Help with parenting please

Just think when he first gets to primary school (if he's not there yet!?!?...inexperienced parent type here!!?) and the first things he sings in the school choir are.....sheep sheep sheep sh.............!!!!! :D followed by....Ohhhhh Lancky lancky........ :redrose::redrose:

Schoolchildren are not allowed to sing baa baa black sheep, so an alternative sheep song is necessary. The Lancky song would only be frowned on in Lees and Saddleworth.

I'm appalled at all the comments in this thread! Who DOESN'T need a toilet break? At least during the first half?! :blush::grin:

i started taking my lad when he was 6,just make sure he doesnt drink loads before the game,and he goes to the toilet before kickoff.take a big bag of sweets,and be prepared to field an avalanche of questions.

my lad loves it,and as long as you tell him what goes on inside a football ground stays there all should be ok.there are 2 oldham fans in my sons school,the rest are reds and blues who havent been to a live game,he just looks down his nose at them,lol.

Why not drop the kids off at the rent-a-mum facility right down at the Chaddy End of the Lookers Upper? Then you can enjoy the game in peace.

Because Leeslover, part of the football experience is to bring your Kids with you and see their faces light up when you get excited at your teams performance. My Dad used to stand me on the crash barrier and hold me up there in the RRe to watch his and my heros Whittle, Blair, Best, Groves etc etc. I was four when he first took me to Latics. It would not have been the same had we not stayed together. It was some time before he let me go down to the front wall to see the action closer up. About a season I think, which in itself was a right of passage.

There is a woman who's son is about 5 and they sit at the side of us in't main stand. He has a beefer of a time during the game, not just watching the match but also watching all us idiots jumping up and down screaming at all and sundry. To sum up. Take your kids along to the BP as soon as they can hold their heads up independantly. If you need to go for a pee ask the person next to you to watch them for a minute (Or a Steward if your not happy about doing that) We're all part of the football family and I would hope we all would like to encourage the young un's as soon as we can. You can't get kids interested in pies and Bovril soon enough.

Because Leeslover, part of the football experience is to bring your Kids with you and see their faces light up when you get excited at your teams performance. My Dad used to stand me on the crash barrier and hold me up there in the RRe to watch his and my heros Whittle, Blair, Best, Groves etc etc. I was four when he first took me to Latics. It would not have been the same had we not stayed together. It was some time before he let me go down to the front wall to see the action closer up. About a season I think, which in itself was a right of passage.

There is a woman who's son is about 5 and they sit at the side of us in't main stand. He has a beefer of a time during the game, not just watching the match but also watching all us idiots jumping up and down screaming at all and sundry. To sum up. Take your kids along to the BP as soon as they can hold their heads up independantly. If you need to go for a pee ask the person next to you to watch them for a minute (Or a Steward if your not happy about doing that) We're all part of the football family and I would hope we all would like to encourage the young un's as soon as we can. You can't get kids interested in pies and Bovril soon enough.

I don't think LL's suggestion was a serious one Harry, more of an in joke between him and certain other posters!

", part of the football experience is to bring your Kids with you and see their faces light up when you get excited at your teams performance." he isn't even my child but took great pleasure seeing Jnr Chaddy enjoying his first away experience, but found myself trying to watch my p's and q's ... gave up in the end its part of their experince :blink:

Well from experience if they have an interest in football you can take them!! if not beware the boredom factor ... kicking the seat in front ... dropping sweets ... and then the ref makes an appaling mistake awarding the opposition a penalty or worse not awarding us one and .... dad what a forkin w*nker? ... cue dirty looks from all!!! .Great when you score though (excpet when you stand on their foot by mistake

I dont know why you bothered watching your p's and q's Mark, he comes to watch me playing for Royton on Sunday's, he used to some colourful language from me as i get a bit irrate on the pitch from time to time.

The best bit of the day had to be when Kel swore in the back of the car with a "not too bad" word. Beardy told him to watch his language as Tiffer was in the car. Just at the same moment some old coffin dodger in a big flash Merc cut Beardy up on the roundabout. What came out of Beardy's mouth was enough to make Roy Chubby Brown cover his ears. Tiffer found it hilarious though.

His mum wasnt impressed about the fact he told her he got a thick ear off someone when we scored the third goal, he got caught by an elbow with all the jumping around. "All part of the experience" was my reply.

Guest gillianfn

My son is 18 now and my older brother took him at 4. Latics -v- Derby County, 1 - 0 - Sean McCarthy scored.... apparently. I said he wasn't ready at that age because he'd still get really tired and needed a sleep sometimes! However, he was hooked, sat still throughout and has been obsessed with all things football ever since.

The funniest thing was seeing him getting older and really wanting to swear......

My son is 18 now and my older brother took him at 4. Latics -v- Derby County, 1 - 0 - Sean McCarthy scored.... apparently. I said he wasn't ready at that age because he'd still get really tired and needed a sleep sometimes! However, he was hooked, sat still throughout and has been obsessed with all things football ever since.

The funniest thing was seeing him getting older and really wanting to swear......

You set me thinking there Gillian on this one....because strangely enough, that game was my first ever at BP. And I was convinced it was Mark Brennan who scored the only goal. Turns out, after asking a mate who knows pretty much every goalscorer of ours for the last 20yrs or so, even he wasn't sure who scored that game. So this morning he dug out a video of the goals from that season and Soccerbase (that I checked, but didn't believe, was correct.) Was actually Richard Graham who scored the only goal of that game. Why I thought Brennan did, I don't know....I guess with it being my first BP game, I didn't know who was who and just thought it was Brennan.....anyway, there ya have it. Funny how it was mine and your lads first visit to BP....was mine as my brother is a Derby fan so my dad took us.....when we scored, I jumped up and accidently bust my brothers lip with a flying elbow. Oh well....we've all got injured or injured others celebrating a goal :grin: