new banner

I was with you until I read the words in brackets. That's like saying move the iceberg because the Titanic is heading towards it!

Hmm i was expecting that bit wouldnt be too popular! hence the brackets:) TBH im coming to terms with the fact that im in the minority wanting to move ends...i do think the chaddy would be more fun if we got all the singers in there then all the moaners would probably move out especially if we were all stood up:)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm i was expecting that bit wouldnt be too popular! hence the brackets:) TBH im coming to terms with the fact that im in the minority wanting to move ends...i do think the chaddy would be more fun if we got all the singers in there then all the moaners would probably move out especially if we were all stood up:)

Why doesn't someone organise a game at home in the near future where every member of OWTB sits in one stand (chaddy or lookers) together and make a right racket. Forget about season ticket seats for the day and try and get everyone aroud each other. Call it "bringing back the noise day".

Chadders, lookers, gerogie all come together and bring the atmosphere back for a game.

:chaddy::mainstand::lookers: all as one.

When I here about singing sections, I can't help but think of those uber-chavs away at Gillingham :laught16:

It certainly would help if people would group together more. IMO it's part of the problem though that some groups who do sing are only interested in singing what they start, and in fact seem positively against other songs. I dare say some Chaddy Enders will know what I mean. Unity is the way forward.

I think we all know what you mean, hence partly why I moved to the Lookers; that, the fact that its become a 11-15 year olds stand and wozz_oafc's reasons. Also I do think a move to the Rochdale Road End is the way forward I sit in the Paddock now and I can only faintly hear the Chaddy as I sat there last season I know how loud it actually is in there, if those same people were in the RRE then BP would of become a hell of a fortress, all I suggest is that a tempory move to the RRE until when/if the new Chaddy gets built

I think we all know what you mean, hence partly why I moved to the Lookers; that, the fact that its become a 11-15 year olds stand and wozz_oafc's reasons. Also I do think a move to the Rochdale Road End is the way forward I sit in the Paddock now and I can only faintly hear the Chaddy as I sat there last season I know how loud it actually is in there, if those same people were in the RRE then BP would of become a hell of a fortress, all I suggest is that a tempory move to the RRE until when/if the new Chaddy gets built

... why I moved to the paddock this year. Hopefully we will all be able to move in mass to the Chaddy this season when building starts. Take over the left of the Chaddy my paddock friends and show the Chaddy how its done.

I will be organising the bign flag for the Leeds game ... even if it means missing the first 5mins to get to my seat in the paddock.

As most know I do organise stuff for fans, scarves, banners and fancy dress. I buy ballons, streamers (out of my own pocket) I have also banded suggestions of a card/ballon display in the Chaddy ... but this needs funding either from individual donations or sponsors and to be frank unless the Chaddy starts to fill up more it will look shabby. If and when the lookers closes maybe this could come off.

My others ideas include large flags at the front of the Chaddy to be waved when goals scored and to wave on the pitch / touch line before the team enters to build up the atmosphere. Again I am more than happy to organise if: theres funding and club will allow.

Finally, like I decked out part of the stand at walsall, I hoped to make have enough banners to display them at every home game along the middle railings of the Chaddy, yep they may not be clearly seen from the pitch but it part of creating the right atmosphere. However, as people are aware I travel up each week to BP from London and after a long trip, to be honest, I'd much rather spend my time catching up with mates / drinking ... well thats what I feel like doing at the moment as I was kind of hoping that by now others would have been taken up my lead and be coming forward to assist or coming up with their own ideas (several did organise the big flag last year though :dance: )

I did post for help with the big flag on match days in the Chaddy as I now sit in the Lookers... again people dropped it as the team came out see the players never got to see it.....

Ive moved from the chaddy for the first time this season in 11 years this season because the atmosphere was getting worse and worse. The few of us that do sing get told to sit down all the time and moaned at by the people behind...

Very strange that you moved....yes, what you mentioned regarding the complaints did happen but last season as it went on, the moaners got ignored/drowned out in the end, the stewards relaxed and didn't challenge people to sit down and the atmosphere was great for a large part of the season. Some games, I hardly sat on my seat once for standing and singing....so why you've moved this season, I can't understand. I know a few have TBH and can't quite understand it when we had the nosiest Chaddy End since the Dowie days. Oh well....

I know how to get an atmosphere going - put 4000 pissed up Yorkshiremen in the RRE. Let's give it a go, and see if it works :ohno:

And then say it proves that the RRE is LOUDER! :whoosh::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::rant.sml:

As I keep saying if we were to take 3,000 to Old Trafford, we'd outsing 73,000 reds. A passionate away following all stood/sat together always outsings the home fans, uless you're somewhere like Liverpool, Celtic or Portsmouth.

If we see the Leeds' fans as a challenge, and we take up that challenge successfully, then we'll set our own benchmark for the rest of the season. In the words of Kevin Keegan, I'd love it, just love it, if we could do that! :dynamite::zigga::OWTB1::bluearmy::comeon::who::ktf:

Why doesn't someone organise a game at home in the near future where every member of OWTB sits in one stand (chaddy or lookers) together and make a right racket.

OWTB members equate to approximately 25% of the hardcore fans. As they are representative of the Latics' fans it follows that only a few those members are prepared to sing. Therefore no point all sitting together.

And then say it proves that the RRE is LOUDER! :whoosh::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::rant.sml:

As I keep saying if we were to take 3,000 to Old Trafford, we'd outsing 73,000 reds.

I was saying that to a Red Scummer last night as I was winding him up about Coventry beating them (cue "we don't care about that cup"....funny, they did the other year when Chelski won everything bar that, which they won!).

Was saying how I'd love to play them again at Old Stretford.....coz we'd accept it'd highly likely we'd lose, so just be nice to take a few thousand and totally outsing them. Silly armchair idiots couldn't get their heads around it!

Edited by boundaryblue80