Players you hated

Last night, over a few beers, Gregan got a mention which led to a discussion regarding players we hated, then got signed by Latics.

Gregan was a prime example of such a player where our opinions changed. However, there appear to be a number of players we have signed where no matter what they did for the blues, our opinions didn't change.

For me, Wellens falls into that category. Much as I thought he was our best player at times while he was with us, I'm sorry but I could never warm to the guy.

Another prime example was a certain striker from W*nky Wanderers who I cannot bring myself to even name. Needless to say, he wasn't the slimmest player we've ever had.

Is this a common view or do most people automatically warm to a player the minute he signs for us.

I must clarify that despite these views, I never subjected these players to any abuse while they were at the club... but once they've left... well, just wait Mr Wellens.

Pretty much warm to them via the "he may be a w*nker, but he's our w*nker now". Though some more than others obviously.

I'd imagine, Savage fits into that criteria. Complete git who winds up opposition players and fans - great when he does it FOR your team.

Agree with Wellens though - never felt he was truely a Latic.

gotta say for me the first one off the top of my head is guy branston ive always thought the guy was a complete waste of space and then to my horror one day i arrive in the chaddy at 5 to 3 to see that fat lump of lard warming up in a latics top and white boots the swine!!

Not hated any oldham players but I hate a few from teams who have been in our league , Wetherhall - CHEAT likcks refs A***s then gets a last min pen for naff all.

Lee Trundle - Cockey scouser who thinks hes class cause he made his name from socccer am.

Dean Windass- Hes fat and is cockey and i actually hate him with a passion.

I won't say hate as that's reserved for certain individuals.

I do dislike a lot though. Dennis Lawrence for one. Not just after last week way before then. Nuisance, bother causer, all round plank.

Darren Caskey always wound me up a treat too. Particularly after he got to retake that penalty for Reading years back. That Steve McPhee as well the little diver! I remember years back taking a dislike to Hodges too and Jostein Flo with that bloody cast on his arm at Sheffield United.

Can't say I disliked Gregan when he was with PNE. Nothing wrong with being good!

2 players who I always hated were, Carlo Corrzain, one reason when he was at Northampton he won a penalty against us and Gary Kelly saved it, The ref then ordered it to be retaken which he did and Carlo scored, We signed him after that at which he became a firm favorite of mine.

the other is Jason McAteer, when ever he came here with Tranny Mere he always moaned at the ref that he was getting fouled, Typical over rated ex Prem vvanker still hate the man with a passion

2 players who I always hated were, Carlo Corrzain, one reason when he was at Northampton he won a penalty against us and Gary Kelly saved it, The ref then ordered it to be retaken which he did and Carlo scored, We signed him after that at which he became a firm favorite of mine.

the other is Jason McAteer, when ever he came here with Tranny Mere he always moaned at the ref that he was getting fouled, Typical over rated ex Prem vvanker still hate the man with a passion

A couple spring to mind:

Stephen McPhee. Cheating cheater. Might be a decent player if he didn't cheat (and wasn't a bit knackered leg-wise).

Kevin Francis. Talentless and a dirty **** to boot.

Pretty much warm to them via the "he may be a w*nker, but he's our w*nker now". Though some more than others obviously.

I'd imagine, Savage fits into that criteria.

What have i done now :shock::disappointed:

I used to hate Dowie because of the way his face was screwed up in a pained expression for 90mins

Richard Shaw of Coventry for some reason - really seemed to fancy himself

John Aldridge - just for the crap 'tache

I think my hate for players petered out about 10yrs ago - cos there no characters in the game anymore!!!

I used to hate Dowie because of the way his face was screwed up in a pained expression for 90mins

I think my hate for players petered out about 10yrs ago - cos there no characters in the game anymore!!!

Got to be Ian Olney ( remember him) Cos he cost us a fortune and was absolute rubbish

Glynn Snodin. I abused him something shocking when he was with Everton (from close quarters 'cos I was in the paddock at the time), then he signed for us and I must admit I thought he had a good attitude and did a decent job.

That wasn't Dowie screwing his face up with a pained expression for 90 mins. That's how Dowie looks all the time.

Jermaine Flippin Johnson.... this uselesss waste of space does not deserve the talent he quite blatantly has.... so many people would kill for half his ability... but not his damn bone idle attitude...

anyone who was at Chesterfield away when we were losing 1-0, when he went clean through and decided to stop to cry for attention for a foul he recieved 10 minutes earlier will know what i mean...

I bloomin hate him... i really do...

How about managers we hated?? Could think of a few.... :mmm:

Edited by BigfinLatic

Graeme Sharp hardly endeared himself to the Latics fans during those cup ties with Everton. So, I never really accepted him as an Oldham player. And as for his time as our manager........!!!!!!!

Agree about the dislike for Sharp.

When we were sat in the team's hotel in Ancona waiting for the coach to take us to the stadium, we were talking to Colin Harvey. Then oafc_ok went to the loo. When he came back Sharp had arrived and sat in oafc_ok's seat. You should have seen the look on oafc_ok's face when he returned - that dislike of Sharp, which he had been surpressing, came swelling to the surface! :lol: