The draw for the 1st round of the F.A. Cup is on 27th November.

If we get Burton Albion, we'll need to be at our best to beat them if they reproduce their form of last Saturday when they beat Aldershot. They're unbeaten in 13 league games.

Erm.....so they'll be doing the 1st Round draw, 17 days after we're meant to play the fixture itself? :grin: That's a new concept for the FA Cup DS....I wish they'd stop messing about with things :wink:

Regarding Stalybridge, I got to that game. Left at 4-0.....was a bit baffled by the team selection. They played a 4-3-2-1 with Lee Ellington upfront, with Chris Hall and Matty Barlow behind. Barlow didn't touch the ball all game. Hall made a few runs but such woeful link up play never saw a ball played for him. Just to Ellington who looked like he'd never played a strikers role before.....I just couldn't understand playing Hall and Taylor in that system.

As for the goals, the first was a penalty. Don't know the name of the 'Bridge defender who fouled for the pen (it was one tho) but it was more down to Carlos Roca playing another loose ball to the oppo which left the defence stretched. The 2nd goal, a Workington player pushed the ball over the line with his hand. The 3rd was a most ridiculous gk fumble you'll ever see! 2 goals utterly needless and 1 shouldn't have counted. Can't argue with the 4th and didn't see the 5th. Was quite disappointing though as I expected a cracker of a game, which would be fairly close (as was 'Bridges narrow 1-0 defeat away at Workington in the league, a month or two ago.) Oh well....

Personally, would now love either Dale or Stockport! Or even Macc.....amazingly, I've still yet to get to Moss Road!

Edited by boundaryblue80

It has to be Rushall Olympic given their proximity to Chasetown and Hednesford

When I was driving back from Walsall last week through Rushall, the Chairman of Rushall Olympic was on BBC Radio WM. He said:

if they beat so and so

and then if they win the next qualifying round

and then if they get drawn against a league team

and if they get televised live

and then if they win the league

and then.....etc, etc.

In his dreams he had them playing League football eventually and going up through the divisions - talk about ambition!

The realistic part of his ambitions was when he said his club aimed to do a Chasetown, acknowledging that Chasetown F.C. has never looked back since getting the live TV exposure against Latics.

So I think meatpaste is right....it's destined to be Rushall Olympic. :grin:

When I was driving back from Walsall last week through Rushall, the Chairman of Rushall Olympic was on BBC Radio WM. He said:

if they beat so and so

and then if they win the next qualifying round

and then if they get drawn against a league team

and if they get televised live

and then if they win the league

and then.....etc, etc.

In his dreams he had them playing League football eventually and going up through the divisions - talk about ambition!

The realistic part of his ambitions was when he said his club aimed to do a Chasetown, acknowledging that Chasetown F.C. has never looked back since getting the live TV exposure against Latics.

So I think meatpaste is right....it's destined to be Rushall Olympic. :grin:

Sounds as though he's a true supporter! I think lots of us do the same every year. I've just got to the point where Latics are loaning out some promising youngsters to Real Madrid.

Edited by LaticsPete

Guest oa_exile
You don't know me too well :wink: Nah, had a lift on offer and well, with 10mins to go, 4-0 down and with England kicking off not long after....the lift became the priority!

lol :grin: know you well enough that it would get a what ,when, where ,why and the colour of your under crackers response from ya :wink:

Think you know me well enough to know it was a joke ^_^

The draw for the 1st round of the F.A. Cup is on 27th October.

If we get Burton Albion, we'll need to be at our best to beat them if they reproduce their form of last Saturday when they beat Aldershot. They're unbeaten in 13 league games.

Make that 14 games after a 3-3 draw at Stevenage tonight to go second.