Have your say at the Q & A Evening.

He kinda skirted round the question a bit when I asked him about set pieces. He set he writes them up on the board before the match and that he tells the players what they should do. He briefly said something about practising on Fridays I think. I wasn't convinced with his answer.

I think to be fair, he did say every player has a set instruction on where to be, who to mark etc and they know their own responsibilities on set pieces, yet as wardle said, they haven't always carried out his instructions and he gets peeeeed off with this!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked what the plans are for reopening the former Clayton Arms, will there be a change of Brewery and will the premises change its name?

Alan Hardy said that when they bought it from J. W. Lees on 24th July, they had to agree not to reopen it for six weeks. The Club would not have the expertise or inclination to re-open it, but would be happy to hire it out for someone else to operate, until it has to be demolished for the redevelopment of the Chaddy End. The former landlord of The White Hart is interested in renting it from the Club. However, when he looked round the premises, it was obvious that JWL had taken all fixtures and fittings - everything including the kitchen sink! The barstewards!!! :sign0094: :redcard::angry:

There will have to be considerable expense to get the premises back to the condition required to re-open. Alan said the Club could come to some arrangement with the hirer on a rent-free period to cover his costs in getting it back to an operational state. The other snag for the hirer is that another condition of the purchase agreement was that, if it is re-opens, all alcohol has to bought through JWL. They don't have to be JWL products :drinking45: , but they have to be bought through JWL - obviousy with the Bewery's mark-up on prices - rather than buying direct from other breweries as a free-house would do.

Also at the moment it's not known whether it will be twelve months or up to two years before the premises would have to be demolished. There would be a bar in the new Main Stand first phase of the stadium redevelopent.

The prospective tenant is thinking over whether to go ahead, bearing in mind all the restrictions and uncertainties. I hope that if he has the courage to take it on and put his money where OUR heart is, Latics' fans will support him whole-heartedly by putting their mouths were his money is.

So the rot has not really stopped - JWL still has a hold over the Club, but the Club had to agree to these terms, or else the redevelopment of the Chaddy End would not have been possible. Even saying the name "J. W.Lees" sticks in my throat, but at least I can say that none of its products do!

Guest oa_exile
........even saying the name "J. W.Lees" sticks in my throat, but at least I can say that none of its products do!

So now you know the story IF Chris took on the Clayton and knowing where the products were coming from would you go in the Clayton ?

So now you know the story IF Chris took on the Clayton and knowing where the products were coming from would you go in the Clayton ?

Yes because I would be supporting a man who had the courage to take a gamble on a short-term business venture, which would mean result in rent income to the Club.

But if he stocked JWL products I wouldn't buy them - I would buy any other draught/keg products availiable or, failing that, non-JWL bottled products, even though Chris had bought them from JWL. If he only stocked JWL alcoholic products, I would still support him, but have a soft drink.

I think JWL has the contract to supply the suite in which the Q & A session was held - last night I drank bottled Becks, in preference to JWL products available.

If I chose to buy you a drink it would have to be on the basis that you didn't drink a JWL product.

Thank you for that i will let Chris know he has support from fans who didnt venture in before the closure.

You can add me to the list as well.

I shall also be joining in with Diego's anti-JWL protest because of these scandalous covenants that they have placed on the Clayton.

And I think we should also ban any OWTB Members who appear to support JWL with their Username. :o

Guest oa_exile
I know it has nothing to do with this forum BUT if I was to go to Wallsall on saturday what time do you reckon I would get back, either on train or on official coach :unsure:

its about 1 hour 30 mins by car ,so with waiting to leave after the match not before say 19:15 , thats a quarter past seven in english money :wink:

I know it has nothing to do with this forum BUT if I was to go to Wallsall on saturday what time do you reckon I would get back, either on train or on official coach :unsure:

if you want a seat on our mini bus you should be home by 7pm .. just let me know if you want a seat ..

we have 2 left

Guest sheridans_world
You can add me to the list as well.

I shall also be joining in with Diego's anti-JWL protest because of these scandalous covenants that they have placed on the Clayton.

And I think we should also ban any OWTB Members who appear to support JWL with their Username. :o

I'd like to point out at this point that they kept us afloat for quite a few years, while not especially investing money, they stopped us from going bump. While it may seem harsh from our point of view that they have put all these requirements into the contract, they are only protecting their business. They didnt have to sell the Clayton Arms and were not going to sell it had Latics not put the plans in to redevelop the stadium. They have effectivley lost a public house that could have generated revenue for years to come.

Edited by sheridans_world

Aye , D_JWL_S , I_JWL_C and that scorcherlover guy

So you encourage the guy to take over the pub and then deprive him of potentially his best customer? :mad:

People really do seem to think that JWL is a multinational conglomerate, not a small regional brewery which produces fantastic beers. Although that Scorcher was pretty rank.

Guest oa_exile
Although that Scorcher was pretty rank.

What was the one before it ? Einhorn or Rheingold or :sick01: .................. now i know why i stick to the "laugh and titter"

So you encourage the guy to take over the pub and then deprive him of potentially his best customer? :mad:

People really do seem to think that JWL is a multinational conglomerate, not a small regional brewery which produces fantastic beers. Although that Scorcher was pretty rank.

A small regional brewery...that erm, was one of the top 25 businesses in the North West back in the early 80's when they were giving loans out to the club (hence, not so small back then) and cashing them in once we got to the Prem.....sending us right back to where we are now. I'm fairly certain they'd have a lot more money out of OAFC had they done it the right way...protected our top flight status and reaped the rewards of the Greedy League. Rather than raping the club as they did. They're scum and will always continue to be....just more proof of it in their latest actions.

PS Nice of them to make the comment the other week that Oldham has "always been a rugby town".....now that they're trying to get into the Yeds! @rselickers!

Edited by boundaryblue80

I'd like to point out at this point that they kept us afloat for quite a few years, while not especially investing money, they stopped us from going bump. While it may seem harsh from our point of view that they have put all these requirements into the contract, they are only protecting their business. They didnt have to sell the Clayton Arms and were not going to sell it had Latics not put the plans in to redevelop the stadium. They have effectivley lost a public house that could have generated revenue for years to come.

On the face of it, the younger members may wonder what all the anti-JWL fuss is about.

Courtesy of LSC Canada, here's a link to give something of a feeling of what it was about at the time:

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium...7/petition.html

Guest oa_exile
I've taken some insults in the past, and I'm the first to admit a joke's a joke, but I'm not prepared to take that one! :angry:

I demand a retraction and an apology. (Note: No wink)

I suppose banter is banter but that was cutting it fine , Sorry Diego :blush:

Guest sheridans_world
On the face of it, the younger members may wonder what all the anti-JWL fuss is about.

Courtesy of LSC Canada, here's a link to give something of a feeling of what it was about at the time:

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium...7/petition.html

Like i said, while not pumping money into the club, they at least kept us afloat, which is more than can be said for a certain Moore.

Like i said, while not pumping money into the club, they at least kept us afloat, which is more than can be said for a certain Moore.

Who's to say that someone else wouldn't have come along and invested, coz let's face it, we've been in trouble all our lives right back to Bates' era. Maybe those old enough can tell us if JWL were the only hope back then when they bought us. And also, the STR campaign wanted JWL to either invest or put the club up for sale (while it was still an attractive proposition) but they wouldn't. They squeezed every single penny out of it that they could and still remain to do so....just because they loaned us money to stay alive back then (when for all we know someone else may have come in instead and actually invested properly back then) doesn't mean they aren't scum in my eyes!

Guest oa_exile
........... which is more than can be said for a certain Moore.

Totally incorrect , infact the opposite he "Over Invested" and that is what the problem was ............ when we didnt get promotion he then realised (Or was advised) that he would not recoup quickly is outlay.

BB : JWL brought some stability to the Club after the dark years , the ran it on a tight leash , selling players (as always) was (and still is)

Guys ............ the club has always (apart from the early 90's) lost money ............. crowds = not enough = loss + selling players = PROFIT !

nothing said about if the club does not get permission to re build the ground ,the 3a would leave the club ? and was simon c not there ? and can someone ltell me what is multiball ?and why you need a licence for it????

Edited by boboafc