Crewe game observations

yesterday on the three occassions the chaddy end started to sing it was good(yes after every goal) but the silent treatment midway through both halfs was just pathetic.

sorry diego if i am harping on too mate, only sing when we are winning is 100% spot on.

We agree that the "silent treatment" is pathetic and, by implication, those who remain silent are helping to form that description.

By your own admission the singing was "good" on three occasions (after every goal).

So "sing when you're winning" is only 50% spot on - actually you mean sing when you're scoring rather than winning! Obviously if you score enough times, you win.

There was definitely "good" singing between the second and third goals, when we were only drawing. I like to believe that helped to get the third goal. Others may say it played no part. It doesn't matter who's right but without the singing, going to BP would be even less attractive.

Those who stay at home (for 101 reasons) and listen on the radio, often comment on the crowd noise - it obviously helps them to get into the atmosphere. When watching TV they also comment on the empty seats! Who knows, if we could make the atmosphere less pathetic, perhaps more people might come along to join in. Perhaps not, but I keep trying.

The other alternative is to give up and wallow in the apathy and waves created by the moaners.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I criticise non-singers regardless of where they remain silent.

Not everyone has to sing though Diego. I sit in the lower tier of the main stand and hardly ever sing at home games and, i have no problem if people around me are singing or if they stand up but why should i get criticised for not singing?

You can't possibly believe that, because it's the loudest load of ballcocks I've heard on here since the last time that myth was put forward! When nearly "every single person" in the Chaddy has sung on the great occasions over the past 55 years, the noise has been deafening, even at the top of Sheepfoot Lane :excl:

I'm afraid so Diego, although I give you that I may have been prone to slight exaggeration with the 'every person' statement :grin:. I was a Chaddy Ender for about 15 years and used to laugh at my old fella (Main Stand paddock) when he said he couldn't hear the chaddy at the game. And I'm referring to pre-seating days here too. But it's true, I don't doubt that your giving it your all down there, but it really doesn't sound noisy. If you want proof play back any televised game and the chaddy doesn't sound loud, or alternatively try another part of the ground should we get a home F.A. cup draw. I've never understood why we just dont re-roof the chaddy to be the same shape as the RRE, job done then!!

Guest oa_exile

Think its about time D_S you moved to another part of the ground for a game and heard (or not as may be) for yourself ^_^

I was a Chaddy Ender and the noise is not the same as the "Owd Days" and that my friend is FACT !

Also the attendance int Chaddy are not the same as when it was Standing and that my friend is another FACT !

Yep Rocky we were on roll just before HT and expected us to go in drawing until the 'shoelacegate' ...this killed all us both on/ off the pitch (forgot to mention this period). Far more singing in the ford than Chaddy and as usual they follow the lead of us on most occasions... but lets not raise this debate again.

Danny's little incident was funny as flip ... the guys I travel with told me after the game it had the main stand in fits!!! Also when the ballboy looked to have pulled an hamstring early in the second half to cries of 'sub him' .... must say I enjoy to footy more in the Paddock!

The entire Main Stand WAS in tucks of laughter,, It was so obvious what he had done. His backward throw will go down in Latics folklore. It will probably end up with him having thrown the ball right over the Lookers stand roof!!! (So the story will go).

It was clear from the chaddy too - moment of pure genius - but I think I was the only one of my group who saw it!

Was given some funny looks when I almost wet myself. But it was the funniest part of the game.

:)

Keep the Faith

TBH, got to say, when it happened me and my mate thought, "uh oh, here we go....that better not come back to bite us on the @rse!" Shades of Bury away...ball kept in the away end, ref adds on another minute, Bury smash home an equaliser.....thankfully it didn't cost us.

Not everyone has to sing though Diego. I sit in the lower tier of the main stand and hardly ever sing at home games and, i have no problem if people around me are singing or if they stand up but why should i get criticised for not singing?

Gemma, the debate is about being criticised for not singing loud enough to be heard. For me the singing needs to be heard by the players. I said I criticise non-singers in the context of not being heard by the players, regardless of where the fans are sat. I believe it makes a difference to the team's performance if people sing - the manager and players say it is worth a goal.

Just out of interest Gemma, do you sing at away games?

Guest sheridans_world
I wish the Chaddy would get its act together .... on many occasions I have tried to get the singing going all I do get is looks from the 'men' who think they have a divine right to be 'top' singers in the Chaddy (see start of post).... yet these lads go 'missing' and are quick to shout the abuse when things go wrong and I never see at aways except the 'big' games.

I found something very annoying with 5 of the lads from the chaddy end. It was on the bus from Blackpool train station to Bloomfield road (playoff game) and the ginger lad (think he's called Ste) and 4 of his cronies would join in when i started 'zigga zagga' on the bus. When it was ended it was followed by a very brief chant of 'we want oafy back'. What pissed me off about this is that they wont sing if some 'randomer' starts a song. They shouldnt be like that. It takes a bit of courage to start a song, you shout out on your own hoping other people will join in, you dont need assholes like that doing that.

Edited by sheridans_world

I'm afraid so Diego, although I give you that I may have been prone to slight exaggeration with the 'every person' statement :grin:. I was a Chaddy Ender for about 15 years and used to laugh at my old fella (Main Stand paddock) when he said he couldn't hear the chaddy at the game. And I'm referring to pre-seating days here too. But it's true, I don't doubt that your giving it your all down there, but it really doesn't sound noisy. If you want proof play back any televised game and the chaddy doesn't sound loud, or alternatively try another part of the ground should we get a home F.A. cup draw. I've never understood why we just dont re-roof the chaddy to be the same shape as the RRE, job done then!!

Think its about time D_S you moved to another part of the ground for a game and heard (or not as may be) for yourself ^_^

I was a Chaddy Ender and the noise is not the same as the "Owd Days" and that my friend is FACT !

Also the attendance int Chaddy are not the same as when it was Standing and that my friend is another FACT !

Those who argue against me seem to think the Chaddy Enders should be heard by fans in other sections of the ground, and vice versa. The idea is to be heard by the players. When Shez's or Tommy's names are chanted they can hear it and they acknowledge the fans. So the players must be able to hear the fans.

The difference is being heard (in the background) and being heard loud enough to inspire the players to raise their game. We have all witnessed occasions when that has happened. I'm just trying to get it to happen more often.

As I said at the start of this thread, on Saturday the "Everywhere we go.....people wanna know......................................................Barmy, Barmy Army" reached the volume and passion that I haven't heard before for that particular chant. It must have been heard clearly by the players and it was followed by the winning goal. Unfortunately, if you weren't in the Chaddy or on the pitch, you missed a rare 'magic' moment.

What is undeniable compared with past eras, standing and seated, is that not enough people sing nowadays to create a great atmosphere inside BP.

Guest sheridans_world
What is undeniable compared with past eras, standing and seated, is that not enough people sing nowadays to create a great atmosphere inside BP.

Seats.

I found something very annoying with 5 of the lads from the chaddy end. It was on the bus from Blackpool train station to Bloomfield road (playoff game) and the ginger lad (think he's called Ste) and 4 of his cronies would join in when i started 'zigga zagga' on the bus. When it was ended it was followed by a very brief chant of 'we want oafy back'. What pissed me off about this is that they wont sing if some 'randomer' starts a song. They shouldnt be like that. It takes a bit of courage to start a song, you shout out on your own hoping other people will join in, you dont need assholes like that doing that.

Don't let a few assholes with a very brief chant grind you down!

Seats.

I said standing and seated! We've had great atmospheres even since seats were installed, but the number of people willing to sing is diminishing.

Anyway, even I'm getting bored with keep going round in circles on this one!

I've no doubt that the missing voices will be raised on Tuesday night to set a new benchmark for the rest of the season.

Guest sheridans_world
I've no doubt that the missing voices will be raised on Tuesday night to set a new benchmark for the rest of the season.

Lets hope so, Leeds will be in full voice, i'm sure it'll only take a Gregan screamer (ala Kettering) to shut them up :grin:

Guest sheridans_world
I think a Gregan screamer will produce a louder version of the chippy song than at Kettering - from all four sides of the ground. :grin:

Hahaha!

Touche! :swordfight:

Guest sheridans_world
Spanking them (and their lone youth striker) off the park will shush them too. :)

Keep the Faith

Where the Chaplain when you need him

:pray::cardinal:

Please god!

Seen them many times turning to fans sat behind them, higher up in the Chaddy and sniggering at their attempts to start off singing rather than joining in. Absolutely f****** pathetic!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

My humbug opinion of Satdi is:- top game, how on earth did we go behind to them, they were poo, you couldn't script that comeback, sang me heart out, thought the Chaddy was good in the 2nd half - really got behind the lads, we kept the faith, players kept the faith, wham bam thank you mam, left the ground physically drained but deeply gratified, Saturday night was a good night!

Gemma, the debate is about being criticised for not singing loud enough to be heard. For me the singing needs to be heard by the players. I said I criticise non-singers in the context of not being heard by the players, regardless of where the fans are sat. I believe it makes a difference to the team's performance if people sing - the manager and players say it is worth a goal.

Just out of interest Gemma, do you sing at away games?

Sometimes but not very often. I did a bit at Burnley but the last time i remember singing properly was at Scunthorpe last season. It's not like i sit there in silence, i shout encouragement to the lads when things aren't going there way, i cheer and stuff when we score or after a particularly good move but i just dont sing, i never have done. It doesn't make me any less of a fan. Its not like i sit there not singing and moaning about the fact that sometimes we can't always hear the chaddy or the lookers or wherever singing, i'm sure there are people sat in there singing there hearts out every week. You will never get every single person in the crowd singing at any football ground it just doesn't happen. People go to watch football for lots of different reasons some want to go and sing constantly for 90mins others go and sing when there team is winning, others go simply to watch the football and others go it would seem just to sit and moan for 90 minutes

Edited by Gemma06