Ricketts

So far this season Ricketts has looked less than impressive and alot of fans are getting aggitated with his performances. Some would tell these fans that he just needs time to get used to the football we play and form a bond with davies. Are we being too impatient with him as only football lovers could be, or will he struggle this season? Personally i think that he needs a little more time. He has played at the best level and i am sure he will come into some kind of form this season. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far this season Ricketts has looked less than impressive and alot of fans are getting aggitated with his performances. Some would tell these fans that he just needs time to get used to the football we play and form a bond with davies. Are we being too impatient with him as only football lovers could be, or will he struggle this season? Personally i think that he needs a little more time. He has played at the best level and i am sure he will come into some kind of form this season. :)

4 games gone that it 4 games and already fans making him the boo boy of the team ???????????????????????????????????

Rickets is a quality player and because he hasnt scored a hat-trick in evry game fans on his back, he is not the type of player to to run round like a headless chicken for 90 minutes, ball to feet with ricketts is the key for me, dont know if anyone agrees but in the second half against Carlisle thought he was our man of the match which shows he will be a force to be reckoned with.

personally ive said it before dont think he is 100% fit and once that id fully in motion he will be a real asset so yes i think fans are being too impatient

Edited by neiladamsheadband

i know we shouldn't write ricketts off so early in the season but is it just me or have we got ourselves another darren beckford?? poor lads knackered come the 75th minute! come on ricketts we all believe in you pal show us some magic!!!

Exactley how i feel. He has looked a little slow so far and this is as you say most probabley a litlle lack of fitness but the evidence is there for all to see what a good player he has been and could be again. Personally i can't wait untill around october when the team is working as one unit and the wins are rolling in as they will with the talent we have.

i know we shouldn't write ricketts off so early in the season but is it just me or have we got ourselves another darren beckford?? poor lads knackered come the 75th minute! come on ricketts we all believe in you pal show us some magic!!!

sorry chaddylad dont think you can put the quality of ricketts in the same sentence as beckford, this will be the turn around of the season fans onside with ricketts -

I am sure he will come good I just hope he the boo boys who unfortunately we have always had dont get to him.I think somebody is going to get a real thrashing of us very shortly the question is who I just hope that Rickets gets amongst the goals in that game and that sets him off.

As for coco's comments well what do you expect he is just being himself and having his bit of fun and being honest by expressing his view right or wrong :grin: to be honest I enjoy reading his posts to see what he comes up with next no offence meant coco I am sure you are a true blue at heart.

Robert

Ricketts has imroved 100% since he came and there's a lot more to come from him when he get's fully match fit.

Get off his back....Ricketts, Davies and Hughes will be awesome in a month or so.

It could be the best forward line at the club since Palmer, Ritchie and Marshall.

He wins virtually every header, holds the ball up well and as evident in the match vs Brizzle Rovers tracks back and gets stuck in. I NEVER boo anyone who gives his all and I think this lad is certainly doing that. FAO: Boo boys - please remember we are currently in the 3rd tier of English football, this forward line we have is brilliant for our level. We dont like Ricketts, oh no, we love him oh yes!!

He hasn't won me over yet by any means but he does seem to get better each game. The one thing he hasn't had in the last 4 years in a lengthy run in the team at any of the clubs he has played for which has cost him fitness and therefore goals. I think Shez should keep going with him in the team, we should get 20 games out of him on the bounce and then judge him. I think he will turn out ok.

The problem with people like Coco is he will not allow someone like Ricketts to actually have a chance anyway. I am getting bored of telling people in the Lookers upper where to go who give him abuse from the first min. I think its the worse abuse I have seen in a long while. I would hate to be the kids of these "fans" as they must be an anxious mess.

I am sure he will come good I just hope he the boo boys who unfortunately we have always had dont get to him.

That's exactly it. It can't be easy to play when people get on your back. Give him a few games to get into his stride and used to the team he's playing with, then judge. The club have taken massive gambles and invested money they didn't budget for to bring an exciting line-up of players who have a mixture of experience, class and potential. If it doesn't work out, it's their money they are putting on the line. I reckon there's a lot to come from him.

And I've given Ricketts a fair chance, it just annoys me to see posts claiming him to be 'a class act' and 'an incredible footballing brain' when he's nothing of the sort. How can he still be so far behind others in fitness? He barely wins anything when challenged by a defender, spends the whole match moaning to the ref and has done ONE THING of note since he joined.