Kilkenny Signs For Latics

Bugger, just beaten to this.

Good news I think. Wasnt bothered if we got him or not but its certainly a good bit of business.

It's a huge signing, I don't want to act as if it's a one man squad because it certainly isn't but he could be the difference between automatic and playoffs.

It's a pity the rarely wrong Chron goes to Press so early. Lots of Oldhamers will be oblivious about the signing of Kilkenny and Giddings until they read the match report on Monday. :angry:

We should all put round the word tonight to as many people as possible - 8 players with international experience in tomorrow's new-look Latics' squad! Try to drum up more support to take on the estimated 1,500 Welsh voice choir. :grin:

It's a pity the rarely wrong Chron goes to Press so early. Lots of Oldhamers will be oblivious about the signing of Kilkenny and Giddings until they read the match report on Monday. :angry:

We should all put round the word tonight to as many people as possible - 8 players with international experience in tomorrow's new-look Latics' squad! Try to drum up more support to take on the estimated 1,500 Welsh voice choir. :grin:

The ones who actually give a crap about the club will know today or tomorrow.

Also, I doubt many people who don't support Oldham know or care about Neil Kilkenny. He's hardly Wayne Rooney or Stephen Gerrard is he? They won't come to watch Oldham based on the grounds that there is a Birmingham reserve playing for us.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

The ones who actually give a crap about the club will know today or tomorrow.

Also, I doubt many people who don't support Oldham know or care about Neil Kilkenny. He's hardly Wayne Rooney or Stephen Gerrard is he? They won't come to watch Oldham based on the grounds that there is a Birmingham reserve playing for us.

A lot of casuals came to watch us beat Citeh in the Cup. Wasn't Kilkenny playing then?

Kilkenny signing isnt going to affect attendances. The Chron telling the Oldham public isnt going to put anymore bums on seats than a dozen latics dragging a mate down.

However, he does affect the squad. Dramatically. It was always going to be a case of when, not if. I dont think any of us would have thought it could come at a better time. The opening day of the season which can be a bit of a lull.

Kid on christmas eve waiting to open his presents. Why cant it be saturday already??

A lot of casuals came to watch us beat Citeh in the Cup. Wasn't Kilkenny playing then?

You're not really trying to imply Kilkenny was the reason so many fans turned up to that game and not the fact we were playing local Premiership opposition? Who were fielding the likes of Shaun Wright Phillips and David James, also if you remember there were City fans in all stands, one of the reasons Latics sold out there lot of tickets was because City fans who missed out on away stand tickets just jumped in with the Latics lot.

Kilkenny signing isnt going to affect attendances. The Chron telling the Oldham public isnt going to put anymore bums on seats than a dozen latics dragging a mate down.

However, he does affect the squad. Dramatically. It was always going to be a case of when, not if. I dont think any of us would have thought it could come at a better time. The opening day of the season which can be a bit of a lull.

Kid on christmas eve waiting to open his presents. Why cant it be saturday already??

Excitement is infectious - spread yours to those who normally stay away. If everyone gets one other person to come along to BP to see this new squad - Voila! An attendance of over 10,000 and the Club becomes viable. :pray:

You're not really trying to imply Kilkenny was the reason so many fans turned up to that game and not the fact we were playing local Premiership opposition? Who were fielding the likes of Shaun Wright Phillips and David James, also if you remember there were City fans in all stands, one of the reasons Latics sold out there lot of tickets was because City fans who missed out on away stand tickets just jumped in with the Latics lot.

No, what I'm implying is that we can remind those who stay away from BP that we've got that lad back who helped us to beat Citeh in the Cup. The penny might drop with sufficient to get them off their arses and down to watch the boys in blue! :pray: