dont blame shez

My mortgage is with northern rock but we are stil s**t

If Northern Rock goes belly up which it shouldn't considering the Bank of England has backed them, then if the worst comes to the worst the only thing that will happen is that your mortgage will get transferred to another mortgage provider! I know that you may not get your mortgage at the same rate but at least you won't be losing your home! As for being sh@t i'ts early days and trust me after watching Latics for 30yrs it's never an easy ride!

By the way, does anybody out there know a good company to work for and who are hiring? I've never been out of work since I left school (apart from going from going to university).

i think you may find gregan and crossley are the problems in the dressing room.

gregan more than likely as he comes across as being the big i am,and i think shez has his hands full with that.plus the younger players will be too scared to say anything to him as i imagine he can be very overbearing.

i may also be talking hornswaddle,but something aint right in there.

dont think they are scared of him, someone in an earlier post said they lipread eardley telling him to shut up etc. in the macclesfield game.

you seem to have made your mind up he isnt man enough for the job,or cant motivate the squad.

so you tell us who you want to turn it round then,i dont think changing managers this early is justified,unless the 3a's are not happy,if were still struggling by christmas and he still cant motivate them then yes,change it.

yh but if it gets to christmas and were in that position every 1 will say we should have got rid of him round now, if he can turn it round i would me more than chuffed i wold love it if he can but im not sure if he can

dont think they are scared of him, someone in an earlier post said they lipread eardley telling him to shut up etc. in the macclesfield game.

The club did a photo shoot with the squad and coaching staff and the clubs main sponsors on thursday, the lads are all together, there is no dressing room split. there was a good atmosphere and they were all having a real laugh with each other. Greagan is not the captain off the pitch Liddell is and i believe he is a very good club captain, he is constantly helping out the younger players in the squad in training and staying behind after training with them to help improve various aspects of their game and has become more and more vocal on the pitch this season which i think will be a good thing. I personally didnt want Moore to be sacked (think i may have been the only oldham fan with that opinion though!!) but Sheridan has come in and done a decent job and just because we are in a bit of trouble at the moment it doesnt mean he should be sacked. Yes he has made some bad signings but all managers do that, he i still learning. A guy was yelling at Shez today that he should never have signed McDonald and that he had never had a good game for us, is he for real he was one of the main catalysts for our turn in form last season, though i admit he is struggling for form just now. We can't keep sacking managers as soon as they hit a bad patch, let him work through it, they will come good it will just take some time. I always thought that as a club we had a really good set of fans and the fans and the club were always together but the last few years as soon as something goes wrong there are sections of the crowd that turn on players/managers in a second and seem to want a scape goat that they can blame everything on.

The club did a photo shoot with the squad and coaching staff and the clubs main sponsors on thursday, the lads are all together, there is no dressing room split. there was a good atmosphere and they were all having a real laugh with each other. Greagan is not the captain off the pitch Liddell is and i believe he is a very good club captain, he is constantly helping out the younger players in the squad in training and staying behind after training with them to help improve various aspects of their game and has become more and more vocal on the pitch this season which i think will be a good thing. I personally didnt want Moore to be sacked (think i may have been the only oldham fan with that opinion though!!) but Sheridan has come in and done a decent job and just because we are in a bit of trouble at the moment it doesnt mean he should be sacked. Yes he has made some bad signings but all managers do that, he i still learning. A guy was yelling at Shez today that he should never have signed McDonald and that he had never had a good game for us, is he for real he was one of the main catalysts for our turn in form last season, though i admit he is struggling for form just now. We can't keep sacking managers as soon as they hit a bad patch, let him work through it, they will come good it will just take some time. I always thought that as a club we had a really good set of fans and the fans and the club were always together but the last few years as soon as something goes wrong there are sections of the crowd that turn on players/managers in a second and seem to want a scape goat that they can blame everything on.

Cheers,I can only comment on what I see on the pitch and the vibes dont look so rosey to me?Anyway,if what they other guy said about shez shouting those obscenities for me he should take a long hard look at himself b/c thats unacceptable and almost certainly counter productive.

Cheers,I can only comment on what I see on the pitch and the vibes dont look so rosey to me?Anyway,if what they other guy said about shez shouting those obscenities for me he should take a long hard look at himself b/c thats unacceptable and almost certainly counter productive.

I sit near to the dugouts and i didnt hear Shez shouting like that at the players (he might have done and i just didnt hear it of course), yes he sometimes tells them what they have done wrong in some pretty colourful language but sometimes he needs to, he also encourages them and tells them how to improve and tells them when they have done well.

Shez did turn round and have a go at one fan that was giving him stick and normally i wouldnt condone that sort of thing but the guy was talking rubbish and what Shez said to him was spot on

I sit near to the dugouts and i didnt hear Shez shouting like that at the players (he might have done and i just didnt hear it of course), yes he sometimes tells them what they have done wrong in some pretty colourful language but sometimes he needs to, he also encourages them and tells them how to improve and tells them when they have done well.

Shez did turn round and have a go at one fan that was giving him stick and normally i wouldnt condone that sort of thing but the guy was talking rubbish and what Shez said to him was spot on

Buck stops with the manager.

If these performances were under Moore people would call for his head, about time people stopped pussyfooting round Sheridan.

Give him till Christmas!!!

Jeez! Am I reading all this correctly?? You can't keep sacking managers- we're starting to sound like Forest fans! Steve Bruce was close to getting sacked last year and look where Birmingham are! Shez hasn't changed overnight- was anyone questioning his man management skills last year when we made it to the playoffs? We have another fairly new team which is going to take a few games to gel.

Buck stops with the manager.

If these performances were under Moore people would call for his head, about time people stopped pussyfooting round Sheridan.

Give him till Christmas!!!

If it were Moore i wouldnt be calling for his head - i didnt whilst he was here he saved us from relegation and then the next season he got us into the top ten, hardly a bad record. Anyway back to Shez, we have played a few bad games, give the guy a chance its only September. If he can't change it round then maybe in a few months time we should look at it again but at the moment he needs time to get it right and i believe he will. Big Joe made some bad signings and things didnt go great for him at first and look where he took us. Give Shez a chance, he's still learning and he will get it right

If it were Moore i wouldnt be calling for his head - i didnt whilst he was here he saved us from relegation and then the next season he got us into the top ten, hardly a bad record. Anyway back to Shez, we have played a few bad games, give the guy a chance its only September. If he can't change it round then maybe in a few months time we should look at it again but at the moment he needs time to get it right and i believe he will. Big Joe made some bad signings and things didnt go great for him at first and look where he took us. Give Shez a chance, he's still learning and he will get it right

Today was better than my sister in laws BBQ believe me and it took 3hrs on that damn M6 so i missed most of it :grin:

Shez will get it right we have no other choice do we ? :pizza:

Cheer up you miserable sods.... It could be worse you could have lost your job and be about to lose your house!

As much as I love the Latics certain things have been put into perspective by my recent predicament!!!

:disappointed:

Join the club pal, I got made redundant just over two weeks ago. I never took a day off sick, never late, always worked overtime without pay, I don't think I've ever used my full holiday entitlement and at the end of the day, it counts for nothing when it comes to redundancy - all staff were laid off without any warning. I've never been out of work before, very difficult to keep yourself up.