I think the fishal site needs a new editor

SHEZ REFLECTS ON MANSFIELD WIN

Posted on: Wed 15 Aug 2007

John Sheridan was left pleased after his side recorded their second consecutive win last night.

Mansfield arrived in the first round of the Carling Cup, and were comprehensive dispatched by four goals to one.

Neil Kilkenny and JP Kalala both struck in the first half to give the hosts a comfortable lead at the break.

John Mullins' goal gave the hosts a scare before they drew ahead with two late goals through Deane Smalley and JP Kalala to give the scoreline a more dominant edge.

Indeed, Sheridan felt his side were good value for the win in the end:

"At the end of the day we were comfortable winners of the game," he explained.

"They had a chance in the first five minutes and we could have found ourselves a goal down, but then we took control and it looked game over at 2-0 at half time.

"I told the lads to make sure we didn't get sloppy as the next goal was important -- if we score it then it's over, but if they score then it's game on.

"We were a bit slow in the second half and didn't take control as we should have done -- we could have made it a lot more difficult for them.

"Then Mansfield scored and you felt they had a little chance to get back into it, but luckily we had the chances to seal the game.

"To get four goals in the end was good for us and will boost confidence."

Latics have now won each of their opening two senior games of the 2007/08 season, although Sheridan freely admits he has not been happy with all aspects of his side's displays.

However it's six points nonetheless, and Shez isn't overly concerned about his side adopting a habit which is a hallmark of many top sides.

Indeed, he is expecting his outfit to progress further as the season unfolds:

He said: "If you're winning games you get in that habit, no matter how you win them.

"Lots of teams who have been very successful have won games when playin poorly or not to their maximum level.

"If we can keep doing that then I know we will improve and hopefully win a lot more games."

Call me pedantic but they are getting as bad as the rarely wrong chron, these mistakes are becoming more and more common.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Beeb and Murdock Money Sky don't care about Lower League Football and regular get their facts wrong. I would hate to hazard a guess about how many mistakes occur every week for the lower league games/fixtures.

But the fishal site!?! that is appalling, you would of have thought they know what the score is or how many points are on the board and what type of competitive games are played.

The Beeb and Murdock Money Sky don't care about Lower League Football and regular get their facts wrong. I would hate to hazard a guess about how many mistakes occur every week for the lower league games/fixtures.

But the fishal site!?! that is appalling, you would of have thought they know what the score is or how many points are on the board and what type of competitive games are played.

OK, OK, sorry!

OK, OK, sorry!

Come on Stu.. At least 100 Times until your fingers hurt :wink:

I must do better at 2 am in the morning when trying to get things done for the fans by the next day.

I must do better at 2 am in the morning when trying to get things done for the fans by the next day.

:grin:

Don't cut and Paste thou :o

Call me pedantic but they are getting as bad as the rarely wrong chron, these mistakes are becoming more and more common.

How dare he!! what was he thinking, come on mate go moan somewhere else your input aint wanted when you come up with stuff like that.

Pukka, your input is more than welcome. I don't agree - I think Stu does a good job, but you're entitled to your opinion. Please remember that Adam, as whilst I agree with you that Stu does well I don't agree that Pukka isn't welcome!!!#

Ack

Jesus christ what a joke....for the hours the guy works then im sure one or two mistakes are allowed....i see theres sometimes 7-8 reports and features a day on the site, aswell as some on a sunday, which equals a 7day week, a vast improvement on the last couple of seasons where a couple of reports a week was the norm, and if you look on sites like Dales, the reports are about 10 lines long, aswell as that hes done alot of work for the new layout i see ..

Some fans really do make me laugh ... to moan about something so small and stupid is quite childish IMO...

For all it matters keep up the good work fella, and ignore the one or two who like to moan and groan about everything....the majority enjoy and appreciate the hardwork and the improved service the OS gives.

Jesus christ what a joke....for the hours the guy works then im sure one or two mistakes are allowed....i see theres sometimes 7-8 reports and features a day on the site, aswell as some on a sunday, which equals a 7day week, a vast improvement on the last couple of seasons where a couple of reports a week was the norm, and if you look on sites like Dales, the reports are about 10 lines long, aswell as that hes done alot of work for the new layout i see ..

Some fans really do make me laugh ... to moan about something so small and stupid is quite childish IMO...

For all it matters keep up the good work fella, and ignore the one or two who like to moan and groan about everything....the majority enjoy and appreciate the hardwork and the improved service the OS gives.

Echo that K_D_P

Some people would be shocked to know how many miles and hours are involved !!!

Hopefully it was all tongue in cheek as people are bored with 2 good games :grin:

By the way ... hows the lines going :D

Are you Stu's agent by any chance :grin:

How dare he!! what was he thinking, come on mate go moan somewhere else your input aint wanted when you come up with stuff like that.

You see, what you fail to see is that what you construed as a moan was nothing more than an observation vented on here with a jesting topic title. Are you saying the only input that is wanted here is the input which suits you? Because you own OWTB? Is that right? Ever heard of freedom of speech?

Anyone who takes me serious when I say the site needs a new editor is probably a serious person to being with. I mean do you think I really get annoyed or upset by a few mistakes on a website?

See above.

It's also funny to see the same band of people ready to stick a boot up the Chron's arse for making mistakes, yet criticising me for

pointing out a few on the fishal site, that is what some people call hypocrisy.

Lighten up.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

OK, OK, sorry!

Don't worry about it, everybody makes mistakes. Due to the nature of your current role your work is seen by thousands over the week, and a good few hundred on a daily basis which is more than most of us to say and then when it gets highlighted, and people start throwing mud, not good.

All I want to say and retract some of my previous statement "Keep up the good work!"

seconded

everyone makes mistakes from time to time, were not robots!!!! I know for a fact that Stu's job involves a hell of a lot of work and he puts in a hell of alot of hours, many of them being unpaid!!!!

i for one think hes doin a damn good job, and deserves a pat on the back.

I feel like a nitpicker now! I do appreciate the hard work, don't get me wrong, and that's why I didn't really want to say anything when I noticed it. There's a hell of a lot of content compared to other club sites, a mistake here and there should be expected!

You see, what you fail to see is that what you construed as a moan was nothing more than an observation vented on here with a jesting topic title. Are you saying the only input that is wanted here is the input which suits you? Because you own OWTB? Is that right? Ever heard of freedom of speech?

Anyone who takes me serious when I say the site needs a new editor is probably a serious person to being with. I mean do you think I really get annoyed or upset by a few mistakes on a website?

See above.

pointing out a few on the fishal site, that is what some people call hypocrisy, It's also funny to see the same band of people ready to stick a boot up the Chron's arse for making mistakes, yet criticising me for

The thread title says differently....im sure even if it was tongue in cheek the thread wasnt appreciated by Stu. Is someone squirming abit now most dont agree with you? :lol:

Edited by kellys_discopants

See above.

It's also funny to see the same band of people ready to stick a boot up the Chron's arse for making mistakes, yet criticising me for

pointing out a few on the fishal site, that is what some people call hypocrisy.

Lighten up.

whether you meant it or not, the fact remains stu works his ass off for the club like many others!!!

puts in alot of extra unpaid hours too!!!

how the hell do you think he is gonna feel when he sees threads like the one you started??