Lee Hughes Press Conference

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

According to BBC news 24 they spoke to Frisbee earlier today. He looks/sounds bitter about Hughes but he would never come on the tv and forgive him would he!!??

Also it makes me wonder if he's just looking for his next 15 mins of fame? I know that sounds awful and i dont mean the man any ill but we do live in a litigeous (spellcheck?) and money driven world dont we? Having it all dragged throughthe press again could well be a money spinning venture for him.

According to BBC news 24 they spoke to Frisbee earlier today. He looks/sounds bitter about Hughes but he would never come on the tv and forgive him would he!!??

Also it makes me wonder if he's just looking for his next 15 mins of fame? I know that sounds awful and i dont mean the man any ill but we do live in a litigeous (spellcheck?) and money driven world dont we? Having it all dragged throughthe press again could well be a money spinning venture for him.

Frisbee said in the last instalment of the saga but one that he hadn't received a penny in compensation. So that's his motives all sorted out. And by the way, Al, Hughes has shown remorse and to the people that matter - the Parole Board. Otherwise, they wouldn't have let him out.

Gaunt said that he hopes every football fan in the country turns their back when Lee Hughes is playing. Good luck with that one, Gaunty. Good luck.

Parole!

He's only on parole!

He'd better bag us some goals

Or he'll be back in the hole

Parole! etc. etc.

Gaunt is an absolute tosser, has he not admitted in the last couple of weeks of drink driving himself. I hope the circus is done with now and they just leave Super Lee to do a great job for us and fire us into the championship were we belong. I'd love to know which championship clubs he turned down, i bet there fans are gutted. Quality player and Shez will get the best out of him in the two years he has with us.

he looked very scared at that conference today...

he had obviously had some sort of coaching in his replies..(that and uncle alan backing him up!)

for me hardy filled in a few of the gaps! nice to see that his " well i'm gonna try and ensure that others dont make mistakes..." speech was sort of backed up with hardy saying that they had spoken to a few top flight clubs ( i guess they're the ones with young kids on silly wages!!) about him doing some sort of talks....

the press were at their usual 'gutter' level... i bet that their note books probably dont even have OAFC and football added into them... nice for hardy's comment on the islam thing... hughes made a comment too...

it was weird to hear him sort of appeal to us fans about his reception!! i think if you're not happy dont applaud him when he scores! at the end of the day we know who's out on the pitch, but we have no idea who sits in the ground nearabouts us do we????

in a nutshell.... he gets my vote!!!

either that or i'm far too gullible and should never be let anywhere near a parole board!!!

ps ..... a little bird has told me this week that he's fairly local too! (oldham area!)...

he's renting from friends of my next door neighbour!

in my humble opinion...... get him doing what he knows best!

give him that blue shirt and lets see what lee hughes is really about!!!!!!!

He's already made his views on this clear on his cack radio show but then uses a TV appearance to further push his case forward. Tool.

Surely some of these comments are libelous. He says Hughes was drunk and drugged up, was this ever proved? I think I saw a post saying Hughes had admitted it, but if not surely Gaunt's comments could get him in trouble.

Just had a look through the 606 comments and although the majority of the board seemed to be in support of him - i'm surprised but pleased - there were a few comments worth note.

One guy said it would be sweet karma if he got a carreer threatening injury in his first game, hope no players think that way or this could be a very short signing!

One other guy mentioned that he had been banned after one of his first games, if not his first, for featherstone lags for physically abusive behaviour. Doesnt seem like he was feeling very remorseful there does it!

One guy said it would be sweet karma if he got a carreer threatening injury in his first game, hope no players think that way or this could be a very short signing!

I was thinking about something along the lines of this. What if refs have a moral objection to the club signing him and start favouring our opponents? God knows they are bad enough as it is!

Just hope he bangs loads of goals in for us!!!

When do you think he will be in the squad from????

I agree with all the sentiments made regarding the press confrence, all i have left to say is welcome lee and good luck. And lets give the guy support he's a tic now :comeon::ktf:

Channel 4 even mentioned him being drunk. Which was never proven. We've been through all the bits and pieces lots of times but surely news outlets (besides Gobby Gaunt) should be getting these things right?

Before sentencing, the judge said that the fact Hughes had drank on the evening of the accident informed his decision to take off for 36 hours.

Before sentencing, the judge said that the fact Hughes had drank on the evening of the accident informed his decision to take off for 36 hours.

He was not done for drink driving though like C4 suggested. It was death by dangerous driving wasn't it? They never mentioned it as being that. Ah well it's done now. Might need him soon. 3 games and no goals :blush: