What's happened to the new players' chants?

I'd been looking forward to hearing (and joining in with) the 'Amarillo' inspired chant for Kalala.....lalalalala, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Or is it just that I'm sat in the wrong section with the fuddy duddies?

There were some really funny ideas and lyrics on here so lets get 'em going !!!!

Soz if this is a crap topic but I was just wondering why !! :bluearmy:

New songs usually first get an outing at away games usually as everyone are in the same stand .... classic example was Rocky at Swansea last year and more famously owtb at Everton (I believe..may be wrong) then eventually over the next few home games they start to catch on. Should be a few new ones at Carlisle as it will be the perfect day for them.

New songs usually first get an outing at away games usually as everyone are in the same stand .... classic example was Rocky at Swansea last year and more famously owtb at Everton (I believe..may be wrong) then eventually over the next few home games they start to catch on. Should be a few new ones at Carlisle as it will be the perfect day for them.

Like above.

The only player chants too the newbies on Saturday was the Kilkenny song he had here and "D.D.D.D...Michael Ricketts"

I've been toying with lyrics for Kalala to go with Amarillo, but cant seem to quite muster a line which is as class as the one Bolton have for El Hadj Diouf.

Shalalalalalala DIOUF DIOUF

El Hadj Diouf will spit on you

----

Kalalalalalala *clap clap*

JP will freshen up you

---

The above will only make sense to the very few Latics who met Corney in the Litten Tree on saturday and mentioned to Philliskirk that the freshen up man in the toilets is a ringer for Kalala and whether they needed to check he hasnt gone and got himself a part time job on the side :grin:

Should expect a few Lee Hughes chants given his parole only a few days after.

I think we should bring back the Gregan Pint chant about his antics in an Isle of Man chippy, rather than the boring mind numbing chant of "Gregan, Gregan, Gregan."

I've also been thinking that something could be worked on for our trio of Taffy's in Crossley, Eardley and Davies to the tune of Men of Harlech. Which would be very unique and adopt one of mine and many other's favourite chants into one of our own - without being accused of nicking a welsh anthem without good reason.

I dont think there's anyone who doesnt think that the sound of Men of Harlech ringing out from Cardiff or Swansea fans who've been to BP, hasnt been impressive.

You'd only have to throw in the odd line or two.

"WE'VE GOT A TRIO OF TAFFY'S *CLAP CLAP*

DAVIES, CROSSLEY AND EARDLEY *CLAP CLAP*

FROM THE VALLEYS THEY HAVE COME, TO COME AND PLAY FOR THE LATICS *CLAP CLAP*

MEN OF OLDHAM SINGING LOUDLY, FOR OUR WELSHMEN OH SO PROUDLY

LIFT YOUR VOICES FOR OUR VALLEY BOYS

Then carry on with the D D D's as normal.

Or something along those lines. Probably the last line need's to be changed.

BOOYAH!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

must find a craig David song that lyrics can be change to make a craig Davies song.....

He'll scored a goal on Monday, hell score another goal on tuesday, scoring a hat trick by Wednesday... same on Thursday, Friday and Sat. He'll put he feet up on Sunday / read the morning papers on Sunday

I think we should bring back the Gregan Pint chant about his antics in an Isle of Man chippy, rather than the boring mind numbing chant of "Gregan, Gregan, Gregan."

I like the chant but at Crewe it was hijacked by some people who added "Fat C word" at the end which is too much.

Never really wanted to sing it after then

must find a craig David song that lyrics can be change to make a craig Davies song.....

He'll scored a goal on Monday, hell score another goal on tuesday, scoring a hat trick by Wednesday... same on Thursday, Friday and Sat. He'll put he feet up on Sunday / read the morning papers on Sunday

.......................and try to find the usual half-inch-factually-incorrect-match-report in one of them...........which sometimes isn't there...........

Does that scan? :wink:

I like the chant but at Crewe it was hijacked by some people who added "Fat C word" at the end which is too much.

Never really wanted to sing it after then

Same happened at Brighton, they stopped it after I had a little shout in their direction. IIRC at Crewe it came from the general direction of a group of people with a large percussion instrument...

I've also been thinking that something could be worked on for our trio of Taffy's in Crossley, Eardley and Davies to the tune of Men of Harlech. Which would be very unique and adopt one of mine and many other's favourite chants into one of our own - without being accused of nicking a welsh anthem without good reason.

I dont think there's anyone who doesnt think that the sound of Men of Harlech ringing out from Cardiff or Swansea fans who've been to BP, hasnt been impressive.

You'd only have to throw in the odd line or two.

"WE'VE GOT A TRIO OF TAFFY'S *CLAP CLAP*

DAVIES, CROSSLEY AND EARDLEY *CLAP CLAP*

FROM THE VALLEYS THEY HAVE COME, TO COME AND PLAY FOR THE LATICS *CLAP CLAP*

MEN OF OLDHAM SINGING LOUDLY, FOR OUR WELSHMEN OH SO PROUDLY

LIFT YOUR VOICES FOR OUR VALLEY BOYS

Then carry on with the D D D's as normal.

Or something along those lines. Probably the last line need's to be changed.

BOOYAH!

I agree that we need some new player songs.

Surely we must be able to come up with one for Kalala

What about

Jean Paul Ka-la-la

Ka la la la la

Jean Paul Ka- la-la

Kaaaaa la la la la la

to the tune of 'Brown Girl in the Ring'?

Or something that goes to 'Volare'?

Kalala whoa oh

Kalala whoa oh oh oh

He comes form the Congo.......

This is his new song-oh..........well maybe that needs a bit of work :blush:

And for Craig Davies.......

'Scoring with his left

and he's scoring with his right

Craig Davies is gonna score goals all night'

to the intro of 'Woman Trouble' by Th'Artful Dodger?

Haha I'm liking that one!!! :D

KALALA

Kalala woooh

Kalala woooh

He comes from Congo

He drinks Um Bongo

was my suggestion last time i posted the kalala song.

LEE HUGHES (lord of the dance)

Lee Hughes wherever you may be

You have signed for the mighty OAFC

You have done your time and now your out

A new lee hughes beyond any doubt.

CRAIG DAVIES

I dunno but we really need a great song for him....not the usual walking in a davies wonderland! I bet this will be sung...

When the PNE fans sang it at Deepdale he threatened to leave the club.

Song half-way through the clip.

WARNING: NOT FOR THE EARS OF Inspiral_Rug and other NON-ADULTS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqSd6XgTNO8

Didn't we have a song in the 70s to the tune of 'Men of Harlech', something along the lines of

Jimmy Fryatt's always scoring

Chaddy End is always roaring

Ian Wood is always running

Frizzell is the King

I think I've got the words right but as I wasn't around at the time and I can't find it in Carl Spiers' book of Latics songs, I could be wrong. It's one I've heard sung by the older generation on pre-season booze-ups. I'm sure someone a bit more creative than me could update it.