about 1980 or so there used to be only one mascot that was a lad called micheal docherty, not usre why it changed but then they started drawing out names at junior latics, i never gone drawn out

ps for lieutenant pigeon dont use being 13 as an excuse! it s like your dad being to old to have ever got the chance

no excuse

Out Of Order Mr Headband Out Of Order :mad:

Never got the chance to be a mascot when i was younger for some reason, but im making up for it now :grin:

You wouldnt beleive the looks i get at away games when you pull into the carpark and we say "Oldham mascot mate, where do i go?".

The amount of people that have said something along the lines of "Your a bit big for a mascot" with a blank look on their face like you get from the missus when you try to explain the offside rule.

My little lad will be available to be mascot next season when he goes from chaddy's gang to Boundary blues. I cant wait, hopefully he will get a go. Just a shame i wont be able to help him on the day as i will be "working". :blush: