New Scoreboard

Looks like we might get a flashy new scoreboard at BP. One question: can somebody tell me in plain english where it will be located, I'm not sure about all this Horners/Cable Comms malarky. Do they meand between the Main Stand and the Rochdale Road end?

Linky Linky

Edited by ghostofcecere

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
Looks like we might get a flashy new scoreboard at BP. One question: can somebody tell me in plain english where it will be located, I'm not sure about all this Horners/Cable Comms malarky. Do they meand between the Main Stand and the Rochdale Road end?

Linky Linky

Not sure about that one myself :unsure: but "Your Prediction" makes sense Mate ^_^

Is that they place where they keep the spare goal posts ? there seem's to be a lot of "No man's land" there.

Linky Linky

Yes, just infront of the learning centre.

Guest oa_exile
The best place for it would be at the bottom of the Rocky Road End large section - in between the front row of seats and the pitch.

Anyone going to Oldham Away? My seat ticket says "Obscured View"...

:tongue1:

lol :laught16: Quality :applause1:

I think everyone is missing the point a little here.

This is only going to happen if enough local firms come along to help. The article on the official site is an appeal for help in terms of finance; labour and materials.

Hopefully, there are a few local firms out there who realise that they would get some great publicity by helping OAFC out here. Anyone know of Companies to approach?

The pictured one is from Wembley.

England U21 and Italy U21s was the first match at the new Wembley and it finoshed 3-3. I have this funny feeling we won't be getting Wembley's scoreboard.

I thought Higbury at first, makes sense.

I'd like to think my thread inspired this. :D

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

From the size of the screen I bet they would still be able to watch it in North London.

It does look pretty immense - the potential for the club is huge - with the video ability companies could pay to show adverts etc. you could show latics world clips, goals from the last game, all kinds of things!

And just for D_S we can have the "Come on Oldham" back!!!

Guest oa_exile
Who says the one pictured is the one we are after. the one at west ham hasnt been taken out has it?

Good point!

Didnt say that the one in the picture was the one we are after

The one that was in Highbury you think?

I said .............

Could be right Dave , seems they have a spanky new one !

Arsenal.JPG

So the Old Highbury one would be now up for grabs :grin:

* All apologies on a Postcard to Exile c/o OWTB * :grin:

Guest sheridans_world

To be honest, this could be brilliant for whichever local companies invest in this project. They will have permanent advertising, it'd be a PR success.

I've already called the company my mum works for to see if they are involved, the sheer amount of business that an investment like this could generate is brilliant. From a local company point of view it could open doors! Not only will the normal fans see this but the hospitality suits (with the prawn sandwich brigade (all 30 of them!)) can also view thisl.

Could be a very good business opportunity for someone.

Echo Simons thoughts..

I'll ask at my new place about doing something, but I have a feeling we have something happening with last nights opponents as we are just next door to accy..

Great opportunity for any company !!

IMO wouldn't care if the new scoreboard came from MANURE !!!!

Scoreboard at BP = Money for OAFC - Thats what would make me HAPPY !

Guest oa_exile
The pictured one is from Wembley.

England U21 and Italy U21s was the first match at the new Wembley and it finoshed 3-3. I have this funny feeling we won't be getting Wembley's scoreboard.

I thought Higbury at first, makes sense.

I'd like to think my thread inspired this. :D

Then blame Google :tongue1:>>Emirates Stadium<<