Ashworths out of business

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very poor - I'll get your coat for you :getmecoat:

If you want to see something really funny, watch the LaticsWorld Clip - "Gordon's World of Pies"?

It's over 10 minutes long and is a right laugh showing the sense of humour within the Club and The Chronicle. Well done to those involved and those who put it together.

It's worth a month's subscription to LaticsWorld on its own! :grin:

Right we've tried the rest (thought Ashworths were far superior to Pukka...a pie as hard crust not this stuff you can't hold in ya hand. if you want that kinda stuff it's meant for a plate and comes out of a tin, goes by the name of Fray Bentos) so now lets have the best and if quality means payin 20p more so be it....HOLLANDS PLEASE.. No need for pie tastin, none at all.

Right we've tried the rest (thought Ashworths were far superior to Pukka...a pie as hard crust not this stuff you can't hold in ya hand. if you want that kinda stuff it's meant for a plate and comes out of a tin, goes by the name of Fray Bentos) so now lets have the best and if quality means payin 20p more so be it....HOLLANDS PLEASE.. No need for pie tastin, none at all.

how about SWEENEY TODDS PIES. the meat would be made up of our old players disliked by the fans and chopped up and put into the pies. ALTERNATELY people could have something to eat before they go to the game and stuff the pies. LOL.

Guest oa_exile
how about SWEENEY TODDS PIES. the meat would be made up of our old players disliked by the fans and chopped up and put into the pies.

:applause1:

Thought i had been eating that variety this season :goggle:

If you want to see something really funny, watch the LaticsWorld Clip - "Gordon's World of Pies"?

It's over 10 minutes long and is a right laugh showing the sense of humour within the Club and The Chronicle. Well done to those involved and those who put it together.

It's worth a month's subscription to LaticsWorld on its own! :grin:

I've not signed up to that bit, but does it actually say who the contender companies are?

Hollands and Pukka might not be even in the "competition"!

I've not signed up to that bit, but does it actually say who the contender companies are?

Hollands and Pukka might not be even in the "competition"!

There are 4 (un-named) Companies and the 20 tasters sampled 4 varieties from each. Apparently, none of the cheese and onion ones were palatable and that suggests to me that Holland's weren't part of the competition since there's are normally good. I don't often eat C&O but I know my brother (who is a veggie) rates them highly.

Personally, I can't understand why vegetarians can't simply buy a steak pie and just eat the crust. :)

Guest oa_exile
Personally, I can't understand why vegetarians can't simply buy a steak pie and just eat the crust. :)

Thats a bit like a Chicken and Mushroom ....... "Save me yer Chicken since you dont want it" ^_^

Smiths of Castleton, Rochdale! Although Stanforth's of Skipton do make a brilliant pie!

And the beauty of getting a Standforths pie, is that you can nip to the Castle and have a nice pint of bitter to complement your Yorkshire fare...

OOOHHH Standforths steak and a pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord. Now thats living my friend.... :grin::grin::grin:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm,

Mushy peas? yer 'avin' a laff. . . . . . . . Meat n tater pie, chips and gravy - with a generous splash o vinegar. That's the ticket. :imnotworthy::sign0087:

You still out there in the Land of the rising Nissan or are you back in GB?

Edited by happyterryb

Oi! none of this Burton Beer malarky! One has to have standards, you know! Yes, still in Japan, which is a lager country. My moniker, kirinclassic, is the name of my least-unfavourite brew. Survive by mail-ordering Boddies - the best that one can do, and dreammmmmmmmm of meat n tater, chips and gravy.

As a horrible aside, and my contribution to worthless and 'orrible trivia - I feel obliged to confess that rice is one of the ket ingredients in most beers here.

The story gets worse, but methinks that should be saved for another thread.

Oi! none of this Burton Beer malarky! One has to have standards, you know! Yes, still in Japan, which is a lager country.

Japan? Ah so! The Toyota car plant comes within the B.A.L.L.S. area.

Beer has been brewed in Burton for a millennium. The monks who settled at the Benedictine monastery in the town (founded in 1002) discovered the excellent properties of the local water that percolates underground through gypsum beds, creating a liquid rich in calcium sulphate. This serves to maintain the balance of the beer, improves the conversion of starch to sugar and helps to create a clear and sharp drink.

None of this stuff grown in paddy fields.

P.S. Have you tried the new Marmite-flavoured rice cakes? :grin: