Ashworths out of business

Just as their pies were getting tasty, our pie supplier has gone out of business so were looking for new pie suppliers;

WHO ate all the pies? Well, judging by this picture, Latics chief executive Alan Hardy gave it a pretty good go.

He was one of a number of people getting stuck into the mouth-watering job of pie-tasting to find out who’d be top crust to create half-time snacks for Oldham Athletic fans.

The exercise to choose the Latics’ pie supplier took place at Boundary Park on Friday.

The winner will have their work cut out as the treats cooked up by previous supplier, Ashworth’s pies, were voted the best in League One by fans last year.

Sadly the company went into administration leaving the football club needing to find a new supplier — prompting the pie-tasting with a host of eager volunteers queuing up to ensure supporters get the best available.

They munched their way through 21 different types of pie created by three different suppliers.

After digesting the lot, the judges filled in ballot forms on each pie’s pedigree with fans now avidly awaiting the winner.

Bring back Pukka pies :applause1:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
They were getting there, since this new catering company took over they actually cooked them right.

I actually think that are worse this season than last , dry as a bone <_<

I actually think that are worse this season than last , dry as a bone <_<

The worst pie I ever had was an Ashworths, it was at the cheapo game v Northampton last season I think. It was like someone had snotted into some tinned Value chicken soup and poured it between two pieces of cardboard. And that was a cheese and onion

Guest oa_exile
The worst pie I ever had was an Ashworths, it was at the cheapo game v Northampton last season I think. It was like someone had snotted into some tinned Value chicken soup and poured it between two pieces of cardboard. And that was a cheese and onion

Think you will find that one is actually the Ashworth recipe for the Chicken and Onion :grin:

Just as their pies were getting tasty, our pie supplier has gone out of business so were looking for new pie suppliers;

Bring back Pukka pies :applause1:

I'm all for bringing Pukka Pies back. Those Ashworths ones were terrible. I had a meat and potato against Mansfield and the pastry was so salty I had to just take the top off and leave all the base and sides.

Now everybody. As a Connoisseur (Yes Diego that is the correct spelling) of the BP pies. I can honestly say that the Balti Chicken pie took a lot of beating. However if the board is looking for a replacement supplier I would like to suggest the Pork Pie Establishment of Skipton (Just above the canal). Who's pies are of the highest standard. With particular mention being made of their hot pork pies. You've never tasted gravy like it!!! Come on Oldham get proper pies in... Oh my God, I'm salivating at me desk.

As I Yorkshire lad I was converted to the joys of Hollands by my dear departed Lancastrian Gran. I can quite honestly say that they are the best Meat 'n' Tattie pie by a long way.... Fact! :imnotworthy: Can we follow Dales example and serve the pies with mushy peas?

'Udders used to do a top deal of a Hollands pie combined with a pint for the pricely sum of £2.50

'Udders used to do a top deal of a Hollands pie combined with a pint for the pricely sum of £2.50

Wouldn't that make the crust very soggy? :D

If it were a vote, it would be Holland's for me (as long as we served puddings as well) but you can't beat the pies I get from Darlington Market made by local butchers, Prest and Villiers Ltd.

Smiths of Castleton, Rochdale! Although Stanforth's of Skipton do make a brilliant pie!

And the beauty of getting a Standforths pie, is that you can nip to the Castle and have a nice pint of bitter to complement your Yorkshire fare...

I had one of them..... :censored: disgusting!!!