There are many posts on here about players - etc..

if you had to play a team of in your opinion the most overarted player to play for us - i.e in others fans opinions etc who would your team be.

I can't believe (as far as I can see) that nobody has mentioned Neil McDonald. £500k! £500,000!! FFS

Everton must have been laughing their balls off as they banked that cheque! :angry:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe (as far as I can see) that nobody has mentioned Neil McDonald. £500k! £500,000!! FFS

Everton must have been laughing their balls off as they banked that cheque! :angry:

Aye 500K for one inspired tackle and cross for Olney???? to score that late winner against Villa.

Oh and anybody who reckons Bunn was over rated is quite obviously bonkers

Edited by StipeTripe

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

You are aving a giraffe! What this lad lacked in ability he more than made up for in pure spirit and effort. He made chances out of nowt by harrying defences and scored quite a few goals. He wouldnt however have scored against the OWTB dee-fence though I am sure!!!

Carlo Corazzine never ever stopped running for this club!!! Yet people get away with having a dig at him all the time. Very similar players.....both run there hearts out all day long! Yet in the end, produced very little!

Paul Murray. A decent player but some folk go waaaaay overboard raving about him. Half a good season does not a legend make, and the way people talk about him keeping us up that season is madness - he wasn't even our best midfielder IMO, that honour going to the old bloke with no knees. Murray was plainly turning it on because his contract was coming up and nobody (or nobody he fancied) came in for him in the fire sale.

Paul Murray. A decent player but some folk go waaaaay overboard raving about him. Half a good season does not a legend make, and the way people talk about him keeping us up that season is madness - he wasn't even our best midfielder IMO, that honour going to the old bloke with no knees. Murray was plainly turning it on because his contract was coming up and nobody (or nobody he fancied) came in for him in the fire sale.

Defo overated....but at the same time he was good, just not as good as some think. I think what he went on to achive shows this. Failed to get promotion with us, played for a relgated team in portugal (i think) and then back to the UK to play in the lower leagues..... Hardly legendary...

Edited by oafc0000

Guest oa_exile
Darren bloody McDonagh.

I thought he was :censored:.

KtF,

Derek.

Aye , but Derek he came through the Youth and we sold him for how much to Luton ?

I played against him a couple of times when he played for North Chadd (School).

aye, no big deal at all ( I am right though and you are very, very wrong ;) )

What footie is all about, one man's Geoff Hurst is another's Geoff Thomas.

How dare you bismurch Geoff Thomas' name! I'll never forget seeing him at Wembley (T'old one) against France; when we got seated with all the French fans; and Geoff was one on one with the goalie and managed to hit the corner flag!!!

A few players I'd include in the list of overrated players, some of whom have already been mentioned:

Nicky Banger

Paul Moulden

Ian Olney

Ian Ormondroyd - BOTH TIMES

Andy Goram - His 2nd Debut

Mike Milligan - When he returned.

Chris Killen

Chris Day

Terrible Forbes

Chris Machin - Believed his own ego when he went to Marseille.

Sean Garnett

Rob Lee (All 62 minutes of his 2 appearances - First & Last)

Paul Kane

(Paul) Beavers

Michael Clegg

Edited by Latics4Ever

A few players I'd include in the list of overrated players, some of whom have already been mentioned:

Nicky Banger

Paul Moulden

Ian Olney

Ian Ormondroyd - BOTH TIMES

Andy Goram - His 2nd Debut

Mike Milligan - When he returned.

Chris Killen

Chris Day

Terrible Forbes

Chris Machin - Believed his own ego when he went to Marseille.

Sean Garnett

Rob Lee (All 62 minutes of his 2 appearances - First & Last)

Paul Kane

(Paul) Beavers

Michael Clegg

Sean Garnett :o If it wasnt for him we would be playing fourth division football right now!! Only bit of qauility we had back then keeping us up!!!

Defo overated....but at the same time he was good, just not as good as some think. I think what he went on to achive shows this. Failed to get promotion with us, played for a relgated team in portugal (i think) and then back to the UK to play in the lower leagues..... Hardly legendary...

I loved psycho coz he got well stuck in - for that alone I thought he were great!