Atmosphere last night

My brother phoned me at quater to 8 from inside the Chaddy on Tuesday night. He left a voicemail and it did sound extremely loud, though you could only really here a whimper from our side.

Chant of the night.

Leeds - "your support is :censored: :censored:"

Paddock - "Your support is :censored: sheep"

They didnt like that one. :grin:

I enjoyed that one.

We purely and simply outsang the scum - simple as - we were very loud at times -twas great apart from the unjust result - lucky sheepsh@ggers. Not enough old anti - sheep songs though - tried to get all yorkshire men :censored: sheep (sideways) and we don't carry hammers/lead/hatchets/loyal supporters/Sheridans blues/hate city and LEEDS & LEEDS & LEEDS to no avail! Too many youngsters methinks.

Not enough old anti - sheep songs though - tried to get all yorkshire men :censored: sheep (sideways) and we don't carry hammers/lead/hatchets/loyal supporters/Sheridans blues/hate city and LEEDS & LEEDS & LEEDS to no avail! Too many youngsters methinks.

That's why previously I suggested a teach-in (possibly in the re-opened former Clayton Arms) so that our musical heritage can be passed on.

Personally, I thought the atmosphere on Tues night was very poor.

I was sat in the NSM upper towards the RRE side. We could barely hear the Chaddy End all night. Heard the drum a few times - was faint though. I've actually started sitting in the NSM as the atmosphere is better there than in the Chaddy - quite a few others have done the same. The result is an even quieter Chaddy End unfortunately.

Leeds were ok, noise-wise. Nothing special.

I was sat in the NSM upper towards the RRE side. We could barely hear the Chaddy End all night. Heard the drum a few times - was faint though. I've actually started sitting in the NSM as the atmosphere is better there than in the Chaddy - quite a few others have done the same. The result is an even quieter Chaddy End unfortunately.

Makes me laugh....your comment is self-defeating....

If it was soooo loud and great in the NSM, you wouldn't be able to hear the Chaddy. That's not your point though, is it? Your point is just saying "we couldn't hear the Chaddy!" Sort your own stand out so that you won't be able to hear the Chaddy for singing yourselves and stop with that "we could barely hear the Chaddy End all night". Sat in the Chaddy the noise was excellent....I couldn't hear anything from the NSM because of the atmosphere :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

We purely and simply outsang the scum - simple as

You must have been at a different game to me then. I sat upstairs in the NSM and listened to them sing for nigh on 90 mins. The song about '15 points' seemed to go on forever. How the hell can you say they were quiet?

Guest sheridans_world
You must have been at a different game to me then. I sat upstairs in the NSM and listened to them sing for nigh on 90 mins. The song about '15 points' seemed to go on forever. How the hell can you say they were quiet?

90 minutes my left butt cheek. You either have superb hearing and can hear one bloke sing in the RRE but block the Chaddy or are delusional.

Latics made more noise than Leeds over the 90 minutes.

When did I say Leeds were quiet ? I just thought that they were only 'ok' noise-wise considering there were nearly 4,000 of 'em. Have heard teams with less numbers make more noise. They were pretty constant in their singing though and they definitely out-sang Oldham, that's for sure. Chaddy End was barely audible most of the night to us on the far side of the NSM upper

Chaddy End was barely audible most of the night to us on the far side of the NSM upper

Can I suggest to some in the NSM that instead of sitting in silence straining to hear the Chaddy End they could actually try contributing to the atmosphere themselves.

Can I suggest to some in the NSM that instead of sitting in silence straining to hear the Chaddy End they could actually try contributing to the atmosphere themselves.

Ya mean.....like I said :wink:

QUOTE(Yard Dog @ Oct 6 2007, 17:17 PM)

-------------

Boundaryblue80

Makes me laugh....your comment is self-defeating....

If it was soooo loud and great in the NSM, you wouldn't be able to hear the Chaddy. That's not your point though, is it? Your point is just saying "we couldn't hear the Chaddy!" Sort your own stand out so that you won't be able to hear the Chaddy for singing yourselves and stop with that "we could barely hear the Chaddy End all night". Sat in the Chaddy the noise was excellent....I couldn't hear anything from the NSM because of the atmosphere

Edited by boundaryblue80

Listen pal, I'm not having a dig at the Chaddy. I'm just giving my opinion. It might have sounded loud in the Chaddy End to those of you who were sat in there, but believe me it didn't sound loud to us in the NSM upper.

And, who says I was not contributing to the atmosphere. I can assure you fella I was singing profusely. Always do, except that when sat in the Chaddy I find it increasingly difficult to sing as there's not really much to sing along too...and yes, before you say it, I do try to start off my fair share of songs. Full credit to those of you in the Chaddy that give it your best...