gregans gamesmanship

That's a bit of a puzzler, I thought Greegs looked as if he was carrying an injury in the second half at Udders.

Tonight's rarely wrong Chron says:

"Meanwhile, Athletic suffered a potentially damaging blow last night when Sean Gregan limped out of their 3-0 defeat at Doncaster Rovers.

Gregan lasted only a few minutes of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy game before giving way to a sore Achilles.

The injury first occurred during Athletic’s weekend draw at Huddersfield, but it was decided to play him last night as Sheridan was keen to field a strong side.

Gregan – who has been ever-present since February – is being monitored over the next 48 hours, but he is a major doubt for the home game with Northampton on Saturday."

Hindsight is a great thing, but it doesn't take a genius to know that it's likely to aggravate an injury by playing in a secondary competition, with so many more important games coming up over the next few weeks. :sign0007:

Thommo's 'punishment' for last night's performance is to play for the Reserves tonight. :towork: Hope Trotman doesn't get injured, and I :pray: that Stam has better luck with his fitness.

get Trotman in the team its about time the boy was given a chance

all greegan does is try and use his weight 90% time he will try and shove players out of way instead of going winning the ball!!! Watch him at set pieces. He still thinks he is a premiership player and until he loses some of his ego he is keep making mistakes

More WTF Sheridan......I don't mind a strong side but playing Greegs last night was a :censored:ing joke! Shez....don't become a liability with :censored: like this!

"The injury first occurred during Athletic’s weekend draw at Huddersfield, but it was decided to play him last night as Sheridan was keen to field a strong side"

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

I can't say it enough! And if I was Trottman....I'd be putting in a transfer request tomorrow....being behind Thompson in the pecking order must be humiliating :grin:

More WTF Sheridan......I don't mind a strong side but playing Greegs last night was a :censored:ing joke! Shez....don't become a liability with :censored: like this!

"The injury first occurred during Athletic’s weekend draw at Huddersfield, but it was decided to play him last night as Sheridan was keen to field a strong side"

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

I can't say it enough! And if I was Trottman....I'd be putting in a transfer request tomorrow....being behind Thompson in the pecking order must be humiliating :grin:

i have to agree,you cant play one of your top players when injured,which would mean dont play kilkenny either as he hasnt been fit all season yet.

and yeah,some of our fringe players must be getting really fed up,makes you wonder what they have to do sometimes to get a place on the first team.

i have to agree,you cant play one of your top players when injured,which would mean dont play kilkenny either as he hasnt been fit all season yet.

and yeah,some of our fringe players must be getting really fed up,makes you wonder what they have to do sometimes to get a place on the first team.

We should have stuck the kids out against Accrington and taken the fine.

It's probably less than we would lose if we got a home draw at any point in the competition anyway.

get Trotman in the team its about time the boy was given a chance

all greegan does is try and use his weight 90% time he will try and shove players out of way instead of going winning the ball!!! Watch him at set pieces. He still thinks he is a premiership player and until he loses some of his ego he is keep making mistakes

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Whatever you say angus.

Trotman does deserve a chance and Shez said at the do a few weeks back that he rates him highly.

He played centre half with Stam last night and captained the side. Very vocal and kept encouraging the side even at 6-1 down. Thommo played in midfield and did a half decent job of it. Stam was then subbed and rather than move Thompson back to play centre half he was also brought off. Writing is on the wall for him...

Trotman does deserve a chance and Shez said at the do a few weeks back that he rates him highly.

He played centre half with Stam last night and captained the side. Very vocal and kept encouraging the side even at 6-1 down. Thommo played in midfield and did a half decent job of it. Stam was then subbed and rather than move Thompson back to play centre half he was also brought off. Writing is on the wall for him...

How long is Thompson signed for? If it's two years then surely Shez is going to try and get him through his present dismal form, even if only to get him to a level where he can move him on. He can't have played that badly throughout his career.

How long is Thompson signed for? If it's two years then surely Shez is going to try and get him through his present dismal form, even if only to get him to a level where he can move him on. He can't have played that badly throughout his career.

I do believe it is a two year deal yes. In the interview after Donny he blamed him for two of the goals after Gordon said he'd played well and suggested that he needs to be prepared at all times to come off the bench.

Not sure if that was in response to me RBL, but I agree that Rodders deserves a chance, but not and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOT at the expense of a fit Gregan, as was being implied in angus' post. Certainly not while Hazell is here and playing very well in partnership with Gregan.

Not sure if that was in response to me RBL, but I agree that Rodders deserves a chance, but not and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOT at the expense of a fit Gregan, as was being implied in angus' post. Certainly not while Hazell is here and playing very well in partnership with Gregan.

No, sorry Dan. All this quoting stuff just messes things up sometimes.

I don't think either should be dropped but if Greegs cannot make Saturday I'd have Trotman in there definitely. He should be the backup now with Stam just returning to fitness.

Guest oa_exile

I would think that now that Stam is nearly knocking on the door for a 1st team recall the pecking order for CB's is

Gregan

Hazell

Stam

Trotman

Thompson (only chance for him is at RB when and if Eardley is injured or suspended)

I would think that now that Stam is nearly knocking on the door for a 1st team recall the pecking order for CB's is

I wouldn't say knocking just yet. First hour of football in quite a while last night and I wouldn't put him in first team contention for a few weeks yet either.

Guest oa_exile
No, sorry Dan. All this quoting stuff just messes things up sometimes.

I don't think either should be dropped but if Greegs cannot make Saturday I'd have Trotman in there definitely. He should be the backup now with Stam just returning to fitness.

Posted at the same time RBL , agree with what you say.Stam is a few games away yet.

EDIT : lol :grin: stop posting at the same time as me :huh:

Guest oa_exile

I wouldn't say knocking just yet. First hour of football in quite a while last night and I wouldn't put him in first team contention for a few weeks yet either.

*Cough* i did say Nearly :wink:

Guest oa_exile
Alright, alright! I just have high hopes for Trot and I don't want the lad being pushed further back when an opportunity comes along only Stam to fall apart again. :wink:

Here is a good question , Do you think that Latics will offer >> Stam << a contract at the end of the season ?

Not actually played that many games in the three seasons he has been here.

Here is a good question , Do you think that Latics will offer >> Stam << a contract at the end of the season ?

Not actually played that many games in the three seasons he has been here.

Can't really say right now. I think it'd be unfair to do so as well. He needs to get fit first of all, then get in the team, then have a run of games till the end of the season injury free and performing as well as he can. Then we could decide.

Guest oa_exile
Can't really say right now. I think it'd be unfair to do so as well. He needs to get fit first of all, then get in the team, then have a run of games till the end of the season injury free and performing as well as he can. Then we could decide.

I was on the plane with Stefan (sat next to him) when he was coming back for pre season training.

He had been working hard during the summer months and he knows that season is make or break for him.

I just hope now that his Latest comeback will see him through this season and the Club offer him at least a 1 year extension.

I just hope now that his Latest comeback will see him through this season and the Club offer him at least a 1 year extension.

Safest thing for us as a club to do. Most clubs at this level are only handing out maximum two year deals now to players over about 24 (bar Liddell and Ricketts). We'l just have to see how he goes on when he's fit this time. A year this time was safest for us.