Yea...your right....he didnt hold up the ball at all tonight....or win all those headers....

Were you watching United or summut .. when the hell did he hold the ball up or win a header? He won one and it went in the other direction to everyone else.

Hes a centre forward so where was he when Davies crossed it across the box? Somewhere catching his breath....every cross that was put in he did nothing to challenge the keeper ... no he did it once ill hold me hands up. For a guy his size he should be making his presence felt in the box when a cross comes in.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amoweb

And a interested Taylor would have got to the cross by Davis instead of being 2/3 Yards off.....

And a interested Eardly would have played the ball to Liddle a little more when he was clear and free....

And a interested Crossley would stop hoofing the ball up the field ......

let the witch hunt stop now, let the support for the lads begin now.

A suggestion to the club, can the small end of the RRE be allocated to all the Young,Old, Middle Aged moaning gits so that we dont have to endure 90 Mins of constant moaning.

Were you watching United or summut .. when the hell did he hold the ball up or win a header? He won one and it went in the other direction to everyone else.

Hes a centre forward so where was he when Davies crossed it across the box? Somewhere catching his breath....every cross that was put in he did nothing to challenge the keeper ... no he did it once ill hold me hands up. For a guy his size he should be making his presence felt in the box when a cross comes in.

has a centre forward davies should also be in the box and not crossing it - so dont even go there

The whole stadium were on there feet clapping him off the field.....

They score and suddenly the knives come out....behave lads...

The whole stadium ... :censored: i looked around and there was afew near me. People boo him off and get slagged off ..

Anyway everyone has a different opinion and thats what these things are for.

The whole stadium ... :censored: i looked around and there was afew near me. People boo him off and get slagged off ..

The vast majority the chaddy and main stand were stood up clapping....to claim anything else just isnt true!

If we had drawn that i doubt this post would be here....

Witch hunt...roll up roll up!

Edited by oafc0000

The vast majority the chaddy and main stand were stood up clapping....to claim anything else just isnt true!

If we had drawn that i doubt this post would be here....

Witch hunt...roll up roll up!

We beat Crewe and people were still honest and said when players didnt play well so to use that as an excuse.

Maybe if we had won who knows .. but we didnt so unless your phsycic then i cant comment.

Roll on Cheltenham .... need the experienced players like Ricketts/Gregan to lift the youngsters.

I know I feel afraid to post a comment which isn't in praise of anything to do with Oldham Athletic.

I was praising Ricketts after the games against Walsall and Crewe.

Tonight he wasn't great.. not helped by crap service, and a strike "partner". Who's never on his wavelength and nowhere to be seen when Ricketts wins his flick ons.

I know I feel afraid to post a comment which isn't in praise of anything to do with Oldham Athletic.

I was praising Ricketts after the games against Walsall and Crewe.

Tonight he wasn't great.. not helped by crap service, and a strike "partner". Who's never on his wavelength and nowhere to be seen when Ricketts wins his flick ons.

:lol: aww dont feel afraid Butters ... post away :grin:

No matter what you post not everyone will agree.

A suggestion to the club, can the small end of the RRE be allocated to all the Young,Old, Middle Aged moaning gits so that we dont have to endure 90 Mins of constant moaning.

I was saying the other day that they should knock the Lookers down with them all in it. Can't be bothered arguing with them at games because they know so little about football. I get the feeling that alot of the people who shout abuse at players have hardly kicked a ball in their lives with some of the comments that come out.

People say he didnt look intrested ?? I just cant agree with that!!! Every time a cross came etc his eyes was fixed on the ball!! He looked detremined to me!! Was up against probably the best two defenders and keeper in the league as well....

thought gregan was the best defender in this league,head and shoulders above everybody according to some on this site.thought he was very commanding tonite after a shakey first five mins.having said that though i thought he could of shepperded the ball out for a goal kick instead of putting it out for a throw-in which led to their goal but i'm not blaming him kk let westlake run past him to score.

Guest amoweb
Liking that idea!

Theres a bloke in the NSM Upper around about seat I/J 43, wears a baseball cap who never stops moaning from the first whistle till the final whistle. I have been a ST up there for around 6 Yrs now and i havent been to a game where he has moaned all the way through.

If he reads this he will know who he is. Give your head a shake will you and shut up fooking going on annoying other people around you,

Theres a bloke in the NSM Upper around about seat I/J 43, wears a baseball cap who never stops moaning from the first whistle till the final whistle. I have been a ST up there for around 6 Yrs now and i havent been to a game where he has moaned all the way through.

If he reads this he will know who he is. Give your head a shake will you and shut up fooking going on annoying other people around you,

HAHA! IS he really really old? If so I sit in front of him and he talks absolute sh**e! Me and my brother say that he supports every other team in League One except Oldham and his plan is to get to see all his teams once a season. The amount of times one of ours is taken down and he shouts at OUR PLAYER for apparently diving. He must have been loving it when leeds scored tonight!

Guest amoweb
HAHA! IS he really really old? If so I sit in front of him and he talks absolute sh**e! Me and my brother say that he supports every other team in League One except Oldham and his plan is to get to see all his teams once a season. The amount of times one of ours is taken down and he shouts at OUR PLAYER for apparently diving. He must have been loving it when leeds scored tonight!

I would put him at around 55ish, but i dont think it's the one you are refering to, up until this season he had a mate of his and a couple of young lads that sat with him but i think even they have got fed up of him now....

I would put him at around 55ish, but i dont think it's the one you are refering to, up until this season he had a mate of his and a couple of young lads that sat with him but i think even they have got fed up of him now....

I actually think that's who I sat behind last season who I moved away from. Always got on Liddell's back for no reason.

Can't believe how many moaners we have!

Edited by LeylandLatic

The TEAM played well tonight, non of us are that tosser Hansen so lets leave the picky bits alone. We played a well organised team tonight and didn't deserve to lose. I for one don't think anybody had a bad game, and there have been a few bad ones so far this season, let's get behind the team and appreciate the effort they ALL put in tonight.

Ricketts as he always does won everything in the air - problem is is that Davies (or any other player) do NOT link up with him so he loses the ball and it makes him look bad - also I believe that when he got the ball to his feet more at Walsall he looked a lot better. Come on guys we win as a team we lose as a team. My overall impression was that we wuz robbed guvnor - Thought Crossley did ok made couple of good saves and kicked ok, Back four were brilliant - Gragan & Hazell won a tough battle, Eardley and Bertrand supported the attack well, Kilkenny bossed the MF with Kalala tidying up, Lidds chased and made some good crosses, Taylor ducked and weaved with not too much end product, Davies lost his marbs and concentration (scum did their homework on him) and Ricketts battled, should have scored but should also have had a pen. Let's hammer Cheltenham on Satrdi and get back to winning ways - and get off our players backs FFS!

I'm not a fan of Ricketts as many of my previous posts testify, but I didn't think he was anywhere near as bad tonight as some people on this thread seem to think.

He didn't have a great game but not many of the team did, I thought Davies had possibly his worst game since his arrival at the club and looked highly likely to be sent off for a while.

I think we deserved a point on the balance of play and think that they are one of the better/stronger teams in this division.

I thought Gregan was immense in the centre of defence and won nearly every header he challenged for on the night, unlike some on this thread I thought Hazell did well again (he is way better than Thompson) and I think him and Gregan have generally looked good together.

Kilkenny played well for me and looked like our only hope of creating a goal scoring chance, in the final third we really lacked anything like a cutting edge, and didn't really create any clear cut scoring chances.

As I said I thought we did enough for a point and it was very cruel luck to concede with practically the last kick of the game, but if they are one of the best teams in this division then we have nothing really to fear from anyone in the division as we more than held our own tonight.

:ktf: