Chaddy 2nd - mascot race

I WAS 2nd mate. That imposter beat me by less than 1 second to the finishing line.

The reason they didnt announce me was because they disqualified me. They said i started in front of all the others. To be honest, they had it in for me from the start. I started behind loads of them, but i was just to fast for most.

They have now reinstated me as 2nd after all the mascots kicked off and refused to enter next year, this was after it was pointed out to the organisers that i had already been given the prize for second place and people had been paid out on me for each way bets.

To be honest ive had enough of them singling me out for "special rules" and i suspect i wont be there from now on, its just full of people in pajama's and a big head running for a nobody team and taking all the glory.

At least everyone who came down for the weekend with me had a good time....Apart from an unnamed lad who threw up in the room i booked for him and has now got a massive bill.

I WAS 2nd mate. That imposter beat me by less than 1 second to the finishing line.

The reason they didnt announce me was because they disqualified me. They said i started in front of all the others. To be honest, they had it in for me from the start. I started behind loads of them, but i was just to fast for most.

They have now reinstated me as 2nd after all the mascots kicked off and refused to enter next year, this was after it was pointed out to the organisers that i had already been given the prize for second place and people had been paid out on me for each way bets.

To be honest ive had enough of them singling me out for "special rules" and i suspect i wont be there from now on, its just full of people in pajama's and a big head running for a nobody team and taking all the glory.

At least everyone who came down for the weekend with me had a good time....Apart from an unnamed lad who threw up in the room i booked for him and has now got a massive bill.

Good effort Chaddy, hope u had a good weekend

i didnt have a good time, well i did until i the unnamed person was ralfing his guts up in our room!!

was a good doo, mike has texted me saying we will have to do it again!!

£6 for a pint of stella!?!?!?!?

..... Best in the Professional football league ranks though!!!!

Been looking up a little info on wacky macky .... seems he got his name as he's always wacked out on special K and has been busted by the Essex Police on more than one occasion. Not really a great roll model for the kids!

Bear4.jpg

..... Best in the Professional football league ranks though!!!!

Been looking up a little info on wacky macky .... seems he got his name as he's always wacked out on special K and has been busted by the Essex Police on more than one occasion. Not really a great roll model for the kids!

Bear4.jpg

might be the same guy who was offering lines to us this morning

i didnt know he was a scriptwriter as well!

Guest oa_exile
it's not just you there are indeed two chaddys

Sorry Arnoid you posted as i was writing a "Iv'e just spotted another" ^_^

"The Plot Thicken's"

From Diego on the other Chaddy thread

There were two Chaddies, which was confusing for the kids. Then it was explained straight from the Owl's beak that Chaddy's cousin 'Chadwell' from the USA was also running (Beardy coudn't be found at this point). The plan was for 'Chadwell', who was positioned half-way down the course, to run on and nobble whoever looked like stopping Chaddy. However, before the race started, 'Chadwell' was made to move towards the start.

Chaddy was winning easily and then he was overtaken in the final straight to finish second to No. 28 (a Sunderland guy running for Saffron Waldron Town FC - probably a ringer). However, when the official result was announced on the PA system, Chaddy wasn't in the first four!!!

Edited by jorvik_latic

"There were two Chaddies, which was confusing for the kids. Then it was explained straight from the Owl's beak that Chaddy's cousin 'Chadwell' from the USA was also running (Beardy coudn't be found at this point). The plan was for 'Chadwell', who was positioned half-way down the course, to run on and nobble whoever looked like stopping Chaddy. However, before the race started, 'Chadwell' was made to move towards the start."

Looks like cousin Chadwell had one to many cheeseburgers before the race.... watch him stop halfway and throw in the towel!!! Funnest thing I've seen in ages :D

It was no surprise to discover that Chadwell was an American cousin, as he was certainly a 'super-size' version of Chaddy. :wink:

I asked my four-year old son what was his favourite part of the day. He said "Meeting Chadwell". Move over Chaddy, there's a new hero in town :grin:

Thanks for clearing up the PA announcement Chaddy. Good to hear that mascot-power won though in the end. The problem was that the bookies paid out based on that announcement, so oafc_ok and I didn't get our pay-out for your second place.

On the way to Cheltenham I overtook a Dodsworth's coach bearing the slogan 'in a different class' - I thought that was the omen for a good result yesterday. :pray: However, it all started to go pear-shaped in Tailor's pub in Cheltenham. First my pint of Wadworth's 6X was off, so I had to replace it with Guinness. Later the electronic tills in the pub went down. The staff had to resort to jotting everything down in a notebook and using a calculator to add up the price of two drinks (education, education, education!). The change was given out from three drawers positioned on the floor behind the bar. Then the food failed to arrive and it took 80 minutes in total before we got it.

Then Crossley got injured early in the game and hobbled about like Long John Silver from then onwards. Our luck seemed to change with the penalty save, but no way - it had to be retaken!

Then the fiasco with the PA announcer/bookies at Huntingdon - what a bloody weekend! :angry:

At least my grandson has gained a new hero - Chadwell. :wink:

I dont know why they didnt pay you out Diego, they paid Mike out for his second place bet. I think is was only if you tried to collect AFTER they announced it. Thats why everyone kicked off about it.

As for Chadwell..........Thats the only time you will ever see us together.....especially if the kids preferred him to me :disappointed::angry::wink:

As for Chadwell..........Thats the only time you will ever see us together.....especially if the kids preferred him to me :disappointed::angry::wink:

It wasn't that my grandson preferred Chadwell to you Chaddy - you are still the kids' Champ - he appreciated the honour of meeting your cousin, who had taken the trouble to fly over from the States.

I spotted Chadwell after the race and asked him to put his head on before the kids saw him. Soon after he disappeared into the pavilion, my grandson saw a helicopter take off - it must have been taking Chadwell back to the airport. :grin:

"There were two Chaddies, which was confusing for the kids. Then it was explained straight from the Owl's beak that Chaddy's cousin 'Chadwell' from the USA was also running (Beardy coudn't be found at this point). The plan was for 'Chadwell', who was positioned half-way down the course, to run on and nobble whoever looked like stopping Chaddy. However, before the race started, 'Chadwell' was made to move towards the start."

Looks like cousin Chadwell had one to many cheeseburgers before the race.... watch him stop halfway and throw in the towel!!! Funnest thing I've seen in ages :D

The bar was open then!!