Crewe game observations

Sometimes but not very often. I did a bit at Burnley but the last time i remember singing properly was at Scunthorpe last season. It's not like i sit there in silence, i shout encouragement to the lads when things aren't going there way, i cheer and stuff when we score or after a particularly good move but i just dont sing, i never have done. It doesn't make me any less of a fan. Its not like i sit there not singing and moaning about the fact that sometimes we can't always hear the chaddy or the lookers or wherever singing, i'm sure there are people sat in there singing there hearts out every week. You will never get every single person in the crowd singing at any football ground it just doesn't happen. People go to watch football for lots of different reasons some want to go and sing constantly for 90mins others go and sing when there team is winning, others go simply to watch the football and others go it would seem just to sit and moan for 90 minutes

I was curious whether you only sang at away games, as I know some other people do. It is generally accepted that the team and the fans were 'different class' at Burnley and Scunthorpe and it's interesting that you felt like singing on those occasions.

Your post sums up (better than I've been able to do with my ramblings) all the different types who make up a crowd at BP.

If you take away my line about criticising people who don't sing - not meaning everyone but said as an alternative to people who criticise those who do sing but can't be heard in other parts of BP - we are both on the same wavelength. Of course we'll never get everyone to sing, but it would lead to a better overall atmosphere if more would 'make some noise' as requested by Shez and the players.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the Chaplain when you need him

Sorry. I was praying.

For years I lived darn sarf, and because of the nature of my job I could only manage nearby away matches - Oxford, Posh, Cambridge, Layer Rd, Kenilworth Rd and so on. My son and I used to love the atmosphere. I remember one particularly wet day at Oxford, just before they closed the old ground in Headington: soaked, huddled in a corner and singing our hearts out.

But since we moved back to Oldham we have been disappointed with the atmosphere at home matches. Too much moaning, too little singing - and the booing of our own players, well I could hardly believe it.

Having said that I thought the Chaddy's singing on Saturday was magnificent. I'm in the Horner's Upper with all the moaners, and we could hear it there better than ever this season, and probably better than most of last too. So, well done lads!

Keep the Faith. I'll be singing my heart out on Tuesday night, but unfortunately in a show in Rochdale - Annie! Tickets at all prices still available Oct 2nd-6th.

:cardinal:

But since we moved back to Oldham we have been disappointed with the atmosphere at home matches. Too much moaning, too little singing - and the booing of our own players, well I could hardly believe it.

Having said that I thought the Chaddy's singing on Saturday was magnificent. I'm in the Horner's Upper with all the moaners, and we could hear it there better than ever this season, and probably better than most of last too. So, well done lads!

Bless you my son! :applause1::pray:

Sorry. I was praying.

color]

:cardinal:

I will give you that about the singing in the chaddy on saturday (another admission D_S!), I could hear it this saturday no doubt. But to make my point about the noise levels, when the thread about the drum started on here last season I wasn't even aware we had one from my seat. And just to make it clear, I know people in the chaddy sing as I sat in there for along time, it's the accoustics that I have a problem with not the fans.

Seen them many times turning to fans sat behind them, higher up in the Chaddy and sniggering at their attempts to start off singing rather than joining in. Absolutely f****** pathetic!!!

The sad thing is, it's not just reserved to the Chaddy. He takes that mentality into away games.

I've lost count of how many snide looks i've had in my direction at an away game after starting a song off. The 'He's/They're not from the Chaddy or one of us' - Same on said bus which Sheridan's World mentions. The thing is. That mentality has been apart of that section of the Chaddy they sit for near a decade now and is largely the reason why I got out and dont want to go back in.

Ah well. I dont care. He's just going to have to carry on giving snide look's.

I will give you that about the singing in the chaddy on saturday (another admission D_S!), I could hear it this saturday no doubt. But to make my point about the noise levels, when the thread about the drum started on here last season I wasn't even aware we had one from my seat. And just to make it clear, I know people in the chaddy sing as I sat in there for along time, it's the accoustics that I have a problem with not the fans.

We're not singing (and drumming) so that you can hear - when it's loud enough the players can hear and that's what matters. :chubb:

Seen them many times turning to fans sat behind them, higher up in the Chaddy and sniggering at their attempts to start off singing rather than joining in. Absolutely f****** pathetic!!!

Got it all the time when I did a zigga zagga in the Chaddy last year ..... yet I am the one that gets this going at away days.

Got it all the time when I did a zigga zagga in the Chaddy last year ..... yet I am the one that gets this going at away days.

We've corresponded privately Mark and you know my views. However, with the greatest respect to you, the same lad has started the Zigga Zagga chant for years. They might not be right in your eyes, but it's understandable that those who sing along with him were bound to be taken aback by someone who they perceived as a newcomer, due to your self-confessed unavaliability in the past due to work commitments. You may well have been singing it since they were in nappies, but they only know what they've grown up with.

It doesn't matter who starts the chant at away games, because it's not traditional that the same person always does it. There are plenty of other songs to get our throats round without clashing over who sings that one.

In the great scheme of things, is it really worth worrying about? Don't let it cloud your judgement of the real cause - to sing OUR hearts out for the lads.

Keep up your good work.

It doesn't matter who starts the chant at away games, because it's not traditional that the same person always does it. There are plenty of other songs to get our throats round without clashing over who sings that one.

It doesn't matter....coz we're not in bloody school any more....clearly one or two of them giving the snide, bitchy looks still think they are though! "My patch" and "cats spraying their area" spring to mind. Grow up, it's f****** Pathetic!

Edited by boundaryblue80

We've corresponded privately Mark and you know my views. However, with the greatest respect to you, the same lad has started the Zigga Zagga chant for years. They might not be right in your eyes, but it's understandable that those who sing along with him were bound to be taken aback by someone who they perceived as a newcomer, due to your self-confessed unavaliability in the past due to work commitments. You may well have been singing it since they were in nappies, but they only know what they've grown up with.

In the great scheme of things, is it really worth worrying about? Don't let it cloud your judgement of the real cause - to sing OUR hearts out for the lads.

Keep up your good work.

so basically what your saying is if he does'nt start a song he and his mates get the hump and don't join in or join in reluctantly,now that is pathetic.are they here for self gratification or to get behind the lads? i suggest diego that yourself and the crazy punk go in there and tell them how its going to be from now on, starting from tomorrow "you sing we sing,we sing you sing comprende". loud and proud.ktf.

That barmy army song was top draw though from the Chaddy on saturday, Lee Nobes was thinking "Bloody Hell" He was watching the chaddy for all of that chant.

I sit nearer the chaddy than the paddock but I can hear the paddock better than the chaddy. Although if you sit in the chaddy end it sounds preety loud when a chant gets going.

I knew we was in high spirits on saturday when the main stand (my stand) gave an Ohh when the blues , a go. I was shocked. But gived it crdit if the main satnd did sing more , that stand maes a bit of noise.

OHHH when the blues.....

Guest sheridans_world

I cant believe that the same lad has always started that chant in the chaddy everytime its been sung. What a load of rubbish. Fact is they are in the wrong, we are all here for the same cause (even Coco) and if one person or two thousand and one people want to sing, they should be allowed without being made scapegoats or being given snide looks.

I shout I scream I yell abuse to the ref - I am passionate at BP and love making noiz - our little choir even had a young lady sit with us coz we got a reputation of having a sing-song - we are Chaddy End right hand side and give it our all - noone can accuse us of not making any noiz - if you are frowned upon for singing - come and join us - right hand side, front of Chaddy End.

That barmy army song was top draw though from the Chaddy on saturday, Lee Nobes was thinking "Bloody Hell" He was watching the chaddy for all of that chant.

I sit nearer the chaddy than the paddock but I can hear the paddock better than the chaddy. Although if you sit in the chaddy end it sounds preety loud when a chant gets going.

I knew we was in high spirits on saturday when the main stand (my stand) gave an Ohh when the blues , a go. I was shocked. But gived it crdit if the main satnd did sing more , that stand maes a bit of noise.

OHHH when the blues.....

If I may. I would like to say that I was sat next to the Guy who started up "Ooh when the blues" in the MS We joined in with gusto and got behind the guys. He was about 45 years old and I am 50. I looked round and saw that quite a few of us wrinklies were singing. I had to have a lie down afterwards and have a blood pressure check though!! Oh, and a balti chicken pie.... It right takes it out of you...