Planning Officer's Recommendations on Planning Applications for Redevopment of BP

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skimmed throught the planning documents at work...id be really dissapointed if this doesnt go through now - i really think a new stadium will give the whole club a lift and redeveloping the current one means we will have a new stadium with at least a bit of character still - looking forward to moving into a new chaddy end in a few years time fingers crossed:)

Good try Lees :grin: but BATS don't have feathers in the nest (winky thingy) *Pedant mode off. I personally think he harvested the droppings and is marketing it as 'Giants Caviar' at the Galpharm. But he's been rumbled.

the seats should be blue and tangerine surely.

and those who will be in the new main stand will have a cracking view of the new scoreboard/telly thingy.

maybe we need to run onto the pitch to meatloaf from now on then.cwt

In skimming through the document - the one thing I have picked out is the Highways Agencies "Holding Direction" which requires the Local Planning Authority to hold any decision on the on the proposal for a period of 2 months from the 9th September to allow more time to assess it.

So maybe it wont be the full green light next week after all then ?

In skimming through the document - the one thing I have picked out is the Highways Agencies "Holding Direction" which requires the Local Planning Authority to hold any decision on the on the proposal for a period of 2 months from the 9th September to allow more time to assess it.

So maybe it wont be the full green light next week after all then ?

I think that's aleady been covered with the discussions which Alan Hardy mentioned at the Q & A session. He said discussions were taking place with the Highways Agency and that was why the Planning committee was delaying consideration of the Planning Applications until the October meeting.

I would expect a condition to be attached to the planning permission regarding any issues which may still be outstanding from those discussions.

The last time Mrs. Sideburns and I attended the Civic Centre it was for the Creditors' Meeting in the Council Chamber, when we were in the process of coming out of Administration.

Therefore we think it only fitting that we make the effort to go again - this time to the Crompton Suite on 17th October at 6.00pm to listen to the debate on the Planning Applications.

So, while you're all reflecting on England's performance against Russia on the plastic pitch (how appropriate that is on Latics' D-Day) (kick-off 4.00pm), we're prepared to represent you all at the Planning Committee Meeting and get back to you with the decisions ASAP! It will take us nearly two hours to get home, which is too long for you to wait for the news. Therefore we need to be able to text the Planning Committee's decisions to someone on OWTB, who can guarantee being at a keyboard from 6.00pm onwards next Wednesday.

If the member of the Moderating Team, who will be on duty that night, would PM me with his mobile number, then Mrs. Sideburns will text him the news so that he can make the (hopefully historic) announcement - let's try to beat the official site! :devilish:

Arrangements have now been made.

P.S. She will also text Latics_and_England to break the news to our contingent in Moscow. :England::bluearmy:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Guest oa_exile
If the member of the Moderating Team, who will be on duty that night, would PM me with his mobile number, then Mrs. Sideburns will text him the news so that he can make the (hopefully historic) announcement - let's try to beat the official site! :devilish:

Cheers D_S , i will check on whose available and will come back to you on this.

The last time Mrs. Sideburns and I attended the Civic Centre it was for the Creditors' Meeting in the Council Chamber, when we were in the process of coming out of Administration.

Therefore we think it only fitting that we make the effort to go again - this time to the Crompton Suite on 17th October at 6.00pm to listen to the debate on the Planning Applications.

So, while you're all reflecting on England's performance against Russia on the plastic pitch (how appropriate that is on Latics' D-Day) (kick-off 4.00pm), we're prepared to represent you all at the Planning Committee Meeting and get back to you with the decisions ASAP! It will take us nearly two hours to get home, which is too long for you to wait for the news. Therefore we need to be able to text the Planning Committee's decisions to someone on OWTB, who can guarantee being at a keyboard from 6.00pm onwards next Wednesday.

Arrangements have now been made.

P.S. She will also text Latics_and_England to break the news to our contingent in Moscow. :England::bluearmy:

Maybe the OWTB hierarchy should purchase you a Blackberry so you can post to the official site on the fly :grin:

Maybe the OWTB hierarchy should purchase you a Blackberry so you can post to the official site on the fly :grin:

If planning is given, you could always divert via BP and start demolishing the Lookers Stand whilst your good lady scares the bats away!

Edited by Alec1954

If planning is given, you could always divert via BP and start demolishing the Lookers Stand whilst your good lady scares the bats away!

Are you saying Mrs. Sideburns frightens bats? That's a criminal offence - don't let the Ramblers hear you say that about her. Anyway, she was watching bats through the window of our house last week and they didn't look scared! :grin:

Are you saying Mrs. Sideburns frightens bats? That's a criminal offence - don't let the Ramblers hear you say that about her. Anyway, she was watching bats through the window of our house last week and they didn't look scared! :grin:

Am I the only one that feels sorry for the bats :P Maybe we could make them some sort place to stay in the roof the stand ?? :P

On a more serious note, wouldnt it make sense (now i know some would disagree, and find it hard to get there) To go to the Civic and watch the future unfold?

Why dont we all go en masse go to the Civic at 5pm, and take up the seats.

Obviously not wearing club colours, but to observe????

On a more serious note, wouldnt it make sense (now i know some would disagree, and find it hard to get there) To go to the Civic and watch the future unfold?

Why dont we all go en masse go to the Civic at 5pm, and take up the seats.

Obviously not wearing club colours, but to observe????

That's not a bad idea, I'd go myself if I could get there for 5 after work. I might see if my dad can make it. He did sign the petition in the ground after all :unsure:

I know you're all sensible folk (well I think you are anyway) but if you do go en masse to the council meeting please dont open your mouths. You'll get chucked out and might pish off any undecided councillors!

Spot on that and Beardy was right in saying turn up early but not in Club Colours. It would be stupid to influence any decision in a negative way at this late stage. Whatever the outcome, there will be both happy and unhappy people when the decision is announced and it won't be a time for larging it. Save that for the Pub afterwards! :grin:

It will possibly be a moment of Latics history and it certainly appeals to me to make the effort and get there.