Huddersfield next week

Trains aren't running from greenfield cos of engineering works. I believe it's going on for a week or so. There is however a rail replacement bus to marsden (the next stop) and a train from there. It won't take too much longer. That's what i'll be doing.

Top pub in Marsden the Riverhead Brewery, right in the village centre. Real ale if that's your kinda thing or normal lagers if that's your bag. Also next to the railway station is the Railway Inn. However the Riverhead Brewery is highly recommended! :drinking:

Top pub in Marsden the Riverhead Brewery, right in the village centre. Real ale if that's your kinda thing or normal lagers if that's your bag. Also next to the railway station is the Railway Inn. However the Riverhead Brewery is highly recommended! :drinking:

I had the Riverhead down to spend a couple of hours when I was Best Man for a Leeds - Manchester circular railway crawl, but we didn't bother as the Stag had already stormed off home by that point. I am told it's a very good pub though, as are many along those railway lines.

Cheers! Mrs. Sideburns is doing some family history research in Marsden on Saturday morning. It may involve checking out where her ancestors used to drink. :wink: