GOOD NEWS FOR SOME

I witnessed a theft tonight. This was the theft of drummer boys drum. He was in the car park and had just put the boot in his car when some little kid (bwt 12-14) wearing a Doncaster shirt picked it up and legged it. No-one even chased him, anyway somehow i don't think we will be hearing the drum on saturday.

and we were absolutely poo tonight and wasnt happy with only 4 players clapping the fans that bothered to go at the end.

Edited by Lordy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
I witnessed a theft tonight. This was the theft of drummer boys drum. He was in the car park and had just put the boot in his car when some little kid (bwt 12-14) wearing a Doncaster shirt picked it up and legged it. No-one even chased him, anyway somehow i don't think we will be hearing the drum on saturday.

and we were absolutely poo tonight and wasnt happy with only 4 players clapping the fans that bothered to go at the end.

You mean to say that a 12 year old kid stole it with a group of 14 and 15 year olds looking on?

:laught16::applause1:

Brilliant!

Now let me make it clear that i dont condone stealing, its not good. But after the attitude of the 'drummer boy' and his cronies tonight, i'm just glad the drums gone. Its a shame its gone this way and i do mean it whole-heartedly, i would rather he came to his senses, put it to one side for six months and tried again near the end of the season. Either that or listened to other peoples opinions but anyway, thats now not the case unfortunatley.

Edited by sheridans_world

That guy ran past me on the other side of the road and I actually said to my mate I hadn't heard a drum in the Doncaster end!

Not a great loss imo as tonight he just banged it WAY too loud for the number of people there which drowned out any singing and also he drummed over other peoples songs to change it to something he wanted to sing. At big away games like Huddersfield a drum is a good idea (when it is at a reasonable pace and used appropriately!), but with small away followings it is just a nuisance.

PS. Why didn't anyone run after him lol?!

I think the drum did help a bit tonight because it would have been much harder to make noise with only so few of us there.

Not so sure about that. It helped when nobody was singing as it at least created some sort of atmosphere, but when he briefly stopped more people began to join in with the 'Sherdians Blue and White Army' chant. Then he joined in again and a number of people stopped as they knew they were being drowned out. It has to be used sparingly at games like that, if at all imo. Guess we don't have the problem now though.

Not so sure about that. It helped when nobody was singing as it at least created some sort of atmosphere, but when he briefly stopped more people began to join in with the 'Sherdians Blue and White Army' chant. Then he joined in again and a number of people stopped as they knew they were being drowned out. It has to be used sparingly at games like that, if at all imo. Guess we don't have the problem now though.

Got to hold my hand up a little on this one.....I've been a bit sick and tired with the moaning about the drum, esp as I sit within a few seats of it in the Chaddy and it's never bothered me one bit....however, tonight, what you've posted there was exactly true. I stopped myself as he just totally ruined the "Oh when the blues" chant....however, I think he realised that later on as it become so obvious, he didn't drum in on a later rendition of the chant.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Personally, I was glad to see him take no notice of those who just want to be bitter (without any facts of what went on) and clap us Latics fans who did appreciate his efforts for us. Good on that man!

Although i didnt clap him...I'm sure we would be performing better with Wellens in our side rather than against!!

As for the drum....where's the 'shall we buy a drum for you' chant now :grin:

I'll tell you what. That Donny fan couldnt half move. He ran on the opposite side to us like a whippet. We all thought it was just one of drummer boys mates messing about at first.

There wasnt any catching him. Especially given the road he ran down he could of gone in about 3 directions. Dont think you'll see that again.

Shame really as he did alright last night did drummer boy. He got a decent atmosphere going. Though he did kill a few songs by constantly drumming. Namely the Sheridan chant which went on for an age.

Still. We've got a brilliant chant that cant be drummed over which rang out most of the 2nd half. Hopefully the younger drummer lot will start to listen to other people's songs in future as there was some little ditties being started last night which none of them had a clue about so they just instantly started singing one of the same old chants over it.

WE PLAY IN BLUEEEEEEEEEEE AND TANGERINE!!!!!!

I reckon we find the lad, and give him a tenner!

Thank god its gone, last night was a joke, even trying to have a go at his own fans because people didnt like it!

Little :censored: I couldnt sing with that racket in my ear!

I noticed andy ritchies chants on saturday were tryting to be drummed a long to, which wasnt that good the drum is good for the Der Der chant but thats about it.

Must say im with rocky on this one !!!!

WEEEEEEE ALL PLAY IN [/color]BLUE andTangerine!!!!!!

WE play in BLUUUUUEEEEE and Tangerine , We play blueee and tangerine.

WEEEEEEE AALLLLLL play in BLUE and TANGERINE!

doncaster vikings site read what donny fans have to say about the drum

The "little kid in the South Stand with a tambourine & 2 sticks", who was laughed at, will have the last laugh when he turns up at the next game with a drum!

There was no problem with accoustics last night as the galant few (and drum) could be heard loud and clear by the Donny fans.

• 2 weeks later...
3/4's of the way up on the right?

I saw him leg it towards the road but he was a quick nipper, the drummer didnt set chase or anything, by the time id realised he had gone, maybe if someone had given chase some Doncaster fans or Oldham would have grabbed him at least.

On the subject 2 of drummer boys mates sung "You fat :censored:" to a lad in the car park that seemed unprovaked so the lad turned around and said "You want to settle this" which was not expected by the drummer boys mates who carried on walking away, he followed them before moving off so not sure if he told the lad to do it or not.

I think the drum did help a bit tonight because it would have been much harder to make noise with only so few of us there.

lets get it right mate.. im the drummer and that fat man told me i was a sad :censored: for taking a drum and said i needed to get a life.. my reply was that he needed to get a life calling 15/16 year olds for taking a drum. then he said come on then ill kill u right now and so thats why he was being called a fat bas:censored:rd... did he not deserve it or is that my fault again? anyway.. i have a new bass drum, see u on tuesday :wink:

Edited by oa_exile
Bad Language

lets get it right mate.. im the drummer and that fat man told me i was a sad :censored: for taking a drum and said i needed to get a life.. my reply was that he needed to get a life calling 15/16 year olds for taking a drum. then he said come on then ill kill u right now and so thats why he was being called a fat bas:censored:rd... did he not deserve it or is that my fault again? anyway.. i have a new bass drum, see u on tuesday :wink:

I can't fault you good intentions and all!

It's always your fault, son, unless someone specifically tells you it isn't. You, sadly, are not a good drummer. In fact, you are a very bad drummer. We would all love a drummer, but someone who can actually play the :censored: thing.

Also, your "mum" posts under the same name. Is there any coincidence?

Also, your "mum" posts under the same name. Is there any coincidence?

i have a 5 piece kit.quite nice it is too.so if you need any help in how to play correctly let me know.

if not just do a google search fro drum lessons.if you aint got rythm you wont play a drum.

The drummer is not a good drummer, is what I was saying, and needs help. He ruins the tempo of songs by speeding up when he ought to just keep a steady beat. Worse still, he's ruined the OWTB song beyond repair because even when he's not there now, people feel the need to speed up to a point at which it's impossible to sing the words. Send him to Royton ATC's marching band, if they still have one, for some tuition. Age needn't be a factor in all this: sixteen to sixty year olds are all perfectly entitled to be bad drummers. I'd love to indulge it but--how can I put this clearly?--it's really irritating.

Edited by oa_exile
Inappropriate post