Ritchie Wellens

We don't have a match for a while now either so there isn't going to be anything new to talk about accept maybe injury's so why not get carried away with wild speculation??

I say bring him back.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
I'd like to see him back but I think he burned his bridges with the comments made on signing for Donny.

I didnt smell any smoke when he was sat behind me at the pre season Wendies game at BP :wink:

Get him back :grin:

I'll be the first to volunteer, entirely at my own cost, to go and pick him up if he needs a lift back. In fact I'll carry him back.

Be MIGHTY surprised if he did want to come back.

Wellens & KK could not play together.

I dont believe in players going back to previous clubs and even more so in Wellen's case. He had a massive head when he was here, imagine how big it would be if we asked him to come back.

Quote taken from a Donny Fan on their MB "he hasnt got the heart to battle it out on the pitch,when were doing well he looks a player,when we struggle hes the first one to dissapear." Sound familiar guys.

Why can't Wellens and KK play together?

I don't see why they can't.

Someone tell me why they can't? :blink:

Guest oa_exile
Why can't Wellens and KK play together?

I don't see why they can't.

Someone tell me why they can't? :blink:

Due to that fact that they are both attacking Midfielders , we could always stick KK on the wing in place of Lid's though :wink:

Guest sheridans_world
Due to that fact that they are both attacking Midfielders , we could always stick KK on the wing in place of Lid's though :wink:

Play Taylor in the middle with Wellens and Davies on the left? :grin:

What is wrong with havin 2 attacking midfielders Exile?

In this funny old game having 2 players attacking from central mifield could actually work!

Guest oa_exile
What is wrong with havin 2 attacking midfielders Exile?

In this funny old game having 2 players attacking from central mifield could actually work!

What and still have two wingers :shock: suicide ?

I know we had the attitude of "we will score more than them" but ............. :)

I would love to see it Mate B) BUT i just cant see it working :disappointed:

Thats just not true...

Wellen is a midfielder...he has both defensive and attacking parts to his game....

You could play them both together no problems....

Thats just not true...

Wellen is a midfielder...he has both defensive and attacking parts to his game....

Sorry but it wouldn't work its the same reason why Gerrard and Lampard can't play together and they have both attacking and defensive sides to their game. I rate Wellens don't get me wrong I can't say I really have anything against him for leaving to Donny for more money either. Football is a short career and they have to make the most of it. But if we were to get in someonelse now i think other areas of the team would need strengthening apart from a goalkeeper at the moment we could do witha a full time left back, or left sided midfielder. A highly paid player competing in a position where we already have 4 players should not be what we should be looking for at the moment.

Guest oa_exile

That is not my point oafc000 , all midfielders must be able to do both , a midfielder is the heart beat of the team.

If a midfielder is playing well or playing poorly it has a bearing on the whole teams performance.

............. now back to your comment

It is true that Wellens has the ability to do both jobs (and that is what i like about him) BUT his main influence on the game is going forward.

I just feel that playing Wellens and KK together will leave us wide open in the defensive areas , maybe three in midfield with JP as the defensive anchor ?

As i posted before i would be interested to see them both together , what an exciting partnership that would make.

Thats just not true...

have to agree... our memories are very short.. does everyone not remember Wellens playing the more defensive role whilst Gary mac (version 1 - pre ability breakdown) bombed forward and dis did the box to box stuff???... Killer could play that role... or both playing a more 2 way game....

personally I dont for the life of me think Wellens will come back... and any move for wellens, may see kilkenny go back to brum to free the wages.... for me Richie did not burn any bridges when he left - he was open about his desire to move on if the right offer came in, and we cant stand in the way if more money comes from elsewhere...

At least I would be able to wear my 3rd strip with Wellens' name on once more!

.... for me Richie did not burn any bridges when he left - he was open about his desire to move on if the right offer came in, and we cant stand in the way if more money comes from elsewhere...

And yet Porter (not necessarily by you Big Fin) is considered a disloyal scum bag for looking for more money and a chance at 'the big time' !?!?

Fickle world isn't it?!

And yet Porter (not necessarily by you Big Fin) is considered a disloyal scum bag for looking for more money and a chance at 'the big time' !?!?

Fickle world isn't it?!

I dislike Wellens and Porter as people....greedy disloyal buggers....

Still have them back in a heart beat :P

:)

Edited by oafc0000

Fickle world isn't it?!

You really can't see the difference between the way Porter moved to Motherwell and Richie going to Doncaster?!

That is not my point oafc000 , all midfielders must be able to do both , a midfielder is the heart beat of the team.

If a midfielder is playing well or playing poorly it has a bearing on the whole teams performance.

............. now back to your comment

It is true that Wellens has the ability to do both jobs (and that is what i like about him) BUT his main influence on the game is going forward.

I just feel that playing Wellens and KK together will leave us wide open in the defensive areas , maybe three in midfield with JP as the defensive anchor ?

As i posted before i would be interested to see them both together , what an exciting partnership that would make.

lol

Make ur mind up, in one breath you say it wouldnt work and then you was you would like to see it and it would be exciting :P :lol:

I think Wellens would be fine playing defensive leaving KK to push further on....

Gemma,

The difference between Lamps/Gerrard situtaion and this is that nither Gerrard or Lampard WILL stay back.....both push on...

Wellens has played as a defensive midfield for us on many occasion.

Edited by oafc0000

You really can't see the difference between the way Porter moved to Motherwell and Richie going to Doncaster?!

Your right.... there is a difference.

Richie moved in the same league, to a team with no better players and no better chance at moving himself up in the grand scheme, for money.

Porter moved to a better league (at it's highest level admittedly) with the chance to play his way into the Champions League, for more money.

You are right, I'd not noticed it before... WELLENS was more 'in the wrong' than Porter!!! They're not the same after all!

Funny ol' world.

Fickle world isn't it?!

Its already been said, but there was a world of difference - I hope you are playing devils advocate my friend!

Its an old arguement... but here we go again... Richie was clear in the press constantly that it would be very hard for him to stay at oldham, he kept in contact with the management, and they released in sync reports saying similar things... which ever club he moved to is irrelevant, we couldnt match the money, and he moved to secure more money for his family and future.... but the club were prepared for him leaving...

Now... using your agent to spread rumour, promising one thing and doing another... and basically just being a secretive, misleading scumbag is a totally different matter... I never really had any bitterness about who porter went to - it was the way it was done...

Ask yourself this, Richie has been seen in the stands a couple of times, and the fans have allowed him to be there, with a jokey acceptance.... shows that most thought he did right for himself and the club... do you think Mr P would get a similar sort of reception if he sat in the stands...??

There may not be too much difference, but its all about how you handle yourself...