Shez thinks we were excellent in the first half

Taylor needs a month in the reserves.

We were in control in the first half, should have won it from there. Killer shouldnt have taken the extra few touches.

Betrand looked off colour after his telling off.

Cant wait fro Rico and Hughesy to be fit again

Wolfy played well.

Deane Smalley fit again.

LOOK ON THE BRIGHTSIDE - WE DIDNT LOOSE AND WE ONLY HAD ONE FIRST TEAM STRIKER ON THE PITCH!!

What Bright side?

We should have buried what was after all a mediocre side at the best.

Huddersfield were there for the taking. They offered nothing until we let them back into the game in the second half and isn't Wolfy a first team striker in many peoples eyes, including mine... If we really want promotion this season then we should beat teams like that Home AND Away..:mainstand:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
What Bright side?

We should have buried what was after all a mediocre side at the best.

Huddersfield were there for the taking. They offered nothing until we let them back into the game in the second half and isn't Wolfy a first team striker in many peoples eyes, including mine... If we really want promotion this season then we should beat teams like that Home AND Away..:mainstand:

See the moaners are in abundance today...

Is one point better than no points...... errr.... YES

Is scoring a goal better than scoring no goals.....errrr.... YES

Did we create enough CHANCES to put the game away (that had we had two first team strikers on we might have scored)...errr... YES

Did we have a goalkeeper who hasnt even trained with our team ... err... YES

Did we only have one first team striker on the pitch... errr... YES (See above about chances)

All the factors cannot be thrown to one side, we have a keeper who doesnt know his defence, we have two FIRST TEAM strikers out (Wolfy is NOT first team, playing in the first team is different to having 50 first team games under your belt), we got a point away from home, we scored.

Why can't people see this as a positive? Yes we should have won, yes Huddersfield were there for the taking but we didnt win. Get over it, take the positives and MOVE ON! We should be looking at Donny tommorow now. Saying right well Taylor should be dropped, wonder if Hughesy will be on the bench etc etc. Not brood on something that has been and gone.

I know that going into tommorows game I will be more confident in Beresford because he will atleast had chance to say hello to his captain and fellow defenders before he plays a game. I know that Rico will be back, I know that Craig Davies will be as goal hungry as ever after scoring a cracker on Saturday.

Did we create enough CHANCES to put the game away (that had we had two first team strikers on we might have scored)...errr... YES

Did we only have one first team striker on the pitch... errr... YES (See above about chances)

All the factors cannot be thrown to one side, we have a keeper who doesnt know his defence, we have two FIRST TEAM strikers out (Wolfy is NOT first team, playing in the first team is different to having 50 first team games under your belt), we got a point away from home, we scored.

Why can't people see this as a positive? Yes we should have won, yes Huddersfield were there for the taking but we didnt win. Get over it, take the positives and MOVE ON! We should be looking at Donny tommorow now. Saying right well Taylor should be dropped, wonder if Hughesy will be on the bench etc etc. Not brood on something that has been and gone.

I know that going into tommorows game I will be more confident in Beresford because he will atleast had chance to say hello to his captain and fellow defenders before he plays a game. I know that Rico will be back, I know that Craig Davies will be as goal hungry as ever after scoring a cracker on Saturday.

Bloomin eck don't try and baffle them with a bit of positive thinking, let alone logic.

Oh and you could have added we're only 10 games in, 36 to go, waht is it 9 off the play offs, wow how will we ever make that up in 36 games.

Oh and Prozac re Kilkenny

I'll be honest I wasn't keen on re-signing Kilkenny and I've been proved right in the respect that I just don't think the guy has improved in the two seasons he's been back at Brum, much as I hate to admit it Wellens is a far better player in the respect he keeps the ball

How, on the number of games we've played, never mind how many KK has played can you say with such confidence "I've been proved right"? Give the lad a flamin chance.

Wellens going isn't the problem, I mean in that staggering run at the end of last season Wellens continually took every game he played by the scruff of the neck, he got hold of that ball and kept it he pure dominated it as we won time and agai...... ah no he didn't did he? More like Wellens MIA when it came to the crunch last season, when we really needed him.

Now I'm all for taking the positives out of any situation but at the same time we can't be blind to the reality of the situation that we are 20th and looking ordinary. If your satisfied with what you saw on saturday then fair enough. I'm not we can do better and if we harbour any hopes of getting the play offs we need to wake up and realise the season is on because at the moment our hopes of making the top 6 which is what we should be aiming for are sliding away. We really should of imposed ourselves on that second half and we didn't and it cost us.

Guest sheridans_world
Now I'm all for taking the positives out of any situation but at the same time we can't be blind to the reality of the situation that we are 20th and looking ordinary. If your satisfied with what you saw on saturday then fair enough. I'm not we can do better and if we harbour any hopes of getting the play offs we need to wake up and realise the season is on because at the moment our hopes of making the top 6 which is what we should be aiming for are sliding away. We really should of imposed ourselves on that second half and we didn't and it cost us.

Personally i wouldnt have had the two week break, before that we had looked good against Leeds and scored six in two vs. Walsall and Crewe...

Why can't people see this as a positive? Yes we should have won, yes Huddersfield were there for the taking but we didnt win. Get over it, take the positives and MOVE ON!

I only remember 2 chances apart from the goal all game, Hazells header and Kilkennys chance.

They on the other hand could of had 3 or 4 if it wasnt for Beresford.

That's why I think we should look back. How, in a game lacking even the most basic of skill, can we have come away having had less shots!?

We played hoof football for 55 minutes to three of the worst headers of the ball I've seen! As bad as Taylor was and as bad as Liddle was, what do you, we, Shez want them to do? Grow 6inches in the warm up!?

Tactically we were shocking on Saturday. This is not a call for Shez to go by any stretch, I think any manager given less than 3 seasons has no chance anyway, but it should be a wake up call and one which involves a lot of looking back to see what's gone wrong!

Personally i wouldnt have had the two week break, before that we had looked good against Leeds and scored six in two vs. Walsall and Crewe...

We looked solid in defence against Leeds but going forward we were clueless.. no threat whatsoever, same thing has cost us wins at Cheltenham and Huddersfield.

We looked solid in defence against Leeds but going forward we were clueless.. no threat whatsoever, same thing has cost us wins at Cheltenham and Huddersfield.

i am not saying we should get rid of shez or anything like that coz that would be stupid who else would we get anyway but some people just keep coming up with excuse(one fit striker team needs to gel etc etc) if we had performed how we have this season under warnock talbot or moore people would be calling for the managers head but for some reason a lot of people on here seem to think that sheridan is a god on here and can do no wrong

Bloomin eck don't try and baffle them with a bit of positive thinking, let alone logic.

Oh and you could have added we're only 10 games in, 36 to go, waht is it 9 off the play offs, wow how will we ever make that up in 36 games.

No the bad run like it or not stems from New Years, different group of players yes but same type of performances. In 30 league games we've won 10. Pisspoor!

Oh and Prozac re Kilkenny

How, on the number of games we've played, never mind how many KK has played can you say with such confidence "I've been proved right"? Give the lad a flamin chance. I've been proved right by the fact thyat like last time he goes missing in away games. He should have ran that game on Saturday but chose to be anonymous.

Wellens going isn't the problem, I mean in that staggering run at the end of last season Wellens continually took every game he played by the scruff of the neck, he got hold of that ball and kept it he pure dominated it as we won time and agai...... ah no he didn't did he? More like Wellens MIA when it came to the crunch last season, when we really needed him.

The problem with Wellens and Kilkenny is they both have massive egos, both spit their dummies out when all is not well and neither is truly a team player. I wasn't that sorry to see Richie leave, in two years here he probably had 10 games where he stood out. My biggest gripe with KK and Shez is that we played all of pre-season with Allott and JP and were beginning to look good, not outstanding but we were keeping posession, playing it wide and playing it on the deck to Ricketts and Davies, then we sign Kilkenny, suddenly we're very one dimensional with a midfield that is 40 yards away from its attackers. We look like the team that almost went down in 04/05 - who was the midfield talisman in that team? Is it a coincidence that probably our best two performances, 2nd half at Accrington and away at Walsall were without Kilkenny? I'll take workmanlike over posing midfield maestros any day.

Edited by Ackey

if we had performed how we have this season under warnock talbot or moore people would be calling for the managers head but for some reason a lot of people on here seem to think that sheridan is a god on here and can do no wrong

The difference is that people can forgive a lot more as Shez is honest, likeable, and does not slag the fans off.

The problem with Wellens and Kilkenny is they both have massive egos, both spit their dummies out when all is not well and neither is truly a team player. I wasn't that sorry to see Richie leave, in two years here he probably had 10 games where he stood out. My biggest gripe with KK and Shez is that we played all of pre-season with Allott and JP and were beginning to look good, not outstanding but we were keeping posession, playing it wide and playing it on the deck to Ricketts and Davies, then we sign Kilkenny, suddenly we're very one dimensional with a midfield that is 40 yards away from its attackers. We look like the team that almost went down in 04/05 - who was the midfield talisman in that team? Is it a coincidence that probably our best two performances, 2nd half at Accrington and away at Walsall were without Kilkenny? I'll take workmanlike over posing midfield maestros any day.

Well said!

Somone said above that Liddell should play in the centre, thats all well and good he would be able to play good balls through but it's clear he does not have the legs to play centre midfield it would need to be 3 playing behind him in the middle like we did pre-season and with Eardley and Bertrand pushing on down the wings - there both fit young kids and should be able to get up and down the wings - with either Allot or JP dropping back and covering in defence for when the full backs push up.

Shez seemed to manage alright for 2 seasons with knackered knees. He had a good engine alongside him though in the forms of Carss and Murray.

I have said this loads of times but a Wigan supporting mate told me 2 years ago that Lidds best position was playing in the hole behind the strikers. We've never (as far as I can remember) used him in that role, and I reckon tomorrow night would be the perfect time to try it.

I have said this loads of times but a Wigan supporting mate told me 2 years ago that Lidds best position was playing in the hole behind the strikers. We've never (as far as I can remember) used him in that role, and I reckon tomorrow night would be the perfect time to try it.

We used him in that role successfully in some pre-season games.

We used him in that role successfully in some pre-season games.

I'll bow to your knowledge there DS because I only saw the Dale and Weds games. I certainly don't think we've used him in that role in a competitive game though.

Worth a stab surely?

I'll bow to your knowledge there DS because I only saw the Dale and Weds games. I certainly don't think we've used him in that role in a competitive game though.

Worth a stab surely?

......However the answer is staring us in the face. The midfield and attack are too far apart, so if we continue to play in the style (???) we have done so far this season, we neeed a link man, someone to play in the hole. Well the most gifted player at the club could be the problem solved......................Andy Liddell. Push him into the middle, with him dropping off, I'm sure we will see a difference, why not experiment at Donny, nowt to lose.

It was me that suggested playing Lidds in the hole to try and close the chasm between midfield and attack. Lidds has played in the hole before, notably at home to Northampton last season when Shez changed things around in the second half and on another couple occasions too. More often than not though it has been a 'reactive' move rather than pro-active, and there is Shez's problem sometimes. Too often tactically he is the comfort zone. both with his team selections and setting out his stall.

Edited by oafcprozac

Of course, you didn't do any of that in October 2005 over Ronnie though eh, Stipe? Oh noooooooo!!! :grin:

Trouble is BB too many people had their own agenda re: Ronnie Moore, because the clique didn't like him he had to go. Personally I thought he was hard done by, I wasn't his biggest fan but I renewed my season ticket anyway as I have always said that no matter what no man is bigger than the club. I would have given him at least until Christmas last season. If we were still underachieving then get rid. It is ironic that it was mainly his team that got to the Play Offs and tailed off in exactly the same way as the year before. So was it the players lack of desire rather than the manager's shortcomings? Even more ironic is the great start Tranmere have had with pretty much the same squad as last year. Yes they may fade again but so did we last season and this year has been a nightmare for us so far, would we have progressed under Ronnie in year two? Have we progressed under Shez in year 2? Only smarties have the answer............................

Looked good against Leeds? You mean, not testing their GK once and defending against a strike-pair that only met when they boarded the coach for the trip over the Pennines? Oh, and you mentioned earlier that we took a point away from home....wouldn't be quite as bad, if we had the home form backing up the 1pts away from home. Things are wrong....and Shez saying anything about Saturday was excellent, is extremely worrying! Nothing was excellent....well, apart from the only decent move of the game for the goal......their goal!

The difference is that people can forgive a lot more as Shez is honest, likeable, and does not slag the fans off.

In otherwords, any manager with brutal honesty (we slag fans off all the time for living over past glories/dark ages etc) over honesty, needs his head cutting off! Anyway, don't worry, Shez ain't slagged the fans off but I know last season he made a few enemies with the Journo's!(Esp. after Crewe away!) It won't be long before they remind him of some of his after match comments at them, if he doesn't see what's going wrong and change it.

......However the answer is staring us in the face. The midfield and attack are too far apart, so if we continue to play in the style (???) we have done so far this season, we neeed a link man, someone to play in the hole. Well the most gifted player at the club could be the problem solved......................Andy Liddell. Push him into the middle, with him dropping off, I'm sure we will see a difference, why not experiment at Donny, nowt to lose.

It was me that suggested playing Lidds in the hole to try and close the chasm between midfield and attack. Lidds has played in the hole before, notably at home to Northampton last season when Shez changed things around in the second half and on another couple occasions too. More often than not though it has been a 'reactive' move rather than pro-active, and there is Shez's problem sometimes. Too often tactically he is the comfort zone. both with his team selections and setting out his stall.

I've been saying it for months.... :wink:

Edited by boundaryblue80

I've been saying it for months.... :wink:

shez's legendary status is only for playing,not managing.

in that role he is nowhere near legendary,but in a few years time he could be.

its one thing managing the reserves or youth team,but its a whole new ball game managing experienced players with egos and there own idea's of what should happen.

the never say die spirit has gone and there is no fire in there bellies,we have gone from playing fast paced flowing football,a trademark of sheridans playing days,into hoof ball.lobbing the ball upto a striker who was a good 6 inches shorter than the defenders.

in short we suck...........how long will it take shez to have a go at the fans once we start getting booed off at half time and fulltime playing rank football???

The anti shez comments are slowly building pace arent they.... Fans who think they know everything pointing out Shezs short commings.... Just like to say to you all it was you lot that put him in the job! All you prats that didnt renew season tickets and forced the club to act. Its your man in there so bloody start backing him. No doubt the fickle amongst you will now claim you actually loved ronnie and you was his biggest fan...nad you was never quite happy with shez getting the job.....

We have to give him a fair crack at the whip. Even if that means spending the rest of the season in or around the relegation zone (although I doubt we will finish much lower than mid table). I think christmas will be our turning point, hopefully Hughes will start contributing and the team will be more seattled and maybe the addtion/changing of a few more players. The sqaud is very different than last year and its going to take some time and effort to get it sorted.... For christ sake can we please be patient for once! If we had stuck by Ronnie would be in this postion now ?? Going off what is happening at tranemre i doubt that...

Edited by oafc0000