Chasing the game again

looks like harsh words were said at half time then eh.

credit where its due,and its always nice to win,no matter who you play.

well done wolfy.

Definitey a game of two halves, but it shouldn't need harsh words. Still, it showed we have got some steel and character; coming back from 2-0 down is never easy even if the opposition isn't the best in the world. Maybe with having no game next week, we can blow off the rest of the cobwebs, get it right on the training ground and then transfer it to BP to give Southend a right stuffing.

Definitey a game of two halves, but it shouldn't need harsh words. Still, it showed we have got some steel and character; coming back from 2-0 down is never easy even if the opposition isn't the best in the world. Maybe with having no game next week, we can blow off the rest of the cobwebs, get it right on the training ground and then transfer it to BP to give Southend a right stuffing.

Lets hope so .... I was thoroughly depressed after that first half.

I've just stood and listened to two muppets behind me, slag every single member of the team tonight which really bugged me, and then i come on here and read what you load of doom and gloomers are going on about.

I think i may just give up coming on here and reading all the doom and gloom, im getting really naffed off with it. Just get behind the lads and as i said at half time "The cream always rises to the top"

Edited by amoweb

I've just stood and listened to two muppets behind me, slag every single member of the team tonight which really bugged me, and then i come on here and read what you load of doom and gloomers are going on about.

I think i may just give up coming on here and reading all the doom and gloom, im getting really naffed off with it. Just get behind the lads and as i said at half time "The cream always rises to the top"

Come on ffs.....doom and gloom ?? There hasnt been much positives to take from the games, and were there has been posatives they have been pointed out. Dont destroy perfectly healthy debate!

Come on ffs.....doom and gloom ?? There hasnt been much positives to take from the games, and were there has been posatives they have been pointed out. Dont destroy perfectly healthy debate!

Im not destroying the debate. I have travelled to Carlise, Hartlepool & Accrington and out of two of these games I have been surounded my Moaning Muppets. Saturday it was Crossley who was the main target and then just to top it all the muppet choir started with their songs..

Tonight the two guys behind me have not stopped right from the first whistle to the final whistle every member of the team got a dose off them. It's getting very boring now.

I came on here expecting to read a few upbeat posts but i found the "doom and gloom" Yet again people are having a go at Gregan, granted he's not the fastest player i have every seen but they way Accrington started was 100mph football and even John Terry would have struggled against it, but as the game went on he showed his class. Even thompson started to improved as the game went on.

ok we must agree the first half was not great by any stretch , but one guy stood near rightme from the kick off - singled out thompson ok so he didnt have a great game but in first half no one did, so every time thomo did something wrong he slated him but if anyone else did something wrong nothing - but if thomo did something right nothing.

lost it with him and he neva said another word all match in fact - after we went three two up he left ???

hopefully he went back to the old folks home were he belonged

Edited by neiladamsheadband

We were poor first half, but I bet Stanley couldn't believe their luck to be 2-0 up. They had one shot on target all game by my reckoning - and a nicely taken goal it was too.

Edit - just remembered another one second half - brought a fine save from Crossley.

Second half was much, much better. Credit to whoever gave the speech at half time. (One presumes it was Shez, but you never know).

And an evening made all the more entertaining by probably the most bizarre refereeing performance I've ever seen. :lol:

Edited by garcon

How dya think i felt? Wasn't even allowed a swift cig at half timeeven to a was near enough out of the ground! oh and we wernt allowed to keep the tops from out coke bottles...because oniously if you have a bottle and a lid youre going to throw the lid <_<

And an evening made all the more entertaining by probably the most bizarre refereeing performance I've ever seen. :lol:

Christ, you can say that again! OMG, the worst ref ever? Very, very strange decisions - like the smart tackle from trotman on the edge of the box.

Dubious penalty in my book, but Davies & Wolfy were outstanding 2nd half.

:OWTB1:

Davies & Wolfy were outstanding 2nd half.

:OWTB1:

Couldn't agree more chaddymatt, their pace had the Accy defenders in a spin, but fair do's to their No 5 as he was always there on Craigs shoulder.

After such a dire first half by the TEAM, not just the odd individual, can i also give a special mention to a player who seems to have Tics fans divided, Lidds. I thought his second half contribution was some of the best open play we have seen from Lidds for a long, long time. He was running at defenders picking out short and long passes and getting shots off, proving he is not just a great crosser of the ball. Well done Mr liddell, more of the same please.

Whens the draw for the next round and how many are left in ??

I know it was only Acrrington Stanley we beat but look at Forest, Huddersfield, Tranmere & Crewe all beaten by League Two opposition so we should be chuffed about winning last neet, especially after being 2-0 down at HT. I couldn't believe it when I put teletext on and saw that, head was firmly in hands but what a turn around. Anyone else think it is a shame the Forest game is off, I know we are struggling a bit but they are worse at the moment and would have been a good opportunity to do them again at their place!

Im not destroying the debate. I have travelled to Carlise, Hartlepool & Accrington and out of two of these games I have been surounded my Moaning Muppets. Saturday it was Crossley who was the main target and then just to top it all the muppet choir started with their songs..

Tonight the two guys behind me have not stopped right from the first whistle to the final whistle every member of the team got a dose off them. It's getting very boring now.

I came on here expecting to read a few upbeat posts but i found the "doom and gloom" Yet again people are having a go at Gregan, granted he's not the fastest player i have every seen but they way Accrington started was 100mph football and even John Terry would have struggled against it, but as the game went on he showed his class. Even thompson started to improved as the game went on.

You should sit in the main stand, i get that every week. We could be winning 10-0 and they would still find something to moan about. When Ricketts scored the penalty in the first game of the season they were moaning about it!!

Sorry, but even at this late stage, I've got to have one more say. I was sat at home, 200 miles from the action and decided to post score updates and any other points of interest for those who couldn't go or listen to LW. Apart from a "Sack the board" and a "Time to go, King John", the other comments were purely honest opinion on certain aspects of the team / individuals. Surely, we all have the right to do that.

Whilst I agree that there are numpties who will slag off all and sundry from the first to last whistle, I don't think last night's comments even bordered on it. In fact, there was genuine optimism - not one post even hinted that we were about to lose another one, even though my title was an honest one; we WERE chasing the game again, right from the 8th minute.

So, far from the suggested "doom & gloom", we saw posts from genuine Latics fans who all want the team to do well and surpass last season's achievements. And I for one still believe that we can do just that and will be listening to LW commentaries on every single game I can't get to. Whether I will bother posting anything on here about it remains to be seen. I don't see the point if it ends up raising arguments about the fans' belief.

I'll get off my soap box now.

:getmecoat::ktf::icon_peace: