Drum - Should it stay or should it go ?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate all drums and bands at matches full stop. When I first saw the Dutch do it versus Wales at the Vetch in about 1988 it was new and funny but 20 years on it's just boring. I was't to bothered about the drum at Latics, if fact sitting in the Lookers Upper, I was suprised when it first got mentioned on here as I couldn't hear one from my seat. But after Carlisle this season I want rid of the thing, it just totally killed the atmosphere by drowning out all the singing.

I hate all drums and bands at matches full stop. When I first saw the Dutch do it versus Wales at the Vetch in about 1988 it was new and funny but 20 years on it's just boring. I was't to bothered about the drum at Latics, if fact sitting in the Lookers Upper, I was suprised when it first got mentioned on here as I couldn't hear one from my seat. But after Carlisle this season I want rid of the thing, it just totally killed the atmosphere by drowning out all the singing.

Agree totally. I also sit in the lookers upper and can't here it at home games but it does drwon out the singing for away games.

I hate foobtall bands, runied the terrace athmosphere. :(

Didn't like it at first and still don't. I don't think it helps the atmosphere one bit, serves to deaden the singers - achieves nothing.

Did I see the drummer child make a post on here?

If so inform him of the poll result, or just get to ask around at 'Latics. It's not very popular, to say the least.

Keep the Faith

We're happy to let this vote go ahead.

Please note, however, that no personal insults or attacks will be tolerated be they "against" the drummer or "defending" him.

Additionally - no matter the outcome of the vote this is in no way an "official" decision and the drummer is free to continue as he pleases.

Cheers and keep voting,

Ack

OWTB Team

Agree totally. I also sit in the lookers upper and can't here it at home games but it does drwon out the singing for away games.

I hate foobtall bands, runied the terrace athmosphere. :(

It basically suggests that your atmospheres rubbish when you feel the need for instruments

I don't mind the drum that much, if it's used correctly at away games i.e being up at the top of a stand, it can create a good atmosphere. But using it on a terrace is not the best idea.

I also don't mind it at home as i sit in the paddock!! So when we hear the drum from there at least we know the CHaddy is singing.

Guest oa_exile
I personally dont mind it at all. Whats all the fuss about? If he enjoys it let him carry on? People need to stop moaning about a drum and make an atmosphere with these gobs :wink:

Whats all the fuss about? Read the posts

If he enjoys it let him carry on? That is what the discussions have been about , not everyone enjoys it

People need to stop moaning about a drum and make an atmosphere with these gobs. He stops the momentum when people open their Gobs

We're happy to let this vote go ahead.

Please note, however, that no personal insults or attacks will be tolerated be they "against" the drummer or "defending" him.

Additionally - no matter the outcome of the vote this is in no way an "official" decision and the drummer is free to continue as he pleases.

Cheers and keep voting,

Ack

OWTB Team

Why are the gestapo mods getting involved in this poll...............