Favourite games

Erm, have I missed something here. There appears to be a certain game against Sheffield Wednesday at BP that doesn't seem to have had a mention.

On top of that, the away games at Stoke and W*nky on the way to Wembley in '94, the home game against Notts County in 91/2 when Marshy scored the screamer in the last minute for 3-2, the Forest 5-3 in the Prem... and all that without mentioning a single game in 1990.

My favourite ever game is a really obscure one from 1977 away to Mansfield, I was about 14 at the time and travelled down on the Stotts coach.

We won 2-0 with Steve Taylor scoring both goals, we were in an open end behind the goal and it rained the whole game.

It was the trip home on the coach that really sticks in my mind, the whole coach sang Queen's we are the champions (which was in the charts at the time) all the way home, I don't know why as we were at the lower end of the table at the time.

It's just that it was our first away win of the season and in those days we rarely ever won away from home and also sang "Jingle bells, Jingle bells, Jingle all the way oh what fun it is to see Athletic win away, hey".

i too remember that match ,latics first away win of the season great win and listening to the result 's of the games on bbc radio ,and when they said mansfeild t 0 oldham athletic 2 the whole coach roared with a big cheer ,and steve taylors first goals for us too ..

Edited by boboafc

i too remember that match ,latics first away win of the season great win and listening to the result 's of the games on bbc radio ,and when they said mansfeild t 0 oldham athletic 2 the whole coach roared with a big cheer ,and steve taylors first goals for us too ..

Myfavorites:

Hull City (FAC) 3-2

Derby County (LC) 1-2

Cardiff 1-1 (On Sky)

Barnsley 2-3 (Football League 1)

Edited by amoweb

I've framed my match ticket and programme from the City game :) the memory of that afternoon will live on forever.

And my girlfriend at the time (and for about a year afterwards) was a massive City fan, so she was never allowed to forget it either. :)

A game which will never be forgotten is when we played Colchester in September 2004, drew 1-1 but David Eyres scored the best free kick I've ever seen, down at the Rochdale Road end.

About 35 yards out, flew in the top left-hand corner, which was directly in line with me sat in the Chaddy. :) Beautiful.

When we played Barnsley in the same season and scored two in two minutes to win was amazing too.

I'd forgotten about some of the games I've read.

(And does anyone else remember Eyres' free kick? I recall it was something special, even if no-one else does B))

Keep the Faith

edited because I can't type and watch England at the same time. Oops.

Edited by seasidelatic

I've framed my match ticket and programme from the City game :) the memory of that afternoon will live on forever.

And my girlfriend at the time (and for about a year afterwards) was a massive City fan, so she was never allowed to forget it either. :)

A game which will never be forgotten is when we played Colchester in September 2004, drew 1-1 but David Eyres scored the best free kick I've ever seen, down at the Rochdale Road end.

About 35 yards out, flew in the top left-hand corner, which was directly in line with me sat in the Chaddy. :) Beautiful.

When we played Barnsley in the same season and scored two in two minutes to win was amazing too.

I'd forgotten about some of the games I've read.

(And does anyone else remember Eyres' free kick? I recall it was something special, even if no-one else does B))

Keep the Faith

edited because I can't type and watch England at the same time. Oops.

The Eyres Freekick that sticks in my mind is the one against Plymouth from around the halfway line on the Lookers Side.

To many to mention as it seems to change from week to week........ best ever and one unfortunately I can't see ever being beat, yep you guested it Ipswich away to win our place in the top flight. I'd be interested to know how many on here where there??????

In our 2nd season in the premiership we were 4 points adrift at the bottom of the table and top of the table united come to boundary park. Early on in the game from a corner schmiecal drops the ball and then 1 of our players knocks the ball into the net (who was this player?). For the next 60 odd minutes we defend like demonds as united throw everything but the kitchen sick at us. Not great performance but kick started our season.

Again not a great performance but the equalising goal against scunny was a magic moment (felt like the glory years all over again)!

Edited by laticsmad

To many to mention as it seems to change from week to week........ best ever and one unfortunately I can't see ever being beat, yep you guested it Ipswich away to win our place in the top flight. I'd be interested to know how many on here where there??????

I celebrated with a boys' hug with ThaiLatic in the car park after the game. I've still got some blue and white Police tape from a cordoned-off area of Portman Road. It was a momentous occasion - we'd done what many believed was impossible!

It was then followed a couple of weeks later with the Championsip-winning game against Sheffield Wednesday, when Shez made Andy Barlow fall like a sack of spuds as the prelude to Neil Redfearn's dramatic penalty. :first: Heady days indeed.

Oldham 1 Brighton 0 - they were favourites to go up and B. Zamora got sent off and kicked the dressing room door of its hinges , Qaulity.

Oldham 2 QPR 1-Think john eyre scored the winner after there obv offside goal.

Forest 0 - Oldham 2 last season they had'nt lost a game so far and we went and stuffed them i front of a double figure attendance, tuesday night and 300+ Fans did not stop singing from the first goal to the final whistle. MAGIC!!!!

Wigan 0 Oldham 1 (on sky) Duxberry header sent the travelling army wild.

Wigan 3 or 4 Oldham 1 - Wayne Andrew scores in less than a minute to shut the pie heads "Championies" chant dead.SHHHHHH

In our 2nd season in the premiership we were 4 points adrift at the bottom of the table and top of the table united come to boundary park. Early on in the game from a corner schmiecal drops the ball and then 1 of our players knocks the ball into the net (who was this player?). For the next 60 odd minutes we defend like demonds as united throw everything but the kitchen sick at us. Not great performance but kick started our season.

It was Neil Adams who scored and his goal is immortalised on my T-shirt, which he signed in the Isle of Man.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1015/816679...c8385ab.jpg?v=0

I've missed out on a number of memorable results like 1-0 against West Ham, beating Citeh at their place on my 13th Birthday.

4-1 vs Wolves, for ages I used to watch my 94/95 season review just to watch that game

3-1 vs Bolton I remember Bolton having a very good side at that period of time, and it was one of those games that you just knew we were going to win

2-1 vs Citeh, the first time I'd seen us play Citeh and that game had everything from Kinkladze missing a pen, to Nicky Banger scuffing it through a crowd of defenders to put up 2-1 up

3-1 against Notts County, at that point I'd never seen us win so convincingly away from home, could and should of been more that day

2-1 against Stockport, Eyresey free-kick, I remember being on the TV highlights going crazy when that one went in

theres loads more I can imagine

Another memobable game was the draw we snatched at Everton in the prem , 2-2 i think it was Adams who scored 2 in the last 5 minutes, i remember everyone stamping their feet and singing in the old wooden Everton stand, i was sure the thing was shaking!

The most recent ones are the hidings we gave (we are still a massive club) Forest last season home and away.

Another memobable game was the draw we snatched at Everton in the prem , 2-2 i think it was Adams who scored 2 in the last 5 minutes, i remember everyone stamping their feet and singing in the old wooden Everton stand, i was sure the thing was shaking!

The most recent ones are the hidings we gave (we are still a massive club) Forest last season home and away.

It's my recollection, and I know others disagree, that it was at that game when some young lads, sat at the front of the upper tier of the stand, started the now legendary OWTB chant. They were lone voices singing what appeared to be a naff chant. Swindon away was when the majority of fans took up the chant.