Lee Hughes Press Conference

Guest sheridans_world
Sits in non fan corner with Coco :blush:

Dont kick this debate of again. Please. Whether you like it or not, he is a latics player now. Suprisingly we actually have a song we can sing about a player, i say we sing it.

Edit: Sounds better than 'Andy Liddel dur dur dur dur' or 'There's only one <insert player name here>'

Edited by sheridans_world

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont kick this debate of again. Please. Whether you like it or not, he is a latics player now. Suprisingly we actually have a song we can sing about a player, i say we sing it.

I actually don't care :grin:

It's never bothered me, I've not made much comment on it. I just said he didn't fancy the hero stuff.

I have to say well done to Alan Hardy, i thought he was excellent then.

How tough was that though for Hughes - certainly a baptism of fire for the lad. All we can do now, is get behind the lad when he puts a blue/navy/tangerine shirt on and hope that as a character he will be strong enough to take the chants/taunts from oppo fans/players and media.

Good luck!

Really not a good idea, the Press will be there and it could be portrayed as us having a laugh about it. They'll be on the lookout for a story and they'll not need any help in finding a negative one.

Good point but it would be nice if we sang atleast one, ickle song for him ...

Also yeh fully agree with Futcher above, thought Hardy did well today!

Also yeh fully agree with Futcher above, thought Hardy did well today!

<_<

I thought he didn't sound that assertive to be honest - he stopped things when they needed to be stopped, yes, but I almost felt like he was apologising for it. No need! He was well within his rights as Chair of the conference to refuse answers to certain questions. Particularly when they were off topic, unanswerable, and rather repetetive!

:getbent:

<_<

I thought he didn't sound that assertive to be honest - he stopped things when they needed to be stopped, yes, but I almost felt like he was apologising for it. No need! He was well within his rights as Chair of the conference to refuse answers to certain questions. Particularly when they were off topic, unanswerable, and rather repetetive!

:getbent:

I agree that the questioning was continually off topic and unanswerable, but i also think that the sensitive nature of the conference called for him to apologise at times. I have no doubt normally, Mr Hardy would take great pleasure in backing the media off - but we had to - as a club - come across as right in this one and not as a callous., cold hearted football club. I thought the club got the balance right.

In particular Hardys response, when the press asked about Hughes' converting to Islam, at which Hughes denied...in stepped Hardy "don't believe everything you read in the papers!!" Priceless! :D

I agree. Credit where credit is due. Mr Hardy is not the top of my list of bezzy mates, but I think that he got the balance right.

There was a brief report on TalkSport after the conference and the report seemed OK - Hughes has spoken to the affected family, wants to put the past behind him, said that no matter how many times he says he is sorry, it is not going to undo what happened etc

So, I think that Hughes and the club have let the media have a bit of a pop (in a reasonably controlled manner) and it is hoped that they will now move on to something else and let him get on with trying to rebuild his life.

This article is also interesting.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/6967063.stm

The BBC call him Remorseful, but Albert Frisbee says he has no remorse at all. You have to feel sorry for Mr Frisbee - I imagine it must be a very difficult time for him, but any of the press who want to have a go at Hughes will get plenty of bullets from Mr Frisbee.

The BBC call him Remorseful, but Albert Frisbee says he has no remorse at all. You have to feel sorry for Mr Frisbee - I imagine it must be a very difficult time for him, but any of the press who want to have a go at Hughes will get plenty of bullets from Mr Frisbee.

It will always be the way that victims and relatives want stronger punishment, but that's the road to mob rule. Hopefully the media will give them some space as well as Hughes, it can't help them to get on with their lives if the NOTW constantly try to provoke them to give angry quotes to make another story up.

It will always be the way that victims and relatives want stronger punishment, but that's the road to mob rule. Hopefully the media will give them some space as well as Hughes, it can't help them to get on with their lives if the NOTW constantly try to provoke them to give angry quotes to make another story up.

It also isn't clear whether Frisbee said that recently or if it is just an old quote.

Hughes did say that he had written to Mr Frisbee and while the contents were not divulged, I would be totally amazed if it did not contain some form of remorse.

As you say LL, last weekend's story in the NOTW was a masterpiece of journalistic fabrication and it is no surprise that they get the headline-grabbing quotes that they so desire.

Unfortunately, it is in their interests to make this story run and run. Meanwhile, they pontificate that Hughes being in the papers causes grief for Frisbee and others. Our press have such massive double standards.

Guest sheridans_world

Its how you sell papers... sadly. Some idiots must swear by it, otherwise they wouldnt still be in business.

Its how you sell papers... sadly. Some idiots must swear by it, otherwise they wouldnt still be in business.

He just need to keep his head down and get on with his job now of playing football.

Needs to keep out of the pubs and keep him self to him self and with his wife and kids.

After a bit the press will be board of him soon

What is going on :angry:

I would without question or guilt kick Holmes in the goolies but look who else picked up on this story. What a surprise that he should choose it eh!

Sky site

It is funny that he thinks that people who go bankrupt (like one Mr Gaunt) are allowed to earn money again. How does he think his irresponsible actions affected the children of the honest businessmen he owed money to?

Two faced hypocrite.

:mad::angry::angry: Why the :censored: are sky inviting such a 'vindictive one sided, war creating :censored: like him on their show to discuss an issue, that he has already 'passionately' spoke out against?

With comments like that, he just wants to create trouble and not avoid/stop it and as for using That young Everton fan as an example before he talks about Hughes is just almost propoganda of the highest order!!!

What an e-jit!