Ritchie Wellens

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

If Birmingham dont let us sign Killer, its not beyond the realms of possibility then Shez resigns him...

Edit: That isnt to say i want him at the club...

Edited by sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world
Get him back :grin:

Lol, my only problem with that is the fact that he left the club for money. If we do resign him, i hope its on no more he was on before he left.

Guest oa_exile

If we could get Richie back that would be fantastic news !

I'll send TTA an e mail to drop everything and get over and sign him Immediately :wink:

Guest oa_exile
Off back to Blackpool perhaps as Larry is looking for players on loan apparently.

Oi ! , stop trying to ruin my morning ! <_<

:grin:

Do you think he would go back to the Lashers ? ........... hope not :pray:

Oi ! , stop trying to ruin my morning ! <_<

Do you think he would go back to the Lashers ? ........... hope not :pray:

Get him back, simple as that.

Quality footballer and although he left us for more money, who gives a :censored:

I've left my employer twice to go for more money, thats the way the world is. Wellens KK midfield combo sounds nice to me. :D

Guest amoweb

Quality footballer and although he left us for more money, who gives a s***!

I've left my employer twice to go for more money, thats the way the world is. Wellens KK midfield combo sounds nice to me. :D

Wellens & KK could not play together.

I dont believe in players going back to previous clubs and even more so in Wellen's case. He had a massive head when he was here, imagine how big it would be if we asked him to come back.

Quote taken from a Donny Fan on their MB "he hasnt got the heart to battle it out on the pitch,when were doing well he looks a player,when we struggle hes the first one to dissapear." Sound familiar guys.

Edited by amoweb

Guest oa_exile
Sorry BUT a definate YES simply for chance to play in championship, his chances getting slimer to make it, for 3/4 of a season before they come back down. Hope that makes you feel better.

I understand the lure of the championship for him But my point is why didnt he sign for them close season then ?

I think its something to do with some History between Richie and the Lashers.

So to make me feel better i dont think he would even go back on loan ^_^

Quality footballer and although he left us for more money, who gives a s***!

Simple fact is we can't afford him. We were loath to go for a back-up keeper to Crossley before Saturday because money us tight. No way could we afford Richie's wages.

Guest oa_exile

I dont believe in players going back to previous clubs and even more so in Wellen's case. He had a massive head when he was here, imagine how big it would be if we asked him to come back.

Quote taken from a Donny Fan on their MB "he hasnt got the heart to battle it out on the pitch,when were doing well he looks a player,when we struggle hes the first one to dissapear." Sound familiar guys.

Richie's another one of them he you like or loathe him , i have always said "If Richie isnt playing then Latics arent".

In this case Amo i would have him back , i like Wellens so maybe a bit biased.

Also we would be doing him the favour by bringing him back so humble pie time for him me thinks.

Guest amoweb
Richie's another one of them he you like or loathe him , i have always said "If Richie isnt playing then Latics arent".

In this case Amo i would have him back , i like Wellens so maybe a bit biased.

Also we would be doing him the favour by bringing him back so humble pie time for him me thinks.

That guy will never ever eat humble pie, i agree with the you either like him or loathe him, I personally dont like the guy but i know others do.

He spent to much time moaning and chasing the ref when he should have been doing his job but then again i thought he was quality sometimes but the bad out weighed the good for me.

Edited by amoweb

Agree Amo

and the Wellens debate continues !!

Guest oa_exile
That guy will never ever eat humble pie, i agree with the you either like him or loathe him, I personally dont like the guy but i know others do.

He spent to much time moaning and chasing the ref when he should have been doing his job but then again i thought he was quality sometime but the bad out weighed the good for me.

Thats a fair comment but still does not sway me in the fact we should have never let him go in the first place.

Of all the coming's and goings' at the end of the season Wellens leaving was the biggest disappointment for me personally , i thought the club could and should have done more to keep him ......... i my humble opinion of course :grin:

Guest amoweb
Thats a fair comment but still does not sway me in the fact we should have never let him go in the first place.

Of all the coming's and goings' at the end of the season Wellens leaving was the biggest disappointment for me personally , i thought the club could and should have done more to keep him ......... i my humble opinion of course :grin:

I dont think we let him go, it was more of he Wanted to go. I expect the TTA & Shez did everything they could to keep him here, but how long can you flog a dead horse far, there comes a point when you just have to step back and say ok thats enough, Wellens wanted to go to the greener grass (and more money)somewhere else but as it turns out the grass isn't greener in Yorkshire.

Serves him right if you ask me he could have stayed and battled on with us, just like Porter could have done and they would both have been big fishes in our pond but they both saw the pound signs and off they went. But that just goes to show that there is no loyality in the game anymore.

Edited by amoweb

I dont think we let him go, it was more of he Wanted to go. I expect the TTA & Shez did everything they could to keep him here, but how long can you flog a dead horse far, there comes a point when you just have to step back and say ok thats enough, Wellens wanted to go to the greener grass (and more money)somewhere else but as it turns out the grass isn't greener in Yorkshire.

Serves him right if you ask me he could have stayed and battled on with us, just like Porter could have done and they would both have been big fishes in our pond but they both saw the pound signs and off they went.

I understand that there was a very good offer on the table for Richie from Latics but he was offered significantly more (25%) by Doncaster.

Not saying that was the main driver for Wellens but along with most, he probably thought they were a very good call for promotion. I'd like to see him back but I think he burned his bridges with the comments made on signing for Donny.

The club did everything they could to keep wellens.. They offered the money they could but its been said the 3 major reasons why Richie left was :

1. He got a Massive signing on fee as he left us on a free !!

2. He said that our fans expected too much from him and the team

3. He wanted to play with better players and Donny gave him that chance - BUT .. we didnt have Ricketts, Hughes or Davies then ...

ok we paid money for Allott and Davies but the monies involved in these signing are minimal compared to the monies other teams paid .. I'd also go as far as saying that the combined salaries of these said players would not be more than RW would have been.

Guest amoweb
isn't everyone getting a bit carried away here....

this "story" was in the sun FFS!!! :laught16:

We are passing the time of very slow morning with the subject of Ritchie Wellens.....

I am sat here in my ivory tower with very little to do, unless somebody wants to give me some business and the Lazy, Bone Idle Posty want to go back to work.

Edited by amoweb

isn't everyone getting a bit carried away here....

this "story" was in the sun FFS!!! :laught16:

Thing is, if The Sun have a story on a top player, they can expect their sales to rise. A two liner on Wellens won't see them sell more papers. Must be a little something in it.

Guest oa_exile
We are passing the time of very slow morning with the subject of Ritchie Wellens.....

I am sat here in my ivory tower with very little to do, unless somebody wants to give me some business and the Lazy, Bone Idle Posty want to go back to work.

lol :grin: agree 100% mate , The Sun or not ! .................. right what were ya saying about Wellens :angry:

(takes me away from the boring :sleeping: subject of Ricketts and how loud is the Chaddy :wink: )

Johnny shut up :tongue1:

Guest oa_exile
Thing is, if The Sun have a story on a top player, they can expect their sales to rise. A two liner on Wellens won't see them sell more papers. Must be a little something in it.

Aye , but its enough for 26 posts to date on OWTB though ^_^

Guest amoweb
Aye , but its enough for 26 posts to date on OWTB though ^_^

and all before 10:30. Everyone must be having a slow morning...