It was an interesting day to say the least. Should be a cracker of an atmosphere Sat though .. catching the train at Euston at 7am then I'm expected at my sisters 'formal' birthday party at 8pm ..... yeh I can see I won't be a little drunk!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dan you cant of been far from me on saturday then i to am horse as i am after most games and know exactley what you mean about peaple not joining in with songs had one old duffer started having a go at my daughter and her friend who were sat behind him for singing he realy enjoyed it when my 79 yo dad joined in he was sat next to him lol

From what I have seen and heard the NSM Paddock is the new chaddy for noise.

And you know it.

Like Mark has said. His first game into that section and he liked it because everyone joined in.

Only once have I been told to sit down in there by another 'Latics' fan. That was in the cup against Wolves last season, when the day trippers made their outing hoping for an upset. I just simply replied. "you dont come in here often do you?" - Chuckles from the regulars and within ten minute's they were off. Even the stewards realise people in there only want to get behind the lads and after looking like they're trying to enforce the rules and throwing the customary one person out (you'll notice it's generally the same lad), by the time comes of the 2nd half. They've given up and dont bother you again.

The thing I like about the Paddock/Upper over the 'vocal section of the chaddy'. Is that no one in either the upper or paddock has a chip on their shoulder and thinks that only they can start the chants off. It doesnt matter who you are or how loud your voice is.

Those same 'characters' from the Chaddy have been at away games in recent seasons and think they are the only one's who can start songs off.

Everyone I know who's made the switch from the Chaddy has commented on it in the past for being one of their major gripes about the stand. It was evident when the Chaddy was closed last year in the JPT against Chesterfield. Snide and unnecessary look's and refusing to join in because it wasnt started by one of the usual chaddy suspects.

We sat on the half way line of the Main Upper tonight. The Chaddy drum. It was cringeworthy to listen too. You could see the lad from where I was sat and he was just hitting it with no thought seemingly going into what he was doing. I didnt like how he carried on throughout the entire duration of the chant - and it was every chant he was whacking away at. It drowned out the actual noise of the crowd singing and you could only really hear the faintest of squeaky voiced chanting. It reminded me of the songs you used to get on coaches to school trips. "everywhere we go........"

Get rid of the drum if it's like it was tonight every week. It doesnt help in the slightest. Whats the point in having a drum if it drowns everyone singing out. We may as well just have the entire Chaddy with fingers on lips and a thud from the drum for the duration of the game.

We sat on the half way line of the Main Upper tonight. The Chaddy drum. It was cringeworthy to listen too. You could see the lad from where I was sat and he was just hitting it with no thought seemingly going into what he was doing. I didnt like how he carried on throughout the entire duration of the chant - and it was every chant he was whacking away at. It drowned out the actual noise of the crowd singing and you could only really hear the faintest of squeaky voiced chanting. It reminded me of the songs you used to get on coaches to school trips. "everywhere we go........"

Get rid of the drum if it's like it was tonight every week. It doesnt help in the slightest. Whats the point in having a drum if it drowns everyone singing out. We may as well just have the entire Chaddy with fingers on lips and a thud from the drum for the duration of the game.

He must know that everyone thinks he's rubbish. Perhaps if people go up to him to tell him how good he is, he'll stop. Maybe everyone else should turn up with a drum, and he won't indulge in the mindless and absolutely incorrect thought that he is special. :angry:

.. you could only really hear the faintest of squeaky voiced chanting.

That would have been me - the only person singing KA-LA-LA to the Dickies' Banana Splits theme tune after the second goal. :blink:

I'm really impressed though that you could hear me from where you were sat on the half-way line of the Main Upper. :tongue1:

Agree that the drum is more detrimental than encouraging to the singers, as it limits the length of each chant. The drummer is worse than he was last season. We need to get back to the singers leading and keeping the monotonous chants going for ages!

By the way it was good to see the Stags' fans blinded by the sun at the start of the match - I bet they didn't expect to get a tan at Ice Station Zebra! Then it was the usual wind blowing the rain onto them in the second half. And people talk about us moving from the Chaddy into the uncomfortable climatic conditions of the RRE - my arse! (I understand that it's OK to say that).

Perhaps you could only hear squeaky chanting cos there were a lot of U12's in the Chaddy who got in for free, and as the home attendance was only about 2800 it was never going to be a cauldron of noise.

Personally I think all this sniping about which is the better area for singing is quite pointless and divisive, lets take it as read that from the Broadway paddock you can't hear the Chaddy, which by the by is true the other way around you seriously can't here the paddock, unless the top deck joins in and then only slightly.

We all sit where we want to sit to watch our team end of.

But the drummer is a bunch of arse.

Oh and Rocky, don't tar everyone with the same brush

Only once have I been told to sit down in there by another 'Latics' fan. That was in the cup against Wolves last season, when the day trippers made their outing hoping for an upset. I just simply replied. "you dont come in here often do you?"

If you'd have been stood in front of me Dad he'd would have asked you to sit down, on the basis that at 75 his legs aint what they used to be, getting up and down every two minutes isn't really an option, at Blackpool in the play off game he had to stand up for each half and was quite frankly knacked at the end of the game, sometimes them day trippers might just need a bit of consideration eh? Many times its possible to sit with a good view and stay seated, at Blackers and Wolves cos it was a sell out and was sit in the seat on your ticket it was different. Sweeping generalisations don't always work.

Perhaps you could only hear squeaky chanting cos there were a lot of U12's in the Chaddy who got in for free, and as the home attendance was only about 2800 it was never going to be a cauldron of noise.

Personally I think all this sniping about which is the better area for singing is quite pointless and divisive, lets take it as read that from the Broadway paddock you can't hear the Chaddy, which by the by is true the other way around you seriously can't here the paddock, unless the top deck joins in and then only slightly.

We all sit where we want to sit to watch our team end of.

But the drummer is a bunch of arse.

If you'd have been stood in front of me Dad he'd would have asked you to sit down, on the basis that at 75 his legs aint what they used to be, getting up and down every two minutes isn't really an option, at Blackpool in the play off game he had to stand up for each half and was quite frankly knacked at the end of the game, sometimes them day trippers might just need a bit of consideration eh? Many times its possible to sit with a good view and stay seated, at Blackers and Wolves cos it was a sell out and was sit in the seat on your ticket it was different. Sweeping generalisations don't always work.

I think sometimes you have to slowly educate people into the ways of attending at match at BP - if you're hostile to them, they're less likely to come back, and we need their dosh!

Sorry to cover this topic again, but.....

My main question is though, WHY HAS THE DRUMMER BOY MOVED????

On Saturday and yesterday his new seat appears to be about 7 rows in front of me, HELP!!!!

It's like that annoying alarm that doesn't shut up until you get out of bed to shut it up.

He has moved into the singing (esque) section of the Chaddy Road and he is as many people have already commented stiffling the singing/clapping atmosphere.

We don't need that tin drum, as S_W once said a long time back get a kettle drum and place at the back of the stand in a corner away from those who don't want to be near him.

I also saw last night; shock, horror, stop the press, no wonder drumming is bad, he let someone around him bang his drum!

Of course people need consideration and that's precisely what I did on the night and probably the sweeping generalisation wasnt needed. My major gripe with her and the numpty sat beside her was that by all rights, I wasnt even the person she should have been telling to sit down. I wasnt directly infront of them and at the most I was blocking a small fraction of the pitch from their eyesight. The corner flag near the Chaddy/NSM. They'd been moaning since they arrived about the rain, how the food wasnt much cop. How they were cold and how Latics "arent really that good are they?" - Victor Meldrew's at their finest. The types who really grate you with an opinion for everything when they clearly know absolute.........all.

I do take the time and effort to think of others. Blackpool in the playoffs springs to mind when I had a four year old kid sat behind me. I just asked his dad to switch places as he wouldnt of been able to see had we gone on the attack. Doesnt take 30 seconds. Even if it wasnt worth it in the end as the kid had to stand on a seat due to a pensioner at the front standing the entire game singing away. :grin:

Last night he was nothing but detrimental to the atmosphere, I feel. I wasn't sat in my usual seat *unimpressed face* - and was in fact futher away from him.

He was still a right royal pain in the behind, I don't think he's helping the crowd at all.

Give him his due, he does start the odd chant, but he's an awful timekeeper and it just drowns out most of the singing.

Can we just offer him a deal; a good kicking or leave his kneecaps be and get him to just join in with the singing?

The drummer at Blackpool has a proper drum, sits at the back of the stand and only gets the chants going. It's about time we got together and told this muppet to learn how to drum or pack it up.

The little blighter.(!)

A slightly miffed Latic.

Keep the Faith

Last night he was nothing but detrimental to the atmosphere, I feel. I wasn't sat in my usual seat *unimpressed face* - and was in fact futher away from him.

He was still a right royal pain in the behind, I don't think he's helping the crowd at all.

Give him his due, he does start the odd chant, but he's an awful timekeeper and it just drowns out most of the singing.

Can we just offer him a deal; a good kicking or leave his kneecaps be and get him to just join in with the singing?

The drummer at Blackpool has a proper drum, sits at the back of the stand and only gets the chants going. It's about time we got together and told this muppet to learn how to drum or pack it up.

The little blighter.(!)

A slightly miffed Latic.

Keep the Faith

Perhaps we could club together and pay for lessons, which will take place at the same time as games. Is there any word yet on how come he reckons he's special?

A gentle reminder to all, as this topic comes back to life, that we are not in the business of Witch Hunts.

Your opinion on the drumming and the drum is welcome, but please avoid any personal insults and comments.

Thank you,

The OWTB Team

Maybe he's omnipotent? :imnotworthy: (or just not a very good drummer)

Has it not been said to him that there's a lot of contention over his place in the crowd?

Maybe we don't need to lose a drum, just change how it's used. And it's style? Ala Blackpool (as much as that hurts to type).

Keep the Faith

A gentle reminder to all, as this topic comes back to life, that we are not in the business of Witch Hunts.

Your opinion on the drumming and the drum is welcome, but please avoid any personal insults and comments.

Thank you,

The OWTB Team

maybe we should get a petition going,drum or no drum.then hand it to the club.they might not actually know how the majority actually feel about the drum.ktf.

As long as we don't go on a waterslide down the table coz that would drive me ape. Some people stand there like we are on the eve of destruction but we should all worship our players and send them fan mail every day so there heads are so big they have to walk like an egg.

Got to agree with most on this post, the drummer has to go!

Slightly annoying last season when he was nowhere near me but now he has moved he is not helping the singing in that part of the Chaddy End one bit, cant hear owt with that bloody drum!!! :angry:

All the people in the Chaddy who hate the drummer you all know what to do : join the Paddock! I was in the Chaddy last night and it just reminded me why I moved (I know it was a crap game to judge it) but I've enjoyed the game more since Ive been in there. Only question is now, Is there enough spaces for people to join us?

:laught16:

maybe a curb job would help she?..or skint in the mental ward-i'll take him there in pagoda with tricia toyota..shes a hunchback y'know!

...i've got a splittin hedachi now...a bloody gigantor one.

eep opp ork uh uh

:lol:

I was Stuck - Stuck in a pagoda with Tricia Toyota!

I'm Stuck - We were watching Abe Vigoda then every thing will be fine!

Har-Har!

Sorry, back to topic...