Tell us your views

This has to be the funniest thing to appear on the offical website :) I cant wait for the results :)

The chron dosent give a dam about this football club. Its to busy flying the flag of the ruined rugby club.

I read it online to catch the local news, but I never by it, why would you ??? You can get the MEN for free!

I know the chron isn't exactly popular on here but for a local newspaper i think its ok, the coverage latics gets is very good. I read it online more than i buy it and only normally read the sports pages but its better than most local papers

I know the chron isn't exactly popular on here but for a local newspaper i think its ok, the coverage latics gets is very good. I read it online more than i buy it and only normally read the sports pages but its better than most local papers

It not to bad but the news in it is about 2/3 days late!!!!

This has to be the funniest thing to appear on the offical website :) I cant wait for the results :)

The chron dosent give a dam about this football club. Its to busy flying the flag of the ruined rugby club.

I read it online to catch the local news, but I never by it, why would you ??? You can get the MEN for free!

The chron has done a lot for the club, perhaps its not always been made public but they have. The rugby are always second to latics though recently they have been getting more of a mention but thats understandable considering they have a good chance of getting promoted

Communication between the club and the chron is hardly good, when Talbot got sacked the club didnt even let the chron the know!

When the club have informed the chron about players

we have been after they have published it and some

times we have missed out on the player as the info has been let out!!!!

The chron has done a lot for the club, perhaps its not always been made public but they have. The rugby are always second to latics though recently they have been getting more of a mention but thats understandable considering they have a good chance of getting promoted

The chron has not done alot for the club! I would say bare minimum to be honest!!! And I would hardly say they are right behind us in the call for a new stadium!

The chron has not done alot for the club! I would say bare minimum to be honest!!! And I would hardly say they are right behind us in the call for a new stadium!

The Chron has sponsored the corner lounge for years and gives Latics reduced advertising space in the paper, theres been full page adverts for the Leeds game for the past two weeks, Mike Yarwood writes for the matchday program.

And why should the Chron be right behind the stadium? They've been neutral on the whole subject and only posted the facts on the story.

You should really stop sucking those lemons.

The Chron has sponsored the corner lounge for years and gives Latics reduced advertising space in the paper, theres been full page adverts for the Leeds game for the past two weeks, Mike Yarwood writes for the matchday program.

And why should the Chron be right behind the stadium? They've been neutral on the whole subject and only posted the facts on the story.

Oh well done!!! I knew someone would point this out..... You think thats enough ?? By the way, sponsorship is a two way thing, its not exactly money for nothing is it!

Full page adverts ?? Well I wouldnt know as I dont get it anymore.....but if they are actually adverts, wouldnt that suggest Oldham Athletic paid for them ???

Is the deal Mike Yarwood actually anything to do with the chron ?

And as for the stadium, if the narrow minded chron cant see how the stadium will benefit the town and the club then it just shows them up for what they are. Your local paper shouldnt be netural, it should have an opinion as well!!! They should get off the fence and back us and help put preasure on the council and show the town exactly why it is a good thing.

Edited by oafc0000

You should really stop sucking those lemons.

Grow up Senor, I used to be a fan of the rugby club until Hamilton smacked a huge wedge between us and them!

By the way, looks like you was right about Ricketts, he is playing really badly (by the way i was being sarcastic) :D

Grow up Senor, I used to be a fan of the rugby club until Hamilton smacked a huge wedge between us and them!

By the way, looks like you was right about Ricketts, he is playing really badly (by the way i was being sarcastic) :D

So you don't know about the new chairman and owner who has brought SL standard players to the club and is close to agreeing a site for a new stadium. Some fan you must be if you stopped going because of the owner.

And Ricketts was so good that he was taken off and replaced by a kid who caused more problems in 15 mins that Ricketts did in the whole game, oh and the kid now has as many goals as superstar without taking penalties or indeed starting games.

So you don't know about the new chairman and owner who has brought SL standard players to the club and is close to agreeing a site for a new stadium. Some fan you must be if you stopped going because of the owner.

And Ricketts was so good that he was taken off and replaced by a kid who caused more problems in 15 mins that Ricketts did in the whole game, oh and the kid now has as many goals as superstar without taking penalties or indeed starting games.

1, I wasnt never REALLY a fan....Im loyal to latics not the rugby and it showed....as for SL standard players.....HA HA HA HA!!!

2, Rickets played well for 75 mins......let just ignore that hey ?

Senor, the negative you spout about are club, fans and players is disgusting, so I appould you in finally making a posative comment about something to do with the club, aka wolfy.....you did have to at the same time slag someone off to do it.

Dont know why I bother replying to you, its like talking to a brick wall anyway.

Edited by oafc0000

Oh well done!!! I knew someone would point this out..... You think thats enough ?? By the way, sponsorship is a two way thing, its not exactly money for nothing is it!

Full page adverts ?? Well I wouldnt know as I dont get it anymore.....but if they are actually adverts, wouldnt that suggest Oldham Athletic paid for them ???

Is the deal Mike Yarwood actually anything to do with the chron ?

And as for the stadium, if the narrow minded chron cant see how the stadium will benefit the town and the club then it just shows them up for what they are. Your local paper shouldnt be netural, it should have an opinion as well!!! They should get off the fence and back us and help put preasure on the council and show the town exactly why it is a good thing.

Have you considered that only Latics fans think this development would be a good thing? A stadium would be a good thing and residents aren't against that, they are against the 7 floor flats which add nothing to the town. A local paper has to be neutral.

You have to remember they are an newspaper for the whole of Oldham not just for the club and as such they have to take into consideration the whole of the borough not just the club they have to be neutral they can not be seen to be either in favour of the stadium or against

And the club has done more for the club than most local newspapers have done for their local clubs. What is it you would like to Chron to do for the club?

You have to remember they are an newspaper for the whole of Oldham not just for the club and as such they have to take into consideration the whole of the borough not just the club they have to be neutral they can not be seen to be either in favour of the stadium or against

And the club has done more for the club than most local newspapers have done for their local clubs. What is it you would like to Chron to do for the club?

I dont belive a local people should EVER be neatrul....it should have an opinion....

It certainly had an opinion when we wouldnt let the rugby play at Boundary Park......

Edited by oafc0000

Don't post about subjects you know very little about.

What do I know little about ? Didnt the chron have an opinion ?? Didnt it very harshly highlight the rugbys plight and suggest the big old meanies at Oldham Athletic were picking on them ??

Edited by oafc0000

Guest sheridans_world

Sorry but i'm with Coco on this one. The rugby have just as much right to have just as much room in the Chron as us. There have been several full page adverts advertising games so far this season. Their publishing may seem slow because of this wonderful thing we are using now, the internet. If something is posted on the official site at 10:30am on a friday that it will have missed the print deadline meaning it would have to be Monday's edition it appears in. Sponsorship isnt a one way thing where they just give us money, we give them stories, personally i enjoy reading the articles in the Chron because there is some sort of substantial text on the club. The official website doesnt publish stories as long as the Chron's. The Chron gives updates on injuries, the official site doesnt.

Oh and on the stadium, Coco is again right, the local rag shouldnt be biased towards any point of view. (SEE RUGBY SECTION)

Oh but sorry Coco, dont agree with you on Ricketts, you yourself admitted he had a good first half at weekend :grin:

Edited by sheridans_world